Cougar King's postgame thoughts

Cougar King

Well guys, at least the game was close before the kickoff. Anyway, after a night of celebration and debauchery, here are my postgame thoughts. First of all, good showing by you folks from Denton last night. I saw few old dorm mates and thought it was pretty cool to see them come all the way here. I'm disappointed only 26k showed up on our side, but we'll have another sellout before the season's over. The Green Brigade sounded great last night, I was hoping we were going to do Gangnam Style to show them up, but we didn't. Now onto the game...

Offense: Hell of a game by Piland, he only threw for 310 yards but he played mistake-free football and extended the plays instead taking sacks. We also were impressed with the way he ran over one of your cornerbacks and knocked him out of the game when he almost ran in for that touchdown.The former 5-star recruit Greenberry lead the team in receptions, the UNT secondary couldn't contain him and we were quite impressed with his performance. Hats off to our Offensive Line for not allowing any sacks and keeping penetrations to a minimum. SIMS, yes SIMS, we arguably have by far the best running back in C-USA to compliment our Passing attack. I don't know if you guys know this, but Sims broke his old rushing record last night. (His previous 200+ game was against Tulane last year). Every time we saw Sims run the ball, we thought he was going to take it all the way each and every time. I hope he comes back for his senior year next year,

Defense: Other than our defense not wrapping up Byrd when he ran for that touchdown. I thought defense did okay. They were playing too loose towards the end of the game and I am impressed with how they pressured Thompson and forced him to throw 2 interceptions.Still some things to work on.

Special Teams: Hogan was amaing last night, hitting all 3 of his field goals and every extra point. When he lined up and kicked that 50 yarder, did McCarney honestly think he wasn't going to make it since UNT didn't even try to pressure him. We're going to miss Hogan next year even though he's going to most likely be kicking on Sundays. Our punter Leone, who is the nation's top punter and will also be kicking on Sundays had some amazing hangtime and we counted almost up to 8 seconds on his hangtime. Good news though, is that we only punted 2 maybe 3 times? More good news of course, is that the nation's top ranked kicker out of Southlake Carroll will be kicking for the Coogs next year, so it looks like we're re-loading.

UNT Offense: Byrd and Chancellor were the two standouts in my opinion. Thompson didn't manage the game and I think it may be time to let Osborn get under center. UNT needs a QB in this next recruiting class. (The qb for Florida defending state champion and nationally ranked St.Thomas Aquinas is a UH commit, chose the UH over ACC and CUSA offers)

UNT Defense: My analysis during the week was spot-on. I told you guys that our offense was way too powerful for this defense. I was hoping to see a hard-hitting defense that was apparently so hyped-up and it was nonexistent to say the least.

UNT Special Teams: Was Atterberry shanking those punts on purpose?

I could gloat all day and quote every single post in my other thread, but I'm in a pretty good mood. So, I'll let bygones be bygones for now at least. Glad that a lot of you came all the way down from Denton and you guys were respectful and seemingly had a good time. Best of luck next week.

Edited by Cougar King
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 6

What happened to your "sell out" and rowdy Cougar fans? We were louder than your whole stadium, albeit for about five minutes. Your attendance looked about on par with ours. How many students showed up, like 400?

FIrst off, there were around 25k in the 2nd quarter, I'm disappointed at our sellout streak finally being broken. You aren't in any position to talk smack right now.

• Downvote 5

25K with about 3K UNT fans...so 21K-22K just like us. Such superior fans, right? It was funny, I went into the Bunker Hill Academy to find some tailgating stuff and was surprised at the complete lack of UH gear. Thought Houston supported you guys? No UH section at Academy after starting 1-3? Yikes. We suck, but everyone knows we suck and we still pull 22K and have North Texas stuff at all the stores. And you guys are moving to the Big East and had College Gameday come, right? Oh, and the tailgating, there was SOOOOOO much tailgating.

Edited by meangreener
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

25K with about 3K UNT fans...so 21K-22K just like us. Such superior fans, right? It was funny, I went into the Bunker Hill Academy to find some tailgating stuff and was surprised at the complete lack of UH gear. Thought Houston supported you guys? No UH section at Academy after starting 1-3? Yikes. We suck, but everyone knows we suck and we still pull 22K and have North Texas stuff at all the stores. And you guys are moving to the Big East and had College Gameday come, right? Oh, and the tailgating, there was SOOOOOO much tailgating.

Yawn, La Tech and Tx State were sellouts. I bought 4 UH shirts at Academy on Friday. I'm trying to be nice here, don't push it.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

Yawn, La Tech and Tx State were sellouts. I bought 4 UH shirts at Academy on Friday. I'm trying to be nice here, don't push it.

Yeah, maybe the Academy in River Oaks or West U.

And, oooh, you're trying to be nice? You can call us NTSU or say that we suck...newsflash, we know that we suck. As usual, same NT, different day. My point being is that I was expecting this incredible college atmosphere...instead I felt like I was at Fouts...between the horrendous labeling of the rows, Shaniqua yelling at people over their seats and the completely empty endzones...I thought I had stepped into a time warp. The tailgating was non-existent, as were the student section. I can't remember the last time we had a student turnout that bad. And your band. LOL. Good luck pulling 25K for UConn. I'm done.

And, yes, I'm bitter.

Edited by meangreener
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Ok, I've kept my mouth shut for too long. First of all, get a life, dude. You sound quite pathetic when you have to go on another team's board to talk smack, don't you have your own? Secondly, get a life. Oh wait, I already said that. Great things are happening at NT and will continue to and I'm sure UH is making strides as well. In football, you are ahead but we all know how quickly programs can rise and fall, so please shut your mouth if you're going to sound condescending on here. Bottom line, get a life and be productive, i.e. get the heck out of here. I'm trying to be nice here, don't push it.

Edited by bleedgreen4ever
  • Upvote 4

Ok, I've kept my mouth shut for too long. First of all, get a life, dude. You sound quite pathetic when you have to go on another team's board to talk smack, don't you have your own? Secondly, get a life. Oh wait, I already said that. Great things are happening at NT and will continue to and I'm sure UH is making strides as well. In football, you are ahead but we all know how quickly programs can rise and fall, so please shut your mouth if you're going to sound condescending on here. Bottom line, get a life and be productive, i.e. get the heck out of here. I'm trying to be nice here, don't push it.

It's not my fault you forgot to bring the defense to Houston. You guys dogged UH all week, guaranteed a win, and put your defense on a pedestal. Every one of my posts are and were backed up with cold hard facts. You got smashed last night. Accept it.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

It's not my fault you forgot to bring the defense to Houston. You guys dogged UH all week, guaranteed a win, and put your defense on a pedestal. Every one of my posts are and were backed up with cold hard facts. You got smashed last night. Accept it.

Did I even bring that up? Sure, our ultra-young team has lots of issues and we were over-optimistic. But, I brought up the fact that you have no life and appear pathetic wasting your time on here. Again, get a life, man.

Only thing I'll say is that yalls tailgating is a complete joke. I was around the student tailgating and people didn't really show up until 4 and even then it didn't compare to what we have. Congrats on kicking our ass though. Our team probably lost its fan base for the rest of the year.

The tailgating was hilariously pathetic. Let the Texans fans show you how to do it. I was totally let down by the gameday experience.

I think most people here thought Houston would win, unless UNT was at least +2 in TO's. Since we were -2, we really had no chance. You said the atmosphere at the Rob was unlike anything we had seen. Yeah, we haven't seen an atmosphere like that since we left Fouts Field. The stadium was dark, attendance sparse, it screamed small time, UNT fans filled about 15% of your stadium for you. Either way you a giant troll, and hopefully fellow Mean Green fans will stop posting as I will and you will die as a poster here.

Edited by glick1980
  • Upvote 1

I think most people here thought Houston would win, unless UNT was at least +2 in TO's. Since we were -2, we really had no chance. You said the atmosphere at the Rob was unlike anything we had seen. Yeah, we haven't seen an atmosphere like that since we left Fouts Field. The stadium was dark, attendance sparse, it screamed small time, UNT fans filled about 15% of your stadium for you. Either way you a giant troll, and hopefully fellow Mean Green fans will stop posting as I will and you will die as a poster here.

A thread made by Coog King is like a Tim Tebow article. Love me or hate me, you read it and acknowledge me regardless.

Edited by Cougar King
  • Downvote 2

I said this once this series was announced. I hated scheduling UH.

For a Stadium opener it was horrible. UH was a top team last season. There was no shot in hell we were going to win that game. You either bring in a cupcake, TSU, or if you plan on bringing in a legit team to lose to at least make it a name team. UT opened the UCF stadium.

For a return game. There was a glimmer of hope after UH lost to Texas State, but it was only a matter of time till they got things turned around, which they managed to do right before we came to town. UH is still a very good team who just took some time to get things straight after losing their 7th year Qb and Head Coach.

HORRIBLE SCHEDULING

I said this once this series was announced. I hated scheduling UH.

For a Stadium opener it was horrible. UH was a top team last season. There was no shot in hell we were going to win that game. You either bring in a cupcake, TSU, or if you plan on bringing in a legit team to lose to at least make it a name team. UT opened the UCF stadium.

For a return game. There was a glimmer of hope after UH lost to Texas State, but it was only a matter of time till they got things turned around, which they managed to do right before we came to town. UH is still a very good team who just took some time to get things straight after losing their 7th year Qb and Head Coach.

HORRIBLE SCHEDULING

For me horrible scheduling is facing the LSU's and Alabama's of the world every single year. With all due respect to Houston it's just Houston. Yes they've been pretty decent the last few years but they're still beatable. If we can't schedule the Houston's of the world for fear of not winning or having a chance then something is wrong.

• Upvote 3

Question...why would anyone...anyone attend Cougar High? Even the City of Houston doesn't support the program...as witnessed by a pathetic crowd of about 22,000 showing up (that's less the 3000 or so Mean green fans). Apparently tailgating is a non-happening at Cougar High and the crowd as pathetic as well. never liked Cougar High getting into the old SWC. Thought it "ruined the neighborhood so to speak) and was super glad the Big XII had the sense not to take Cougar High when they took on parts of the old SC.

Who the heck would want to live in Houston when you could live in Denton and closer to DFW? That place is the home of Enron and large mosquitoes and almost nothing else. Sucks as a place to live and even visit.....built the darn place BELOW sea level and it shows.

So, Cougar King...yes, you guys won the football game. Congratulations...now, the problem is you have to attend Cougar High and live in the Houston area.

In my book that's a big win for the fans of the Mean Green and UNT!

Enjoy that pile of "dodo" that is your new conference...if it even exists in another year!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

For me horrible scheduling is facing the LSU's and Alabama's of the world every single year. With all due respect to Houston it's just Houston. Yes they've been pretty decent the last few years but they're still beatable. If we can't schedule the Houston's of the world for fear of not winning or having a chance then something is wrong.

This, this, and this.

Houston is a PERFECT game to schedule. I've dogged RV on occasion, but I certainly have no qualms with his scheduling a home-and-home with Houston. But we can't show up with our "D" game and expect to have a chance.

Question...why would anyone...anyone attend Cougar High? Even the City of Houston doesn't support the program...as witnessed by a pathetic crowd of about 22,000 showing up (that's less the 3000 or so Mean green fans). Apparently tailgating is a non-happening at Cougar High and the crowd as pathetic as well. never liked Cougar High getting into the old SWC. Thought it "ruined the neighborhood so to speak) and was super glad the Big XII had the sense not to take Cougar High when they took on parts of the old SC.

Who the heck would want to live in Houston when you could live in Denton and closer to DFW? That place is the home of Enron and large mosquitoes and almost nothing else. Sucks as a place to live and even visit.....built the darn place BELOW sea level and it shows.

So, Cougar King...yes, you guys won the football game. Congratulations...now, the problem is you have to attend Cougar High and live in the Houston area.

In my book that's a big win for the fans of the Mean Green and UNT!

Enjoy that pile of "dodo" that is your new conference...if it even exists in another year!

Like.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1