UNT 2012 Midnight Madness

If I'm planning this, I hold a midnight madness event in the Snake Pit and make the event student organization oriented

Build some sort of competition between for the campus organizations. Provide each organization a limited number of "tickets" to participate in the contest with additional tickets available at the door on a "first come first serve" basis only.

Ideally, the organizations will exhaust their limited number of tickets and then encourage camping out for the additional space to ensure they're well represented in the Pit.

If it ends up being a student-only event, GREAT!

Get them on board and excited and the rest of the buzz will fall into place.

• Upvote 1

Hey...and they could use Mean Green Club priority points as a determining factor as to who gets to purchase tickets. Some "value added" for long-time donors and ticket buyers. But, why not use the Super Pit? Is there a conflict? It could, if promoted properly and early enough, see a rather large turnout.....

And, UNT90...love the idea of holding the GMG.Com Basketball game on the same date and at the same venue! Who can help me make that happen this year????

KRAM, with all due respect, the GMG game was a joke. We really don't want to run the students off with the terrible brand of basketball that is the GMG basketball game. :no:

• Upvote 2

KRAM, with all due respect, the GMG game was a joke. We really don't want to run the students off with the terrible brand of basketball that is the GMG basketball game. :no:

Are u saying that a bunch of us old guys would kill all the excitement of these young college kids with some horribly played basketball :)

Would be cool if would get a few alumni to come back & suit up for a scrimmage. Wouldn't mind seeing Josh White go head to head with Chris Jones or TT vs Jordan Williams

Are u saying that a bunch of us old guys would kill all the excitement of these young college kids with some horribly played basketball :)

Would be cool if would get a few alumni to come back & suit up for a scrimmage. Wouldn't mind seeing Josh White go head to head with Chris Jones or TT vs Jordan Williams

Now that is a good idea.

I just love it when someone starts out with "with all due respect"....you know you are about to get slammed...just to remind everyone...that "joke" of a game raised a couple of thousand dollars for the atghletic department.

:judge::thumbsu:

2010-11 VS 2011-12. Do it. I'd be interested to see if Odufuwa could even halfway corral T-Mitch. I still think TT would be the top scorer on the floor, unless Josh were to have one of his crazy 30+pt nights.

Zo, Hogans, & Holmen can chose which team they want to be on, but since Alzee was out 2010-11, he'd have to suit up with last year's squad.

Or, imagine 2000 - 2010 all stars VS this year's team?

For real, I'd pay more money to see this than I would for any other game on the schedule (unless coach Benford can get Kentucky/Duke to the pit or something).

• Upvote 2

2010-11 VS 2011-12. Do it. I'd be interested to see if Odufuwa could even halfway corral T-Mitch. I still think TT would be the top scorer on the floor, unless Josh were to have one of his crazy 30+pt nights.

Zo, Hogans, & Holmen can chose which team they want to be on, but since Alzee was out 2010-11, he'd have to suit up with last year's squad.

Or, imagine 2000 - 2010 all stars VS this year's team?

For real, I'd pay more money to see this than I would for any other game on the schedule (unless coach Benford can get Kentucky/Duke to the pit or something).

Don't know that NCAA rules would allow this.

Also, you don't want a real game. Risk of Injury, ya know.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Don't know that NCAA rules would allow this.

Also, you don't want a real game. Risk of Injury, ya know.

Doesn't the soccer team do something like this yearly?

Call it a "scrimmage", although I'm sure it would get pretty competitive... Maybe have a 3pt competition between Chris Davis, Leonard Hopkins, Calvin Watson, Josh White, Adam McCoy, Brandon Walton, and Mr. 50% himself: T-Mitch.

• Upvote 2

Doesn't the soccer team do something like this yearly?

Call it a "scrimmage", although I'm sure it would get pretty competitive... Maybe have a 3pt competition between Chris Davis, Leonard Hopkins, Calvin Watson, Josh White, Adam McCoy, Brandon Walton, and Mr. 50% himself: T-Mitch.

I know UTEP's soccer team does it. They bring in an alumni squad for a scrimmage against the current team. I went to one. Really fun. Basketball could be ten-fold the fun.

Also, "Mr. 50%"????

• Upvote 1

i haven't missed one at western in years. i almost didn't go last year because of mcdummy. but i wanted to see all of the new kids.

yes...we usually piggyback onto a volleyball game. there are worse things than watching the volleyballers. western's ladies are usually pretty good and usually pretty nice to look at. (perv points for me)

the only thing i don't like is they combine the womens program with it. call me a hater. i couldn't care less about the womens team. after about 20 minutes of their slow motion pseudo hoops the men play a short scrimmage.

we've had dunk contests in the past and 3 point shooting contests. they actually do get quite a few students out for it.

i have no idea what chuck norris....i mean ray harper has in store for this year but i'm sure i'll be there. if i can go when mcdummy is our coach i can certainly go now.

• Upvote 3

TT was waived in the middle of the season I think last year...

I havnt walked into the snake pit, do that have dunkable rims?

Tristian left the Toros. I talked to him about it on twitter and he said he wanted to take a year or so off. This was last fall.

• Upvote 1

Sounds like an amazing event. Needs to happen and needs to be student driven. I would love to see it but the best results of this would be if the students came our en masse to see their team throw down... Get some more pride flowing through ths place, get some people pumped about basketball season and maybe we can pack the pit a few times this season. Nothing speaks to recruits like a great atmosphere at a game and the best way for that is crazy a** students making noise!