SBC Staffer in Hot Springs: "North Texas Is Gone!"

No, I guarantee there is more to this than Internet rumors.

There's something about a basketball tournament (mixed with tasty adult beverages) that loosens tongues.

There are people here who KNOW that North Texas will soon be leaving the Sun Belt.

You got Vito Drunk? What if both goblets had iocane in them? Very dangerous.

• Upvote 4

All this sounds awesome, in theory! Let's tap the brakes on speculation.

We'll see what happens.

However, if we join the super conference will we start using CLC(collegiate licensing company) for our gear, and be able to buy tons of Nike gear at stores??

<br />All this sounds awesome, in theory! Let's tap the brakes on speculation. <br /><br />We'll see what happens. <br /><br />However, if we join the super conference will we start using CLC(collegiate licensing company) for our gear, and be able to buy tons of Nike gear at stores??<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Good luck tapping the brakes on speculation!

• Upvote 1

To 77 and 03. For your information when the Sun Belt was started there WAS a college

team in New Orleans where the league office is. It WAS THE NEW ORLEANS PRIVAEERS who

have since gone down to div 3. Just F Y I.

Wait and see where there is smoke there is fire. We will be in Conference USA in 2014.

Go Mean Green ............Go North Texas

Uh yes, I know this. And CUSA has DFW as their hq, with SMU departing. I was making a point that a conference having no team in its HQ city is not so unheard of. I think the Big 12 conference hq is in Dallas. Despite what the DMN thinks, there is not a big 12 team in DFW.

The point in the post I responded to was that CUSA has their hq in DFW and needs a team in the area because of that. I was just pointing out that there isn't very good correlation.

just remember TCU is now in the Big 12....but I knew what u meant

97 and 03 Yes, and I call the Dallas Morning News all the time since I live in Waco and

complain about the P-ss Poor Coverage we get from them compared to what we used to get. I

am a subscriber since I live in Waco and that along with GO Mean Green.Com is how I get most

of my news. I feel we should get better coverage than we do, and I feel we should all call and

raise cain about the coverage we get.

Go Mean Green ..............Go North Texas

To UNT LIFER

What we were talking about was there being a league office where a university in

that conference was located. The Univ. Of New Orleans had a basketball team in

our conference.

Relax. I read your post again. I thought you had stated a football team. My bad. Now go have a beer.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1