MEAN GREEN KICKOFF-COOKOUT

KRAM1

The Mean green Club just announced the date and time for this year's Mean green Kickoff-Cookout at APOGEE! August 18th from 6-8PM.

$1 drinks and $1 hot dogs...and lots of Mean Green.

Be there or be square.....hope to see a great turnout for the event this year. For those who attended at Apogee last year...the breeze through the stadium concourse made it really nice.

See you there! It's a can't miss event for members of the great Mean green nation everywhere! Plan on being there....See you there!

• Upvote 1

What's all going on at this event? Just mgf mingling? Long drive from Arkansas if anyone has more info thanks!

"Kickoff Cookout set for August 18

Come join us for the 7th Annual Kickoff Cookout at Apogee Stadium from 6-8pm. Meet the Coaches, Players and more while enjoying $1 Hot Dogs & $1 Drinks. This event is free and open to the public."

My guess is RV and Coach Mac will speak, players will sign autographs, and you can go onto the field and frolic around like a wee little girl.

• Upvote 1

"Kick Off Cookout Is Set For August 18th

University of North Texas

DENTON, Texas (7/31/12) - North Texas Athletics will host the seventh-annual Kick Off Cookout at Apogee Stadium on Saturday, Aug. 18 from 6 - 8 p.m.  This event is free and open to the public. North Texas football players and coaches will be on hand to sign autographs and visit with Mean Green fans. 

The event will take place primarily in the West Concourse of the stadium which also features the Mean Green Gear Stadium Store and the Ticket Office.  Each of which will be open that evening to serve interested clientele. 

Hot dogs and soft drinks will be sold for $1.  Alternative beverages will also be available for purchase. Tables and chairs will be provided in the concourse and attendees will be encouraged to view the club level area as well as the West reserved sideline and North wing general admission seating areas if desired.

Parking will be available in the lots at the North, West, and South sides of the stadium at 1251 South Bonnie Brae. Parking will also be available in the grass lots across South Bonnie Brae from the North Texas Athletic Center, and additionally in the Victory Hall lot if necessary.  Attendees are encouraged to enter through Gate 2 of the West stadium adjacent to the athletic ticket office.

In order for Mean Green Concessions to adequately prepare for food service, participants are requested to RSVP no later than Wednesday, Aug. 15 to AthMarketing@unt.edu.  For additional info please call the North Texas Ticket Office at 940-565-2527. 

What: 7th Annual North Texas Football Kick Off Cookout

When: Saturday August 18 6-8 pm

Where: Apogee Stadium 1251 South Bonnie Brae Street

Enter at Gate 2 next to the Ticket Office on the West Concourse"

• Upvote 1

I'll be there. Last year was fun. I like it much better under the west side of the stadium. The cookouts by the practice fields were very hot. I hope they have another garage sale, like they did for the Spring Game. I can use a few more jerseys.

• Upvote 1

HUGE PROBLEM!!

I have a trip to the river planned with wife and 2 other couples that weekend. Do I skip floating the Guadalupe for hot dogs and beer, or do I take in tons of beer and river time before the wife goes back to teaching?

Thoughts?

Edited by Grant.UNT

My bride and I will be there...yep, adult beverages should be cold and ready for purchase at this event....YUM! Hot Dogs, Beer and Mean Green...doesn't get much better than that!

let's be honest Kram, it was hot as sin out there. You and I know it. Still a can't miss, but don't lie to the folks. :D

Grant...seriously, i recall there being a nice breeze and that it wasn't all that hot in the concourse...considering, of course, that it was in August in Texas. Ok, yes, it was warm, but certainly much more bearable than the days when it was held more outside!

Yeah, it certainly wasn't as hot as the GMG football game on Fouts 2 years ago. but it was warm.

Unfortunately, I have a trip planned to float the river that weekend. Gotta opt out of the cookout.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...