Dan McCarney vs Dennis Franchione

UNT90

Texas St beats the crap out of Houston. Houston beats the crap out of us.

Yes, this is relevant, because we could have had either. Not taking any sides here, but DFran already has a signature win (for Tx St,. Anyway), while we continue with soul crushing losses.

I really don't know if this program will ever turn around.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 3

Yes, this is relevant, because we could have had either. Not taking any sides here, but DFran already has a signature win (for Tx St,. Anyway), while we continue with soul crushing losses.

You cant compare the TX State game compared to this game it was played over a month ago... They fired the OC and the coaches made adjustments, pretty simple

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Then this is not the same team that competed well at LSU and KSU. UH and UNT are moving in opposite directions?

Do you really believe LSU and K State threw everything at us? Neither were up for us and for some reason we seemed a little creative against k state. Haven't seen that from the offense in a few weeks.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

You could make a case for McCarney with the win over Indiana last season as a signature win.

Look, McCarney is now our coach. We need to take a deep breath support him. The woulda, shoulda, coulda game is a total waste of time. Give him some time to recruit his players. Don't judge this by one or two games.

• Upvote 1

I wouldn't go that far- a lot of variables. Unfortunately, I only have my assumptions based on what I could see from ESPN game cast on my phone. It seems to me that we just don't know how to finish. Short yardage- punt. Third and goad- no gain. Over throw on fourth and goal. Weapons aside, these guys lack killer instinct. Is it natural in a football team? Debatable. But, either way, training negates instinct.

It's a valid question of which coach would've been the best choice. Both have some major skins on the walls as college head coaches. However, using five or six games in one season ... or even two games in one season to come to a conclusion is silly. Yes, TSU beat Houston but Houston was horrible at the beginning of the season and the first week is always the easiest week for a lesser team to surprise a better team.

In addition, TSU just got blasted by a bad New Mexico team. A "signature" win is one that shows evidence of a team improving to a new level. One big win among a season full of losses is not a signature win. It's a blip.

Edited by NorthTexan95

Sometines you take one step back in order to take two steps forward. We must give coach Mac time to recruite. Honestly,how many top players do we have at the "skill positions"? Chandler and who else?

Coach Mac has had more time to recruit than Coach Fran (and don't give me that crrap about nothing being left in the cupboard). Coach Fran beat Houston with a provisional FBS team. Houston is not a good football team.

I just get tired of hearing Mac tell us all off-season how improved DT is over last year, then watching Coach Mac not give DT any chance to show any improvemnt by not throwing on 1st down 9 out of the 10 first series of the game, and the one time he did throw was after we were already down 2 touchdowns. Mac knew Houston would load the box. He said so last week. I don't understand why you come out in double tight end sets and bang your head against the wall that is an 8 or 9 man front. It just makes no sense. Want to run the ball? Fine, go four wide and run against a 5 or 6 man front with your front 5. Maybe even throw in a 1st down pass to, I don't know, keep the other team a little off-balance.

It appears that everything Coach Mac said about DT in the off-season was complete coach-speak. Actions mean more than words, and Coach Mac shows EVERY game that he does not trust DT or the receivers in the passing game.

If this is the offensive game plan the rest of the year, get ready for 3-9, with a struggle against USA.

• Upvote 2

Oh, please...........had to happen. But, please. The things folks will post after a loss. Fun stuff this college football thing.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1