BYU Approached By the Big East

DeepGreen

The BE is desperate to keep their AQ status. They are at the point that they will ask anyone, regardless of geographic area, just to keep their conference an AQ for football.

They've already shown this to be true. I think the BYU invite also has a lot to do with getting a travel partner for Boise State.

BYU/Big East

[/quote/

They'll keep on until they find the seven strongest candidates that they believe will stay beyond the next contract in 2014.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the Big East can be saved if they can only convince Notre Dame to join for football. There is a rumor that the Fighting Irish' contract either won't be renewed or the payout will be greatly diminished. They could get about anything within reason and have an easier path to a BCS bowl than what they have now.

I thought that BYU was a strong candidate for the Big XII but once they get in the Big East (if they do) they'll be hard to extricate.

The interesting questions is what will the Big East divisions be if they add BYU.

Would they really spit up Lville and Cincy into different divsion.

Big East

(West)

BYU, Boise State, Air Force, SMU, Houston, Louisville

(East)

Navy, UCF, USF, UConn, Rutgers, Cincy

The interesting questions is what will the Big East divisions be if they add BYU.

Would they really spit up Lville and Cincy into different divsion.

Big East

(West)

BYU, Boise State, Air Force, SMU, Houston, Louisville

(East)

Navy, UCF, USF, UConn, Rutgers, Cincy

The plan is to have another West partner for Boise and BYU. That way Louisville and Cincinnati stay together in the East (where they belong). San Diego State is now all over the rumor mill. I'm glad that the Big East's western expansion allows SMU to go AQ, but now the conference might have a team on the Pacific Coast. So much for the word East :P

Please change the name.. it has to change. Any ideas?? We have been throwing some around but nothing sticks. I just find it insulting for schools in the West to play in the "BigEast".

I think they lose their basketball units if they change the name...so don't expect it to happen anytime soon.

The name does not have to change. You people are not thinking globally. The conference is looking to the future and the REALLY big east - that's right, the Orient, the Far East. You can't ignore the massive number of people that make up this possible new market. It will only take the Chinese a few weeks to reverse engineer a football team for one of the local universities.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1