Player to Follow Benford?

bdan2002

Forrest can catch a pass. He can even do it in traffic.

nough said.

I guess we can assume?

Do either set the high screen better than the chair, though?

I think Knoxxy could use the 1 extra pound his frame carried to set a better screen than Forrest.

Do either set the high screen better than the chair, though?

Sad that coach Fran couldn't recruit someone, anyone, other than a freaking CHAIR and a kid with a broken wrist to demonstrate coaching strategy.

If that's what we were facing, then give me Benford every day.

If it were Fran, judging from his recruiting in his video, our 2015 starting lineup would have been:

PG: 12-yr-old girl with a concussion

SG: Souvenier cup from concession stand

SF: ball rack

PF: The little dribblers' captain

C: A ladder

• Upvote 5

Sad that coach Fran couldn't recruit someone, anyone, other than a freaking CHAIR and a kid with a broken wrist to demonstrate coaching strategy.

If it were Fran, judging from his recruiting in his video, our 2015 starting lineup would have been:

I still think we could take SMU with that line-up

• Upvote 6

Forrest can catch a pass. He can even do it in traffic.

I agree with this. Played with and have seen Forrest play at the rec. The guy can shoot too if he ever gets the PT.

Well played sir, well played.

I think Robinson will develop into something special. You all forget he was making the jump from Eastland. He needs a little time, but he will be fine.

Very well done..."a ladder" made me lol, though I think I'd have gone with some sort of marine creature at the 3...maybe a tarpon? Fran looks like a fisherman.

I still think we could take SMU with that line-up

Agreed...though I think we'd struggle with Texas Tech...midway through the first you'd look up and it's five on four and Billy Clyde is using our shooting guard to hide his cuba libre.

Geez, this kid was released for a reason; and not because Benford wants to bring him to NT. He is at best a project, who was 6'10 and didn't start on his high school team. Yes, they had a great hs center playing in front of him, but last I heard there were more than 1 position on a team.

Based on what I have read and seen of NT, he is not better than Robinson, Patton or Niko. Seems to me this kid is made for the jucos, he needs to play to develop. Something setting on the bench at NT is not going to help.

Geez, this kid was released for a reason; and not because Benford wants to bring him to NT. He is at best a project, who was 6'10 and didn't start on his high school team. Yes, they had a great hs center playing in front of him, but last I heard there were more than 1 position on a team.

Based on what I have read and seen of NT, he is not better than Robinson, Patton or Niko. Seems to me this kid is made for the jucos, he needs to play to develop. Something setting on the bench at NT is not going to help.

I'd classify Cameron Ridley as better then "a great hs center"

Yes this kid is a project but there aren't too many 6'10 270 centers who aren't projects, especially for a school like UNT

I'd classify Cameron Ridley as better then "a great hs center"

Yes this kid is a project but there aren't too many 6'10 270 centers who aren't projects, especially for a school like UNT

Well, do you remember any of these names: Unjel Masters, Justin Barnett, Justin Howerton, and Ben Knox? All 6'10 projects that had much better high school careers than this player, and none of them was ever more than a situation player for NT.

Not saying that he is not worth a look, he obviously had Marquette's interest until his senior year. Unless someone doesn't return; NT does not have a ship open and I think people are being foolish to suggest getting rid of a player with a lot more promise IMO like Robinson or a player like Niko and Patton that are already shown they can play at this level.

Just for curiosity, what accolade is better than great for Ridley. Super Great?

• Upvote 1

Are you on crack a 3 year starter and leading scorer at d1 program being expendable? Do I want Durley yes but do I give up the impact Patton should have no.

As for as if I am on crack, well that is between me and my drug dealer. I am not questioning Patton's contribution on the court nor what he brings to the table. He is playing at his 3rd school, and he has had academic issues. He only has next season, so I was just thinking he might be evaluated from a risk vs rewards standpoint if Benford wanted to make room for another player or 2, that's it. IF Patton is taking care of business, then there will not be a problem. Just a damned thought, that is all! :growl:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I think Marquette thought he would "blossom" his senior year, thus the reason they took a chance. Buzz William's comments about releasing him were on the verge of joy that he wasn't coming to Marquette.

I really hope Benford can find room for Durley. While he is definitely a project, he put up some decent AAU numbers on the same team as Ridley. Though Durley may still need a year of prep school, which would let him keep his eligibility and refine his game. Not sure he'll go that route, the MU coaching staff suggested it and that was when he asked out of his LOI.

Great kid and great potential, but not ready to be a D1 contributor just yet.