Do you have a class ring? Did you put the green stone in the star on yours? Is this the more traditional unt ring or is it more traditional without the stone?

Yes, I do, and yes, I put the green stone in the middle of the star. I love it. I wear it on "dress-up" occasions. Dig it... it's quintessentially NT.

Yes, I do, and yes, I put the green stone in the middle of the star. I love it. I wear it on "dress-up" occasions. Dig it... it's quintessentially NT.

It is quintessentially NT indeed. I love mine as well and I wear It every day, I ordered with the stone and they didn't put it on there, and now im thinking about getting the stone put on.

Off topic sorta but does anybody know if old alums who never had a chance to get his school ring when he graduated can still go back to one of these ring places and still make a ring for his graduation year? I have a buddy who did not have the possibility of getting one at the time due to very tight finances and he'd like to get one now if that is possible.

Off topic sorta but does anybody know if old alums who never had a chance to get his school ring when he graduated can still go back to one of these ring places and still make a ring for his graduation year? I have a buddy who did not have the possibility of getting one at the time due to very tight finances and he'd like to get one now if that is possible.

I'm pretty sure you can. You just have to make sure and find out the due date for orders. Should have info on the Jostens website.

I believe that you can get rings with your graduation year on it but it may not be the original design. For example, I graduated from North Texas State College but if I ordered a replacement ring it would have the "University of North Texas" design. At least I remember an offer to do this at one time.

I used to wear my class ring every day, but I used to wear suits and ties every day too. Now I'm a perennial t-shirt and jeans guy, it doesn't quite work. I've been thinking about getting one from UNT, but I don't know too many people who get rings for their master's, and the price of gold these days is making it a bit cost prohibitive.

I too opted for the XL, gold, antiqued, with the emerald, but had a family diamond inset in place of the emerald a year later. They didn't offer the diamond option back in '03. I wear it every day with a sense of pride, nobody gave it to me, I earned every last cent to buy it and put in far more than the required hours to achieve it. Love it and would do it the same all over again, kept the emerald when I had it replaced as well. My wife transferred in from A&M and never got one, touchy subject, it's my goal to someday suprise her one day with one, if I could only stop using all of our discretionary income for MGC donations and season tickets ;)