SO, IT'S HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL PLAYOFF SEASON

SilverEagle

So? The day people stop questioning is the day the world goes to the dark side. We have every single right to question every single thing the athletic department does.

I come from the generation that always questioned authority. Some of us stayed true, and some of us sold out.... :rolleyes:

Down the corridor of years ( :rolleyes:) our administration has made some real bone headed decisions. Starting with NOT going with Hayden Fry's recommendation of hiring Bill Brashier to replace him, hiring Dennis Parker (by committee) instead of hiring one of the other candidates......like this guy..... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Johnson_(American_football_coach)

, hiring Craig Helwig...who subsequently fired Matt Simon for complaining about valid concerns regarding scheduling body bag games, and then hired D. Dickey without interviewing any other interested candidates.

Our current administration has made a few boned headed decisions of their own, so please don't try and tell me that their decisions don't need to be questioned.

BTW, questioning authority is pretty much how America got started. So it's not a "hippy" thing.....it's an American thing.

Edited by SilverEagle
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Apogee is a great recruiting tool for the Mean green. Coach Mac and RV have each said this more than once. So, if that is the case, why would they not be planning HS playoff games at Apogee? Come on folks...this year, next year...who knows, but I would fully expect to see playoff games at Apogee.

So instead of taking advantage of a sparkling new stadium lets let it collect dust first and then let the masses come in to see it. Yup makes perfect UNT sense

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

So instead of taking advantage of a sparkling new stadium lets let it collect dust first and then let the masses come in to see it. Yup makes perfect UNT sense

And, you know this is true at this time, how?

• Upvote 2

One person states that a coach friend looked into pricing and was told that Apogee is $23,000 per game and we all take it as gospel. I would really be curious to know if this is in fact true.

Yeah, I heard the same. CH Collins $7K, Jerry World $20K, Apogee $23K. JW is a $1.2B facility and Apogee is $80m. What a shame to miss out on recruiting opps.

• Upvote 2

Yeah, I heard the same. CH Collins $7K, Jerry World $20K, Apogee $23K. JW is a $1.2B facility and Apogee is $80m. What a shame to miss out on recruiting opps.

C.H. Collins is not $7,000.

Straight from the DISD stadium information packet (My link)

The rental fee is $3,000.00 for 4A or 5A schools.

Rental fee for 1A, 2A, 3A schools if $2,500.00.

There is an optional charge of $850.00 for use of video replay.

I come from the generation that always questioned authority. Some of us stayed true, and some of us sold out.... :rolleyes:

Define "us". I agree...some sold out. :rolleyes: There is a right way and a wrong way to question authority. To each his/her own. Stay true...PEACE Brother! :flowers: Just got to love those folks who never grew past the 60's.

$3,000 is the stadium fee. The total cost of all expenses is $7,000. Scoreboard, emergency services, gate keeper, insurance etc. is what adds up to $7,000. The fee at Apogee is comparable but the expenses are apparently 3 or 4 times more.

C.H. Collins is not $7,000.

Straight from the DISD stadium information packet (My link)

The rental fee is $3,000.00 for 4A or 5A schools.

Rental fee for 1A, 2A, 3A schools if $2,500.00.

There is an optional charge of $850.00 for use of video replay.

• Upvote 1

Still waiting SID - come forth with factual information and clear this matter up!

Please, yes! Or can Vito ask around and see how UNT came up with that absurd figure. I have no idea how this stuff works, but if Cowboys Stadium is $20K and considering the fact that we could use the stadium to change the perception of UNT to the top high school programs in the area we should only charge around $12K.

I'd definately check out some playoff action at The Ap.

Since we are North Texas greatest & most astute constructive criticizers,:rolleyes: I will wager that this the rate will be adjusted and that next Fall when all our fans from Texas high schools on up have better and closer access to Apogee Stadium after that $3,000,000,000 Pedestrian Bridge crossing I-35E is finished; then we will start seeing some Texas HS play-offs at Apogee Stadium.

I would love it if the Denton C of C got involved with brochures promoting this as some of you have said happens at other collegiate outpost cities, but I will not hold my breath waiting for that to happen. Former AD Andy Everest (who was an assistant on Fry's staff) once told me "you can't believe all the comp tickets we give all these movers and shakers of Denton."

Some promotional things with North Texas Athletics are worth trade-offs, but you can also "trade-off" your program into oblivion if you get caught up in that game, too. (What the hell are we talking about here again):huh: ? Oh, I remember.................

IN CLOSING...In light of our leaders trying to get Apogee Stadium "football season ready" as well as hiring, training and getting its full Game Day staff/attendants into some kind of working order for the 2011 football campaign, I think this year we give our leaders a pass on this Texas HS play-off thing, but next year will be a different story as in....

...we need an adjusted rate so we can get as many Texas HS football teams, their parents, grandparents, relatives, their respective fans, students plus all their marching bands at Apogee Stadium as we can get and I think North Texas powers that be will get this fixed in time for next Fall. Honestly, which regional university stands to recruit the most general students from all these Texas HS's who bring their play-off teams to Denton? Some of which will be the girl friends of some of these Rivals multi-star'ed players?

PS: Wonder if they could telemarket from campus calling all Texas HS's in this region about what Apogee has to offer or merely get brochure packets out to Texas HS AD's and HFC's, too? And in these packets an aerial photo of the Mean Green Village with the new Pedestrian Bridge super-imposed in such a photo with its completion date of , Aug. 2012, on the photo, too?

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

I don't understnd why some of you are blowing a gasket over HS games being played at Apogee. I checked all the of 1st round HS playoff games set for this Thursday-Saturday and there are only two College Stadiums used for games. Baylor has two games and Houston's Stadium has one game.

If the stars and planets align up correctly after Thanksgiving there could be several games played at Apogee. Of course, that is if the two schools want to pay the high fee.

The fact is Apogee is the new kid on the block and it will take a while for the UNT staff to build relationships with HS Coaches/AD who make decisions on where they play.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1