CUSA Commish outs SMU?

Harry

I bet anyone on this board could easily find a Safeway parking lot for SMU Prez' Turner and Commish' Banowsky to have a "gentleman's" duel.

I will gladly present the dualing guns to both gentlemen and just hope I wouldn't get the blanks mixed up with the real bullets again, especailly with one of the dualist.. :rolleyes:

Banowsky has probably upped his Zanax prescription in recent days.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

I mentioned a few months ago that SMU's groveling to the Big XII-II-I-?+I was gonna make them pretty well hated in the CUSA, and will deprive them of the power to "block" us if the issue comes up. I don't think that SMU would do it anyway, but it's good to know Banowsky has had enough, too.

Don't think this means that SMU is going to the Big East yet, more that CUSA is tired of SMU sleeping with everyone who will lower their standards.

Yes, how dare they try to leave for a higher paying conference.

The Big East, the lowest paying AQ conference, makes about half the payout of the SEC, the highest paying AQ conference.

The Mountain West, the highest paying non-AQ, makes about half of what the Big East makes.

SMU is in the business of its own self interest and rightfully so. Good for them.

And...so is UNT for that matter. I cannot believe I am agreeing with you, but SMU is, indeed, trying to look out for its own best interests...just as TCU did in accepting the Big East invite (and working hard to get that invite in the first place) and then shunning the Big East the very first opportunity they had to "move up" to the Big XII. Where's all the self-interest and "the way they went about it" talk regarding TCU on this board? This stuff doesn't make SMU or TCU or UNT for that matter, good or bad. It is simply the business...big business...of college athletics these days.

I wish it were not so and that sportsmanship and ones word still meant something, but it seems to not be so any longer in the case of "realignment".

• Upvote 1

And...so is UNT for that matter. I cannot believe I am agreeing with you, but SMU is, indeed, trying to look out for its own best interests...just as TCU did in accepting the Big East invite (and working hard to get that invite in the first place) and then shunning the Big East the very first opportunity they had to "move up" to the Big XII. Where's all the self-interest and "the way they went about it" talk regarding TCU on this board? This stuff doesn't make SMU or TCU or UNT for that matter, good or bad. It is simply the business...big business...of college athletics these days.

I wish it were not so and that sportsmanship and ones word still meant something, but it seems to not be so any longer in the case of "realignment".

:thumbsu:

My main problem with the SMU of this generation is what seemed to be a blatant black-balling of North Texas when their Prez' Turner in the DMN was flaunting La Tech as a possible member for CUSA while turning his back (and non-comments) about us but....

...to look at SMU's side of this, why would they really want to compete with any of this posted below when LaTech would be so much easier for the 'Stangs to compete and recruit against?

It's A Numbers Game--Always Has Been .

Wouldn't Such Numbers As Those Listed Below Translate To Good TV Ratings In The 4'th Largest TV Market In America?

North Texas Metroplex....Approx 7.5 million population in 5 county area which includes Denton County...Home County of the University of North Texas.

*Denton County Pop: Approx. 700,000

*City of Denton Pop: Approx, 120,000

*UNT Enrollment: Approx. 37,000

*North Texas Exes in the North Texas Metroplex: Approx. 100,000

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

:thumbsu:

My main problem with the SMU of this generation is what seemed to be a blatant black-balling of North Texas when their Prez' Turner in the DMN was flaunting La Tech as a possible member for CUSA while turning his back (and non-comments) about us but....

...to look at SMU's side of this, why would they really want to compete with any of this posted below when LaTech would be so much easier for the 'Stangs to compete and recruit against?

It's A Numbers Game--Always Has Been .

Wouldn't Such Numbers As Those Listed Below Translate To Good TV Ratings In The 4'th Largest TV Market In America?

North Texas Metroplex....Approx 7.5 million population in 5 county area which includes Denton County...Home County of the University of North Texas.

*Denton County Pop: Approx. 700,000

*City of Denton Pop: Approx, 120,000

*UNT Enrollment: Approx. 37,000

*North Texas Exes in the North Texas Metroplex: Approx. 100,000

GMG!

Don't forget the two interstates that turn into one!