LSU 2012 schedule

emmitt01

to be fair... the conference slate is a bit stronger...

so because a team plays in a big name conference, then they don't have to do all they can to put their best schedule up for the fans to enjoy? who cares if their conference slate is stronger, they "supposedly" have the players to handle that schedule. i understand a few patsies...but to load up with them because the conference is tough is not acceptable.

i hope nt doesn't do that when they get into cusa because the conference slate is stronger...screw that...play games against like or better opponents and beat their asses!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Looks like a JJ schedule...That isn't a compliment by the way.

Actually, it's basically Trent Johnson's schedule...save for JJ making the wise career decision of not playing UNT. If you took the time to look at LSU's schedule from '11-'12 you'd notice many of the same schools.

Common sense is a bitch sometimes, huh?

• Upvote 4

so because a team plays in a big name conference, then they don't have to do all they can to put their best schedule up for the fans to enjoy? who cares if their conference slate is stronger, they "supposedly" have the players to handle that schedule. i understand a few patsies...but to load up with them because the conference is tough is not acceptable.

i hope nt doesn't do that when they get into cusa because the conference slate is stronger...screw that...play games against like or better opponents and beat their asses!

The assumption here being that teams will schedule us. Does anyone honestly think, with the team we have now and will have next year, that the athletic department isnt trying to bring in as many attractive opponents as possible? As if we dont need/want to sell tickets?

Trust me, just like teams are screening Boise's football calls, teams are screening our basketball ones.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Stan, are you coming to Houston for the game. I will try and get some brothers out for some tailgating possibley. There are a few eps in Houston.

Ray

Unfortunately no, not this year. I should probably be flogged for my hypocrisy on this, but it just ain't going to happen due to budget, schedule conflict issues. Enjoy your time down there. It's going to bother me not being there.

• Upvote 1

Actually, it's basically Trent Johnson's schedule...save for JJ making the wise career decision of not playing UNT. If you took the time to look at LSU's schedule from '11-'12 you'd notice many of the same schools.

Common sense is a bitch sometimes, huh?

So this 2012 UNT schedule is JJ's? I think not. JJ coulda made changes if he wanted to do so. He didn't.

But, someone remind me again, why do we give 2 flips about LSU's schedule, anyway??

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1

So this 2012 UNT schedule is JJ's? I think not. JJ coulda made changes if he wanted to do so. He didn't.

UTA, Jackson State, Cameron...ya...those are left over contracts from JJ...much like Coastal Carolina, Boise State, UC Irvine and Marquette appear to be left over from Johnson. He could pay to break those contracts...but why? He wisely broke one knowing what he left here at UNT, but Coastal Carolina is a pretty good middie coming to BR, while a swing to Boise and Irvine give the team a stern test but winnable roadie.

• Upvote 1

UTA, Jackson State, Cameron...ya...those are left over contracts from JJ...much like Coastal Carolina, Boise State, UC Irvine and Marquette appear to be left over from Johnson. He could pay to break those contracts...but why? He wisely broke one knowing what he left here at UNT, but Coastal Carolina is a pretty good middie coming to BR, while a swing to Boise and Irvine give the team a stern test but winnable roadie.

The Preseason NIT was also a deal we made under JJ

But, someone remind me again, why do we give 2 flips about LSU's schedule, anyway??

Hey...if we can devote a thread to every time Todd Dodge lands a job or drops a load we can keep up with the events surrounding a coach who resurrected a program instead of burying it.

• Upvote 3

Every SEC team in every sport schedules nothing but patsies, almost always at home, for OOC. In sports that use an RPI, they schedule the best teams from the worst conferences so that their opponent records look good.

Edit: they're playing AT UC Irvine? Wow. Somebody in Orange County has pictures of Johnny naked with a donkey. Irvine sucks and their arena holds just shy of 5,000.

Edited by oldguystudent

But, we might just care about the Marble Falls schedule more than we do LSU's...who is to say? I really don't care about either one unless they have UNT on the schedule, and I seriously doubt UNT will show up on thje Marble Falls schedule any time soon...now TAMS...maybe another story. Suit those bright yopungsters up in Mean Green green and send 'em to Marble Falls...who is in on this????? let's do it...GO TAMS, beat marble Falls!!!! Has a nice ring to it, wouldn't you say? Chess at 50 paces perhaps????

• Downvote 1

Don't remember discussing the Marble Falls schedule...

No, we didn't discuss their schedule. Just EVERY other thing related to anyone named Dodge since they took a big poop on our football program.

Don't believe me? Read for yourself,..and I hope you don't have anywhere to be in the next few hours (and this isn't all of them).

Edited by emmitt01
  • Upvote 2

And if we can whine about that, surely we can whine about this.

Yep.

I'd much rather discuss Creighton, St. Louis, Lehigh, the pre-season NIT, etc...

But, much like Dodge, some would rather continue the love JJ/hate JJ debate (which is a really stupid debate, by the way).

Good luck to JJ at LSU, but unless they are playing UNT or somene that somehow affects UNT, I don't care.

I don't know why anyone would.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Yep.

I'd much rather discuss Creighton, St. Louis, Lehigh, the pre-season NIT, etc...

But, much like Dodge, some would rather continue the love JJ/hate JJ debate (which is a really stupid debate, by the way).

Good luck to JJ at LSU, but unless they are playing UNT or somene that somehow affects UNT, I don't care.

I don't know why anyone would.

Then start a thread about Creighton, St. Louis, Lehigh, the pre-season NIT, etc...

• Upvote 1