NT garage sale

Marty

I bought Chancellor's home jersey.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GU9iom7f3qc&feature=player_detailpage

I also got a pair of those UA cleats with the eagle on the bottom. I was able to find one pair in my size of 10 1/2, not that I have any need to wear them. When I got home a saw the had a #5 on the back of them. Anyone know Dunbar's shoe size?

Edited by Side Show Joe

I got the white Buckles jersey. And a Craig Jones, a Don McGee, an Adrian Awasom, some cleats, a letter jacket, a track suit top....and a green mini helmet that I got autographed by Lance Dunbar.

Think I saw you wearing it in the check out line before I even got into the sale area. Couldn't believe the green Buckles lasted as long as it did... Someone had turned it inside out. I'll trade you a mystery #9 green Hull jersey for your white version.

Filled with regret that I didn't return home with more. #14 white Mills and #4 green Monroe jersey is what I grabbed (rather what MeanGreenDan proxy grabbed for me). Part of me wishes I got an under armor jersey, the other part of me wants to forget those years.

Anyone else disappointed to get home and try on the jersey you bought only to find out that the shoulders poof out worse than a 1980's prom dress? Still a great deal, just won't be wearing mine unfortunately. Also, no slack in the arm pit. I don't know if that's unique to lineman jerseys or not.

I scored a neat UNT Letter jacket for $20. Good deal...except their idea of LARGE is really closer to XXL! ha! If you were a "big guy" this was made for you. Really fun looking through all the stuff they had...amazing. Plenty of leftover items as well...so...hopefully, there will be a second edition of the Garage Sale soon.

BTW...just an aside...I thought it was interesting how many GMG.Com folks were waiting in the line and walking by, but never even came over to check out the GMG.Com Silent Auction items we had on the table. Saw lots and lots of GMG.Com folks .....

Thanks to those who took the time to stop by and check the items out, just to say hello and/or to make a bid...whether you "won" or not, your support was very much appreciated. You know who you are......and aren't!

Fun stuff....

Edited by KRAM1
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Too bad the AD didn't offer "garage sale" items on the Mean Green Sports website for potential out of town buyers. Another missed opportunity.

This was an idea to get people to the spring game. Selling stuff online does not get people to the spring game.

• Upvote 1

Here's my jersey that I got. Feel pretty lucky that I got #1. :)

k4jtpc.jpg

I went around today to see how much it would cost to get it framed and Michael's was having a sale today on framing, but it was still going to be about $500. I decided that I'm going to attempt to make it myself. I will keep everybody updated on how it goes. If I turn out to be decent then I may try to do a couple others in my spare time.

Edited by cdizzle86

k4jtpc.jpg

I went around today to see how much it would cost to get it framed and Michael's was having a sale today on framing, but it was still going to be about $500. I decided that I'm going to attempt to make it myself. I will keep everybody updated on how it goes. If I turn out to be decent then I may try to do a couple others in my spare time.

I was looking into the same thing. Check out http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0042U6Y3Q/ref=redir_mdp_mobile

k4jtpc.jpg

You can get a jersy frame for about $50 to $70 on a sale day at Micheal's or Hobby Lobby. Nice find.

Ok, so here's my first test run. I'm going to work on getting some of the wrinkles out and I'm also going to add some North Texas logos on the sides at the bottom.

k1rx2h.jpg

Very clean, I'd leave it as is. Really regret not getting a UA jersey yesterday.

From looking at participation reports I have found that #9 Ronnie Hull participated quite a bit in 2004. A look at roster shows a #92 Ronald Hull.... But he was a big ass Tight End who's jersey wouldn't fit me as a tight t-shirt. Any ideas? Walk-on?

• Upvote 1