NT garage sale

Marty

Here's my jersey that I got. Feel pretty lucky that I got #1. :)

k4jtpc.jpg

I went around today to see how much it would cost to get it framed and Michael's was having a sale today on framing, but it was still going to be about $500. I decided that I'm going to attempt to make it myself. I will keep everybody updated on how it goes. If I turn out to be decent then I may try to do a couple others in my spare time.

Even though I liked the UA jerseys better, I couldn't bring myself to hang a reminder of that era in my house. I did snag a sweet 2002 Branch Jersey.

• Upvote 2

Even though I liked the UA jerseys better, I couldn't bring myself to hang a reminder of that era in my house. I did snag a sweet 2002 Branch Jersey.

That's pretty funny. I had that same feeling, but I wanted to try and get a piece of every era, whether it was good or bad.

Side note: I took my dad to the spring game and we both got separated in the garage sale and I didn't find him until after we both paid out. Turns out he ended up getting the green Riley Dodge jersey. I couldn't decide whether it was a good thing or a curse.

• Upvote 2

That's pretty funny. I had that same feeling, but I wanted to try and get a piece of every era, whether it was good or bad.

Side note: I took my dad to the spring game and we both got separated in the garage sale and I didn't find him until after we both paid out. Turns out he ended up getting the green Riley Dodge jersey. I couldn't decide whether it was a good thing or a curse.

I wanted that one more than anything...

• Upvote 1

I stumbled across it, but I couldn't bring myself to buy it... A little weird to me...

• Upvote 1

I grab it, but dislocated my shoulder on the way to check out and sent it back.

I wanted it badly and handled it pretty dang well while I had it for a bit, but no one thought I was tough enough to keep it. Strangely enough after I gave it up two tougher guys than me grabbed it and proceeded to fracture a hip and break a leg almost immediately.... Weird.

• Upvote 3

I wanted it badly and handled it pretty dang well while I had it for a bit, but no one thought I was tough enough to keep it. Strangely enough after I gave it up two tougher guys than me grabbed it and proceeded to fracture a hip and break a leg almost immediately.... Weird.

i was one of those guys... but i don't want to remember the garage sale... somebody stole my dog while I was at the sale

• Upvote 3

I scored a neat UNT Letter jacket for $20. Good deal...except their idea of LARGE is really closer to XXL! ha! If you were a "big guy" this was made for you. Really fun looking through all the stuff they had...amazing. Plenty of leftover items as well...so...hopefully, there will be a second edition of the Garage Sale soon.

BTW...just an aside...I thought it was interesting how many GMG.Com folks were waiting in the line and walking by, but never even came over to check out the GMG.Com Silent Auction items we had on the table. Saw lots and lots of GMG.Com folks .....

Thanks to those who took the time to stop by and check the items out, just to say hello and/or to make a bid...whether you "won" or not, your support was very much appreciated. You know who you are......and aren't!

Fun stuff....

Did I win anything besides the hangover from over tailgating? :)

I had the white RD jersey & laid it down to look at another item and somebody swiped it.

Did I win anything besides the hangover from over tailgating? :)

Nope...hard to win a round of golf for 4 at a great Country Club with a $15 bid! Ha! Grant, thanks for participating and placing the bid...you helped raise funds with you bid whether you won or not. Just stopping by and being part of the event is to your credit, Sir!

• Upvote 1