SBC Staffer in Hot Springs: "North Texas Is Gone!"

From M & G Board

LINK: http://meanandgreen....l-forum-f3.html

Good "Breaking News Out of Hot Springs" news from the above link if this comes to fruition.

Again, that quote was made to one of our fans (who is most always reliable) by a SBC staffer and I'd say just take all that (from the staffer) for what it's worth and I personally won't believe "we're gone" until its official but to me this is just one more indicator that suggests that the Alliance wants the 5'th largest TV market back in its footprint and (obviously) the school that comes with that market.

If you think about it, it's really a no-brainer for the Alliance inasmuch that we do have "a lot of history going in" as veteran NCAA/FAU Coach Howard Schnellenberger points out in the linked video below that I will re-post) and North Texas with a 40 year NCAA D-1 history (which began in the 1950's) which is also more than all other schools mentioned for this expansion.

Of prime importance is North Texas' location in the U.S. #5 ranked TV market and with the DFW Metroplex market's largest student enrollment and alumnus constituency combo, ie, 37,000 student enrollment expected this Fall and 209,000 DFW NT Exes. If offered, we would also come in having some of the nicest athletic venues compared to many present Alliance members. UNT would hardly come into this consortium hat in hand by any measure.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=GzlvY65vvQI

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 5

You know, the guy who is alledgely the local sports reporter. Looks like he's been scooped again.

Oh yeah, him. He is very busy

patting himself on the back

and constantly reminding us

that he had told us what was going to happen

in so many situations

before those situations even occurred.

He does like to remind us of his perfection!

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 9

Man in my ncaa 12 I have been in the big 10 for 11 years. C-USA is a step down in my eyes.

You gotta realize where we are coming from and who we are. We are not a

big 10 or 12 caliber school in athletics at this time. Our future is surely

bright as we rise the ladder one rung at a time. This UNT Mean Green eagle will

surely continue to rise like a phoenix out of the ashes. Our future is bright. Oh yes,

it is most assuredly bright.

Go Mean Green.

Could just be a staffer telling a fan what he knew the fan wanted to hear.

Why would a SBC staffer try to please a UNT fan by telling him that? He should have just told the fan that Houston and SMU were going to the Belt.

I'll believe if when it's announced on ESPN (or, since it's UNT, ESPN 3)

Gotta agree with you there. A lot of folks have been saying UNT is "gone to C-USA" for a while, and we still don't have anything approaching solid.

PMG, I believe you want to change the "C-USA staffer" in the body of your post to match the "SBC staffer" in your heading.

Thanks, Mean Green 93-98! :thumbsu:

Changed....

Addendum: As posted I, too, will believe all this when it becomes official because in today's NCAA things can change (good or bad) in an instant.

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Not that this means much of anything, other than MTSU's beat writer has just recently tweeted the same rumor.

I'll believe it when there's a press conference held at the AC..........until then will continue to just be optimistic.

Adam Sparks Tweet

Where there's smoke, there's at least the potential of fire.

• Upvote 6