Stop rushing the field!

rjmunthe

They won their first homecoming game in how many years, and Mac won his first homecoming game. Let the players celebrate.

So? Homecoming counts the same as any other game. Dumping Gatorade is worse than students rushing the field. And we wonder why people think we're small time...

Anyways, great game by the Mean Green. By far the best effort of the year!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 7

The fans that ran onto the field were AT THE GAME. Unlike the hundreds that continued to tailgate and not even come to the game. I personally don't see the point to rush the field for a regular season game and don't see dumping Gatorade on Coach Mac. But wins haave been few and far between around here for some years. if they come and NT wins, let 'em rush the field. No harm.

Great game tonight.

GO MEAN GREEN

• Upvote 5

I rushed the field at Indiana. That game was huge, tons of firsts, and a big win against a Big 10 school. Who cares if it's Homecoming? It's portraying the stereotype that we're small time. Rushing the field every game just proves us that we're a tiny FBS school. It's stupid for the fans to rush the field whenever we get a win over a pretty bad Sun Belt football team. This team will have LOTS of wins this season and the coming future. No need to rush it for every game. It deludes the experience of rushing the field FOR A GOOD WIN against a good team. Not ULM.

Gatorade? Well, we won a good game in commanding fashion and appear to have turned the corner. Thompson looked GREAT. And I'm a HUGE critic. So did Dunbar. Defense is just incredibly surprisingly good. Coaching is making a team of these boys. I felt like this was a turn the corner game, and that we can win out. We played four quarters of physical, dominating football and looked like the VASTLY superior team.

However, ULM fans...what a rude, bitter bunch of individuals. We heckled the crap out of their team, they were fine with it, but then their mascot decided to throw water on our fans. Wow. The fans were angry and spewing vitriol about how we're a worthless school.

Yeah, they were at the game, and attendance was surprisingly great. Doesn't change the fact they're belittling our program and making us look smaller time than we already are.

Edited by rjmunthe
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

Most students did not rush the field, a small minority did. However, if they come and want to rush the field who cares!? Make it our own tradition to rush the field for every uwin, not matter how big or how small. It's about having fun. Great win tonight! Best home game I have been too in my 4 years at UNT.

I agree. As cheesy as it is to rush after, it would be cool to have new tradition like that.

I don't think a few guys in yellow shirts can stop +1,000 hyper college students. This should be a non issue. The students who rushed the field are some of our most passionate fans and future supportive alumni. Let them do what they want!

I'm a pretty passionate fan (I'm one of the guys heckling the team all game long) but rushing the field every game is moronic and is belittling to our program.

Edited by rjmunthe
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 6

You can have fun without running on the field and making yourself and our program look like a high school. Most of the students have the sports IQ of a 5th grader so im not really surprised.

There are other ways to look like a "small" program that storming the field, such as losing. If we win, and students want to storm the field, I do not think people will consider us small. Probably from the fact that we WON.

• Upvote 1

Look it might be a little odd if the students rush the field after every win but in our state of the program it's ok for people to get excited and for the students they are our future and its things like this they may forever remember and that will possibly make them feel more connected and love our university so I say let them do it.

There are other ways to look like a "small" program that storming the field, such as losing. If we win, and students want to storm the field, I do not think people will consider us small. Probably from the fact that we WON.

Storming the field when it's not warranted is considered very small. Storming the field should be reserved for big upsets and championships. Not beating lowly ULM. Rushing the field when you're actually winning games is worse than when you're losing. Act like you've been there before, even if you haven't. It shows class and gives the idea that you have bigger goals in mind than beating a sorry Sun Belt team.

• Upvote 1

As a teenager, I rush the field just as an excuse to throw the football after the game. Against Indiana, it was to celebrate. But we a lot of other teenagers and younger kids in our neighborhood who enjoyed coming to the game to throw the football on the field, and now that they took that away from us, we try to take advantage of every chance we get.

• Upvote 1