Felt like we turned a corner tonight

Harry

Really felt good about this win tonight. It wasn't our biggest crowd ever but they were energetic and loud.. The team, despite a horrific start just refused to lose. Defense was tenacious. Loved seeing Dunbar see daylight again. Chris Bynes reappeared. Saw Mac very active on the sidelines pumping up the troops. I think we got a sense of things to come tonight and it's going to be fun! GMG!

Really felt good about this win tonight. It wasn't our biggest crowd ever but they were energetic and loud.. The team, despite a horrific start just refused to lose. Defense was tenacious. Loved seeing Dunbar see daylight again. Chris Bynes reappeared. Saw Mac very active on the sidelines pumping up the troops. I think we got a sense of things to come tonight and it's going to be fun! GMG!

There's a core base of 15K die-hard UNT fans who are loud and rowdy. No one wants to play here, we're so...vicious, I guess. It's why no one likes playing in the Pit. Keep winning this year...that goes to 20K. And so on, so forth. Excited about our future.

• Upvote 3

I hope the coaches and teams can play like this on the road, that has been the issue. ASU and Troy are honestly not much better than the other Sun Belt Team. For crying out loud WKU just beat ULL tonight.

Whether they win on the road or not is not the biggest issue right now. That will come with time. What is important is that this team has already tied most wins in a season ever during the Dodge era (error?) and have won three home games for the first time since the Dickey era. You've got to start somewhere and they are doing that. Road wins will come as the team gains confidence in its ability to win.

• Upvote 2

I think the team may be turning the corner. It seemed as if our defense started smelling blood shortly before the fumble and TD return. Once that fumble occured, it was like a mad dog jumping on a scared little rabbit. And you have to give props to the offense who made adjustments and passed the ball instead of running into a very good running defense the whole game.

It was a fun game, especially the 4th quarter. The weather was perfect. The crowd in the stadium was making some noise.

The boneheads that stayed up on the hill or out in the circus tents missed a good game. There were at least 5000 out there.

We are building a nice home-stadium advantage. This team on the road however is Jekyl and Hyde, you never know which players or team will show up. There were many recruits in the stands watching this game. Mac seems to have it rolling in the right direction...he just needs more players to work with.

DT said in the postgame that Canales took the chains off him this week and they went into the game with a plan to throw the ball. Frustrating it took 6 weeks to try throwing the ball, but better late than never. I'm a harsh critic of DT, but he played great last night. I hope we stick with the pass first offense because we don't have the oline to be a run first team.

I'll buy into the "turned a corner" idea when we win on the road or win two in-a-row.

DT said in the postgame that Canales took the chains off him this week and they went into the game with a plan to throw the ball. Frustrating it took 6 weeks to try throwing the ball, but better late than never. I'm a harsh critic of DT, but he played great last night. I hope we stick with the pass first offense because we don't have the oline to be a run first team.

I'll buy into the "turned a corner" idea when we win on the road or win two in-a-row.

I think sometimes we forget that DT has only started 8 games in his career. One ended after a quarter. His non starting playing time consisted of 2 drives his freshman year and some mop up time at Clemson I believe. That's it. The fact that the "chains" we're removed this early really shows what kind of QB Thompson could turn into in the future. He's still young and raw. It I think we just saw the kind of player DT can consistently be for his career and who knows maybe even a lot better

Edited by GreenN'walinsVet

If they call the game and play DT like they did yesterday, we've turned the corner.

I'll buy into the "turned a corner" idea when we win on the road

A great won by the team yesterday. I think everyone was thinking "here we go again" after the opening kick, but the kids hung tough and put up around 500 yards of total offense against a good sun belt defense. Never happier to be wrong about the outcome of a game.

BUT, this is not a program turning win. That has a chance to happen on the road against ASU. We need one road win and 2 home victories to become bowl eligible. THAT would be a program turner.

This coaching staff is starting to make my scepticism slowly fade.