Worst game in the McCarney era

cdizzle86

lol.

BTW no way this is worse than the FIU game.

This loss was tough but the sky is not falling. People need to chill out.

You mean the same FIU game that we hardly had a chance at winning is worse than this loss? The sky may not be falling, but the FIU loss wasn't worse than this one. The WKU game last year definitely beat the FIU one, and I'm too tired to look further than that but I'm sure there are more losses even from last year that were worse than the FIU game. That was the first game of the McCarney era, opening on the road against the reigning conference champs...there was no chance in hell of a win that night.

Regardless, this game does sting. A lot. At this moment, I'd say this is the worst of the McCarney era, but I'd rather wait a couple weeks to look back on it and really see what it meant in the grand scheme of things before giving it that title for sure.

• Upvote 1

Tonight was embarrassing. It looked like Dodge-ball out there. Thompson played like crap. The kickers played like crap. Coach MaCarney, the guy who said the loss to LSU was "inexcusable", did not impress me in his post game interview. Seemed to be making excuses to me.

We didn't score any points in five trips to the red zone. 6 wins is not going to happen. We lost to a team we should have beat. Many casual fans that showed up tonight won't be coming back to see our '76 Bucs impersonation. Dreams of a large crowd for the ESPN2 game just went up in smoke. All is not well in the Mean Green Nation.

• Upvote 1

You mean the same FIU game that we hardly had a chance at winning is worse than this loss? The sky may not be falling, but the FIU loss wasn't worse than this one. The WKU game last year definitely beat the FIU one, and I'm too tired to look further than that but I'm sure there are more losses even from last year that were worse than the FIU game. That was the first game of the McCarney era, opening on the road against the reigning conference champs...there was no chance in hell of a win that night.

Regardless, this game does sting. A lot. At this moment, I'd say this is the worst of the McCarney era, but I'd rather wait a couple weeks to look back on it and really see what it meant in the grand scheme of things before giving it that title for sure.

The WKU loss last year was an epic failure and total embarrasment to UNT football even with Dunbar tender. Tonights game is tied with the WKU loss last season. Remember folks, we were at home tonight and only scored 7 damned points !

• Upvote 1

Just when I had hope that we are turning the corner and moving up in the college football world... We are still the same Unt we have been for 8 years... I would like to say I've never felt this bad before, but unfortunately I have been here too many times before

Just when I had hope that we are turning the corner and moving up in the college football world... We are still the same Unt we have been for 8 years... I would like to say I've never felt this bad before, but unfortunately I have been here too many times before

I feel much the same way. I feel rather empty after this loss. Hopefully they will rally on the road

and show the fortitude I believe this team has.

GMG

• Upvote 1

This is not the end of the world. Maybe for people who were expecting 8-10 wins, but the team isnt there yet.

The depth isnt there and I believe like many year 3 is when DMac will take this team over the hump. My only reason for holding out on that, is because DT will still be at QB.

The D played great and the fans showed up. Take it for what it is and move on. I for one still think this team will improve and that DMac is our guy.

• Upvote 2

Maybe the team just cannot play at home. Their two worst games by far TSU and Troy.

What up with McCarney after playing comparatively great against top 20 teams he does his losing is not acceptable spill and after a really horrible performance it is just one of those games.

Is Troy really a better defensive team than KSU?

All momentum is now lost.

I admit I drank the green cold aid and thought this team had turned the corner.

Troy is not a good team, maybe those coaches knew something when they selected NT as number eight in the conference.

• Upvote 2

This is not the end of the world. Maybe for people who were expecting 8-10 wins, but the team isnt there yet.

The depth isnt there and I believe like many year 3 is when DMac will take this team over the hump. My only reason for holding out on that, is because DT will still be at QB.

The D played great and the fans showed up. Take it for what it is and move on. I for one still think this team will improve and that DMac is our guy.

I've always thought one of the hardest leaps in football is to go from a team hovering around the .500 mark to a contender. Will things improve before the season ends? Perhaps and I definitely hope so. However, if this team takes a step back this year, it's going to be difficult going into Conference USA where the competition gets tougher. On the other hand, if the Mean Green put this debacle behind them and finish up strong, then I'd say the future for next year looks bright.

• Upvote 2

I've always thought one of the hardest leaps in football is to go from a team hovering around the .500 mark to a contender. Will things improve before the season ends? Perhaps and I definitely hope so. However, if this team takes a step back this year, it's going to be difficult going into Conference USA where the competition gets tougher. On the other hand, if the Mean Green put this debacle behind them and finish up strong, then I'd say the future for next year looks bright.

There is a reason the term "sophomore slump" exists, and that might be exactly what this team is facing...

• Downvote 1