ULM Official Attendance

UNTflyer

You guys crack me up. First, you blame the Greeks for not coming in since they don't have flasks and would rather drink, ten later in the week you all start a thread about how you wish they sold beer in the stadium.

Then we've got Green Meaner stating all frats are "douchersm". Nice. Do you know any personally, because many of the season ticket/ Mean Green Club members I know were in fraternities while in school. Don't be so fast with the labels.

Your argument is weak. I suggested they sneak in flasks because it appears that they require an alcoholic beverage in their hand at all times. So hopefully they'd fill their flask with something strong enough to fulfill their alcoholic needs for four quarters of their school's football game. What does talking about allowing beer in the stadium have anything to do with this thread? Sure, I'd support it but I'm still going to be at the game regardless if they sell beer or not. Fratdaddys will not.

Typically, there are a select few in every group that could cause the majority to be called "douchers.". Tell you what, I'm an alumni, am an alumni of Sigma Chi, and would love for you to stop by my tailgate at the next game.

What are my dues to be your friend and come to your tailgate? Sorry "brah", I'll be inside watching the game. Sigma Chi is another one with a nice tailgating only following.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

17,000 PLUS got to see a great Mean green win...thanks to all who were there and were loud and proud. I made it home in plenty of time to watch the Rangers lose 16-7. I sure am glad I can be counted with the 17,000+ who had a great time on a beautiful fall day at Apogee.

It was fantastic to see the Mean green close one out. The team stepped up when they needed to and shut ULM down when it mattered the most.

If you are a tailgater who stayed outside or one of those who chose the World Series on TV over the Mean green, you missed a dandy. I hope you'll make it to Apogee for the next home game. Much much better scenery than what you would see on TV.

Thanks to all who showed up loud and proud yesterday. Amazing how loud Agogee can be even half full. Can't wait until the thing is filling up on a regular basis...that would, indeed, give the Mean green a big home field advantage.

Met a guy who was here from Nebraska for his first Apogee game. Loved the new stadium and was really excited about getting to see his first Mean Green HOME VICTORY.

Come join the fun...great day, great people....The Mean green Nation lives!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

What are my dues to be your friend and come to your tailgate? Sorry "brah", I'll be inside watching the game. Sigma Chi is another one with a nice tailgating only following.

Nice. Someone comes on here and invites you to their tailgate to show you that many Greek alums are normal folks who support this program & you respond by being a pompous ass. Well done.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

You guys crack me up. First, you blame the Greeks for not coming in since they don't have flasks and would rather drink, ten later in the week you all start a thread about how you wish they sold beer in the stadium.

Then we've got Green Meaner stating all frats are "douchersm". Nice. Do you know any personally, because many of the season ticket/ Mean Green Club members I know were in fraternities while in school. Don't be so fast with the labels.

There was this frat blasting music you could hear inside Apogee who were doing beer bongs.

Student section showed up. Not much on the alumni/paid side and the end zone. Student section is the Home Field Advantage this year, plain and simple.

I am tired as hell of hearing many of you slam the Aumni side. True it could be better, but it has been pointed out many times what we are trying to change over there. All of you who are bitching had better be buying tickets on the home side when you graduate.

Until then, since there are so many on the student side, why don't you walk over to the almumni side and sit with us. We could use the added manpower since our numbers are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo horiffic.

Look, I'm glad that those who are on the student side care about attendance. I remember the days when there were mabye 10 people in my section alone on the student side. But you have to realize that we are trying to reverse at least a decade of apathy. Many that are sitting over there are coming to their first games in who knows how many years. Instead of bitching on the board, help figure out ways to get more butts in the seats over there. I brought one extra person to the game. Many have come and bought season tickets after their first game. It is going to take time to build the alumni side up. Help us, don't just bitch about it.

Edited by Rudy
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I am tired as hell of hearing many of you slam the Aumni side. True it could be better, but it has been pointed out many times what we are trying to change over there. All of you who are bitching had better be buying tickets on the home side when you graduate.

Until then, since there are so many on the student side, why don't you walk over to the almumni side and sit with us. We could use the added manpower since our numbers are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo horiffic.

Hell no I won't be buying tickets on the alumni side. Not that your numbers are horrific, but the fans could obviously give a damn on the alumni side.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Hell no I won't be buying tickets on the alumni side. Not that your numbers are horrific, but the fans could obviously give a damn on the alumni side.

The ones that do show up do cheer. Maybe they don't stand up, but it will take time to change that. I'm not saying buy tickets for the alumni side. I'm saying take your happy ass over there and cheer and help get them excited. I know the players sure loved the whose house chant that came from the alumni side at the end of the game.

I don't think that's a fair blanket judgement. Yes I do sit in an area where most people sit on their rears, etc. But I am always losing my voice by the end of the game, standing on 3rd downs, screaming yelling, high giving my group of 8 season ticket holders. We live it up over there too. We just need more people like me and like who you claim to be.

I will say this however. I hear what Rudy is saying and I completely agree. Come talk again on this board when you have been coming consistently for about 5 years after graduation to NT games. That is the kind of supporter we need. Not someone who complains about the alumni side during his student years and then disappears from the program after graduation.

I often wonder what percentage of crazed student fans show up after graduation to buy season tickets or just show up to games after they graduate. If we had even 50% of that number hang around we would have absolutely no problem selling out Apogee every time. Think about that. How do we make that happen? How do we grow lifetime fans?

• Upvote 1

The ones that do show up do cheer. Maybe they don't stand up, but it will take time to change that. I'm not saying buy tickets for the alumni side. I'm saying take your happy ass over there and cheer and help get them excited. I know the players sure loved the whose house chant that came from the alumni side at the end of the game.

That's actually a pretty good idea. At least for a few plays.

I want to see the whole stadium filled with rabid NT fans. My point is that it really does no good to complain about the alumni attendance on this board. We're the ones that are showing up, LOL. It's several on the board that do that. It kills me that I don't get to stand the whole game like I did at Fouts. If we can get small groups of students to go sit in pockets on the alumni side and help get them to start cheering. It will take time, but I have noticed more and more of them standing and cheering at certain points of the game.

I want to see the whole stadium filled with rabid NT fans. My point is that it really does no good to complain about the alumni attendance on this board. We're the ones that are showing up, LOL. It's several on the board that do that. It kills me that I don't get to stand the whole game like I did at Fouts. If we can get small groups of students to go sit in pockets on the alumni side and help get them to start cheering. It will take time, but I have noticed more and more of them standing and cheering at certain points of the game.

Don't get me wrong, I got nothing against y'all! Y'all paved the way for the students and this stadium. I'm just so disappointed with the "meh" vibe I get from a good majority of the alumni side.

Edited by rjmunthe
  • Downvote 1

Don't get me wrong, I got nothing against y'all! Y'all paved the way for the students and this stadium. I'm just so disappointed with the "meh" vibe I get from a good majority of the alumni side.

Gagree, but we have to remember, many of them are attending games for the first time in a long time, if not ever. They don't know it builds atmosphere.

Gagree, but we have to remember, many of them are attending games for the first time in a long time, if not ever. They don't know it builds atmosphere.

It's kind of like if you see some new members in your church for the 1st time. They aren't singing like everyone else as loud as they could. They don't raise their hands when everyone else sings praise the lord. But some idiot comes over to them and screams at them for being "sinners" and "where have you been". You think that's going to go over well?

What about the heathens not in the church? Aren't they the ones going to hell?

• Upvote 1

Not sure if you've been over to the Alumni side, but during every opposition 3rd & 4th down, my section is almost deafening. When Herron jumped on AK's fumble and took it to the house, it was very rowdy.

I think this thread is full of way too many uneducated generalizations. :notfair:

• Upvote 3

Not sure if you've been over to the Alumni side, but during every opposition 3rd & 4th down, my section is almost deafening. When Herron jumped on AK's fumble and took it to the house, it was very rowdy.

I think this thread is full of way too many uneducated generalizations. :notfair:

Agree. The alumni side can be rowdy. We just don't stand on our seats for three hours screaming. Kudos to the students for doing that, but I'm not 19 years old.

Louder than it looks. Besides, you'll get older and the advantages of the alumni side will present themselves. When I was a student, I thought that it was too quiet on the alumni side. Of course that was at Fouts and you couldn't hear anyone well, but I digress. Come to find out, after buying season tickets on the alumni side, you can't hear the cheering from the alumni side over your own cheering and you can't see them stand during important downs because you are watching the game. So, what appears to be apathy is just not consistent energy for 3-4 hours, but is instead a situation specific burst of energy with periods of energy conservation in between. You are just looking up to the other side during the conservation.

No you're not. If you were, you wouldn't have said "hell no I won't buy tickets on the alumni side", you would be saying "hell yes I will be over there, and be helping to fix the problem, not add to it".

• Upvote 2