Special teams...

James329

Frustrating is the right word about this game because we should have scored more than 7 points.

I don't think this is a season ending loss like some of the faithful are looking at it. I still think still have a nice chance to win every game.

At least you are consistent, and optimists are sure a thing this program needs right now. I still think a 5-7 or 6-6 season is realistic (my but is on the record at 5-7 before the first game, but I actually through 4 games saw a team more talented than I had thought). But Chico, DT and Mac need to have a come to Jesus meeting and figure things out and Coach riddle is maximally one bad special teams game away from getting fired.

That said, looking just at the stats we should have won the game and have what it takes in place to win most of the games left on the schedule if we show up only halfway at QB. And Jimmerson is still special, the Defense actually had it's best effort of the year, got really only burned once.

Edited by outoftown

http://rivals.yahoo....n-Grogan-137138

Check out the link from this kid at Arlington Martin. AUTOMATIC within 50 yds. Played on the same team at Connor and Mustafa.

this would be a GREAT START. In light of last night, this kid should get an offer TODAY along with the old recruiting tools of a F150 crew cab in a MEAN GREEN color.

Edited by trussbussdad

Check out the link from this kid at Arlington Martin. AUTOMATIC within 50 yds. Played on the same team at Connor and Mustafa.

this would be a GREAT START. In light of last night, this kid should get an offer TODAY along with the old recruiting tools of a F150 crew cab in a MEAN GREEN color.

After directly or indirectly leaving 15 FG points on the field, I would be 100% on board with this.

Special teams are a freaking disaster.

Breland Chancellor should not be returning punts. Everything either bounces or he calls for a fair catch with no one within 20 yards of him ((twice tonight).

He should not be returning kicks.

We should not try a field goal if we are within 5 yards if a 2"1st down. Just go for it. Chances are better of making a 1st down than a FG.

Special teams remind me if the Dodge days.

Trice should be returning punts

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Trice should be returning punts

Anyone but Chancellor. Yes, he is explosived, but has proven for 2 straight years that he simply does not have the feel for returning punts. You can't be explosive when all you do is wave your arms for your teammates to avoid a bouncing ball or wave your hand in the air for a fair catch. Just terrible instincts.

A lot of overreaction on the offense. A young team played a bad team. It's pretty clear right now that the best option at QB is very inconsistent, and his receivers are just not very good.

There is one player on offense on this team with the speed to create breakaway plays, and that is Chancellor. None of the running backs have the speed to outrun secondaries once they break through the line and linebackers. Just not enough big play playmekers on offense (none outside of Chancellor).

14 points allowed is the extremely unsatisfying moral victory. pretty clear this is a 6-6 or a 5-7 team at best.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1

There is one player on offense on this team with the speed to create breakaway plays, and that is Chancellor. None of the running backs have the speed to outrun secondaries once they break through the line and linebackers. Just not enough big play playmekers on offense (none outside of Chancellor).

I agree. I watched a bit of the ESPN replay this morning and prior to the game, the color guy was touting the speed of Jimerson. He is illusive and can break tackles here and there, but speed is not his strength.

• Upvote 1

And Billy haha! Just kidding, but I beat you to it Mr. Trussell! Check out the recruiting thread.

How does he do without a Kicking tee/block? Zach has the leg to kick it 60, i've seen it. Check out Ohlens videos and you'll see the exact same thing, even game film with rushers, a snap, and hold. Zach can get the job done and there is no denying that the problems Saturday were on him, the blocked FG @KSU was not (xtra PT...maybe). I don't see Zach shrinking from his responsibilities and I believe he will work hard to correct the problem. If Ohlen doesn't, then Paul (or someone else :ninja:) could get the call again and I think they will take advantage of the situation if it happens. You seem to like being critical of your sons teammates, you might want to chill a bit, at least until Connor is in the spotlight and others can return the favor. For the record, I like what I've seen out of Connor so far and I am excited about his future at North Texas!

GMG

• Upvote 2