Darius Terrell Transfers From Texas To North Texas

LakeTravis

Looks legit!!

Daily Texan Sports

@texansports

Serving the University of Texas at Austin and beyond since 1900. Editor: @sameerbhuchar E-mail: dailytexansports@gmail.com

Austin · http://bit.ly/dt_sport

Trey Scott@Trey_Scott

Former Texas TE Darius Terrell transferring to North Texas, will be eligible to play (as a redshirt sophomore) in 2013. Will play WR at UNT

Look like a good pickup and I hope he turns out to be great, and I feel the same about Trice and Feldt. Just a cool the jets moment, Tyler Stradford got the same kind of initial reaction. I have been following the program much much longer than most, and I can't remember too many transfers from upper tier schools that ever excelled; many contributed. Anthony Bridges who was a second team All American didn't even star at NT, although it was reported that he had injury problems.

Hopefully that trend will change. If anyone remembers a big time contributor from a major program, let me know. Cornist was a good defensive tackle, Finch was a really big name but was an average player at NT, J. T. Hollins was very good but that goes back to Fry. Unfortunately, a lot end up like Stradford and Cole.

• Upvote 4

Look like a good pickup and I hope he turns out to be great, and I feel the same about Trice and Feldt. Just a cool the jets moment, Tyler Stradford got the same kind of initial reaction. I have been following the program much much longer than most, and I can't remember too many transfers from upper tier schools that ever excelled; many contributed. Anthony Bridges who was a second team All American didn't even star at NT, although it was reported that he had injury problems.

Hopefully that trend will change. If anyone remembers a big time contributor from a major program, let me know. Cornist was a good defensive tackle, Finch was a really big name but was an average player at NT, J. T. Hollins was very good but that goes back to Fry. Unfortunately, a lot end up like Stradford and Cole.

I've found that the permanent press setting works best for wet blankets.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 2

Reviewed a listing of our guys over the years and we just haven't had any to speak of other than Juco transfers. The program was down for so long that guys preferred to go to a D1AA school to play immediately. (Sam Houston St, SWTSU, SFA etc)

• Upvote 1

The guy looks like he will be good for us. Lots of talent. Great addition for coach Mac. Is the move to C-USA already paying off, or was this guy on board even of we were staying in the Sun Belt?

• Upvote 1

Although, not what may be called "big time", recently Julian Herron worked out well for us in my opinion. If we can get past thinking "big time contributor" and start thinking "quality depth at WR", we'll see real possibilities here, with starting and starring being frosting on the cake.

Also, what kinds of numbers are we talking about with respect to such transfers? If it's 10 and none made a "major contribution", I could see a troubling trend. If it's 5, I'll think too few numbers to spot a trend, and that maybe the more qualified coaching staff we've had for the last year will give us results similar (or better) to what transfers have accomplished for the men's basketball program.

Edited by eulessismore
  • Upvote 1

Although, not what may be called "big time", recently Julian Herron worked out well for us in my opinion. If we can get past thinking "big time contributor" and start thinking "quality depth at WR", we'll see real possibilities here, with starting and starring being frosting on the cake.

Also, what kinds of numbers are we talking about with respect to such transfers? If it's 10 and none made a "major contribution", I could see a troubling trend. If it's 5, I'll think too few numbers to spot a trend, and that maybe the more qualified coaching staff we've had for the last year will give us results similar (or better) to what transfers have accomplished for the men's basketball program.

My comment was an observation not a prediction. I wouldn't count Herron because SMU was and is not an upper tier school.

I don't believe in trends much, just because Stradford and Cole which are the only recent ones that come to mind, didn't meet expectations doesn't mean others will not be big additions. I do have an issue with flaunting them as 4 star recruits because that was their rating out of high school. There is a ton of difference in signing a four star out of high school versus a rebound player from another program. You are not beating out OU or UT for a recruit, you are just getting one that for whatever reason didn't fit in those type programs.

As I already said I like the signing, I'm just not as confident that many seem to be every time NT lands a transfer like this, they are going to be instant stars or even big contributors.