Nick Schrapps

Roderick Lancaster

Sir Calvin Wallace

Rex Rollins

Jarrian Roberts

Dylan McDorman

Chase Walling

Add 2 transfers equal 16

It is my understanding the two transfers will count on our 2012 limits this makes 16.

From Arkansas Cam Feldt

From University of Oklahoma DB Marcus Trice

I show Andrew McNulty Iowa City HS...as a UNT commitment counting on 2112. Scout shows this committment last 9/27/2011

This makes 17

It looks like WR Christian Hines, from Corsicanna is a UNT 2012 commitment

make 18 just not shown on the recruiting web sites at this time.

THIS LEAVES 7 SHIPS TO REACH 25.

BRANDON SCOTT FROM LAMPASAS WAS A COMMIT, THEN IT WAS PULLED CURRENT STATUS QUESTION"

ANY ADDITIONS ? PLEASE ADD TO THIS LISTING AS YOU BECOME AWARE OF NEW COMMITMENTS

This post has been promoted to an article

I start out with the 14 known commitments everyone knows about:

1-thru 14

Boone Feldt

Devante Davis

Malik Dilonga

Brad Horton

Xavier Kelly

Royce LaFrance

Andrew Tucker

Nick Schrapps

Roderick Lancaster

Sir Calvin Wallace

Rex Rollins

Jarrian Roberts

Dylan McDorman

Chase Walling

Add 2 transfers equal 16

It is my understanding the two transfers will count on our 2012 limits this makes 16.

From Arkansas Cam Feldt

From University of Oklahoma DB Marcus Trice

I show Andrew McNulty Iowa City HS...as a UNT commitment counting on 2112. Scout shows this committment last 9/27/2011

This makes 17

It looks like WR Christian Hines, from Corsicanna is a UNT 2012 commitment

make 18 just not shown on the recruiting web sites at this time.

THIS LEAVES 7 SHIPS TO REACH 25.

BRANDON SCOTT FROM LAMPASAS WAS A COMMIT, THEN IT WAS PULLED CURRENT STATUS QUESTION"

ANY ADDITIONS ? PLEASE ADD TO THIS LISTING AS YOU BECOME AWARE OF NEW COMMITMENTS

wait isnt that already our secena wallace looking back up qb now?

it will look a lot better when Cameron Washington's name is on that list.

Edit* I am just plugging for Cameron Washington to come to North Texas since he has all the makings of being a 4 yr. stud for us. That should not take away from any of the kids on here and there are plenty that I am excited about. There are a few that I am scratching my head at and wondering why they were selected but then again..... I am not a coach.

What is bad about this list? We are recruiting against many name schools, have widen our recruiting area, have more early commits than ever before, and have a number of three-star recruits included in this group. I just don't understand how people are being negative about this class. Look at our recent history, record wise, and tell me what you were expecting against what we have committed so far.

• Upvote 1

What is bad about this list? We are recruiting against many name schools, have widen our recruiting area, have more early commits than ever before, and have a number of three-star recruits included in this group. I just don't understand how people are being negative about this class. Look at our recent history, record wise, and tell me what you were expecting against what we have committed so far.

I agree. But if you remember, at the beginning of this year's recruiting process, we were continually going against teams like Florida, Texas, and Notre Dame. That probably got some of us thinking we'd be landing some of that caliber of athlete, and it got others of us wondering if our recruiting efforts might be more realistically directed.

Beauty in recruiting is in the eye of beholder. There is not a coach that won't laud their class and most fans get exciting thinking the best of whoever signs. With NT, it is all in the evaluation of recruits, picking the best from those available with little competition for them. Yes, NT has a few that are relatively higher sought but most are those praised by all lower tier programs as being steals or diamonds in the rough. McCarney to most of us is an unknown when it comes to recruiting, most trust with his background he has an eye for talent and will be a very successful recruiter.

To try to assess NT in recruiting; lets look at the rival ratings. Obviously they are flawed in many ways, subjective ratings, not compete etc., but they are the best data base available. At this time NT has 13 commits on rivals which 4 are three stars. Some comparisons with non-AQ local programs are Tulsa, 20 comments with 10 3's; SMU, 21 with 12 3's and 1 4; Rice 20 with 7 3's. UTEP 8 with 4 3's; La Tech only 4 but all 4 are 3's. Surprisingly, TSSM has 12 with 4 3's. TCU has 20 commits including 5 4's and 8 3's. Based on this data, NT is well back in the pack.

Looking at the Belt, NT looks much better in comparison but a lot of Belt teams have few reported. Leading substantially on a Rival basis is FIU with 18 commits with 10 3's. Next come ASU very similar to NT with 15 commits including 4 3's. Troy only shows 7 commits but 4 3's. WKU, ULM, FAU, ULL and MTSU are all showing 7 or fewer commits with 2 or less 3's. USA has 11 commits with 2 3's.

In summary, based on rivals; NT is behind all other current fbTexas division teams but in the top 3 in the Belt. However, several Belt teams have a lot more ships to go and could easily pass NT. I don't think NT's position is unexpected, I think and hope McCarney is finding a lot of players who can help. Recruiting primarily in Texas with a bad recent record and from the Belt is far from easy and it is going to take time to move recruiting to where NT should be which is to be able to compete with Tulsa, La Tech, Rice and rise to the top of the Belt.

Edited by GrandGreen

Beauty in recruiting is in the eye of beholder. There is not a coach that won't laud their class and most fans get exciting thinking the best of whoever signs. With NT, it is all in the evaluation of recruits, picking the best from those available with little competition for them. Yes, NT has a few that are relatively higher sought but most are those praised by all lower tier programs as being steals or diamonds in the rough. McCarney to most of us is an unknown when it comes to recruiting, most trust with his background he has an eye for talent and will be a very successful recruiter.

To try to assess NT in recruiting; lets look at the rival ratings. Obviously they are flawed in many ways, subjective ratings, not compete etc., but they are the best data base available. At this time NT has 13 commits on rivals which 4 are three stars. Some comparisons with non-AQ local programs are Tulsa, 20 comments with 10 3's; SMU, 21 with 12 3's and 1 4; Rice 20 with 7 3's. UTEP 8 with 4 3's; La Tech only 4 but all 4 are 3's. Surprisingly, TSSM has 12 with 4 3's. TCU has 20 commits including 5 4's and 8 3's. Based on this data, NT is well back in the pack.

Looking at the Belt, NT looks much better in comparison but a lot of Belt teams have few reported. Leading substantially on a Rival basis is FIU with 18 commits with 10 3's. Next come ASU very similar to NT with 15 commits including 4 3's. Troy only shows 7 commits but 4 3's. WKU, ULM, FAU, ULL and MTSU are all showing 7 or fewer commits with 2 or less 3's. USA has 11 commits with 2 3's.

In summary, based on rivals; NT is behind all other current fb division teams but in the top 3 in the Belt. However, several Belt teams have a lot more ships to go and could easily pass NT. I don't think NT's position is unexpected, I think and hope McCarney is finding a lot of players who can help. Recruiting primarily in Texas with a bad recent record and from the Belt is far from easy and it is going to take time to move recruiting to where NT should be which is to be able to compete with Tulsa, La Tech, Rice and rise to the top of the Belt.

A recruiting class's beauty is in the eye of the staff developing them... We can pull 5*'s all day long, but if they come out of high school as studs and produce nada on the field, then how awesome is their rating out of high school?

It appears that these ratings are based on athleticism, strength, div 1 readiness, and intelligence/coachability... in other words, a projected potential at the college level. I think the coaches we have now will get more with less than any coaching staff we've had since I've been paying attention...

I will learn not to even comment on football recruiting with anything but glowing enthusiasm. No matter how you say it or what documentation you have, don't ever even hint that NT recruiting class is not stellar. You will get the same responses, ""doesn't matter how they are rated; it is how they perform on the field that counts". Plus the usual accounts of highly recruited players who do not make it and lightly recruited ones that end up being superior players. Valid points but I really find it difficult to discuss recruiting classes five years down the road, not a whole lot of interest. There are a lot of great football players that end up at sub-fb division football programs and many super recruits never pan out; but in recruiting you are dealing with probabilities not absolutes. The higher the rated the prospect the more likely he will contribute, hardly something that can be disputed.

I too hope that NT is on the road to TCU or Boise State success, programs that excelled early despite mediocre recruiting classes on paper. In fact, that is what I stated with the hope that McCarty could find those type of recruits to start rebuilding NT. However, that can't be determined for a year or two.

The cold hard truth is that most NT fans are always high on the current recruits. Problem is looking backward it is easy to tell that most of those recruiting classes did not result in a lot of wins. A lot of good football players were found such as Cobbs, Quinn, Orr, Zuniga and many others, but never enough to sustain and grow a good program.

I have a lot of confidence in McCarney and staff but not enough to be overly enthusiastic about a lower rated recruiting class. Hopefully, a year from now: I will have a lot more faith in NT's current recruiting efforts.

"

• Upvote 3