FIU First Scrimmage Report

Harry

By: Jackson Wolek / Staff Writer

The first scrimmage of fall camp showed some of the strengths and weaknesses of the FIU football team in their sixth practice of the year on Aug. 8. On the wet field of FIU stadium, the team ran approximately 90 plays showcasing the talents that they are bringing into this season.

The first thing that you couldn’t help but notice was the NFL scouts on the field, three in all. The Chiefs, Panthers and Jaguars were all represented, and no doubt taking a look at wider receiver T.Y. Hilton.

Hilton didn’t disappoint.

Click here for the full report

By: Jackson Wolek / Staff Writer

The first scrimmage of fall camp showed some of the strengths and weaknesses of the FIU football team in their sixth practice of the year on Aug. 8. On the wet field of FIU stadium, the team ran approximately 90 plays showcasing the talents that they are bringing into this season.

The first thing that you couldn’t help but notice was the NFL scouts on the field, three in all. The Chiefs, Panthers and Jaguars were all represented, and no doubt taking a look at wider receiver T.Y. Hilton.

Hilton didn’t disappoint.

Click here for the full report

Just going to say it, TY Hilton worries me. This kid has got to be shadowed or he'll hurt us.

Ty meet Royce. Get em Royce!

pit-bull1.jpg

Royce Hill vs. T.Y. Hilton could be the best 1 on 1 matchup in the opening week. I really like that our DC has a secondary-intensive background, so containing a player like a Hilton or Jernigan or Ambrose, or the 2 Houston guys, etc is more attainable (at least they're less likely to be embarrassingly burned deep as in recent years) and schematically were so much better off.

Edited by UNT Mean Green

Recall what we expect from our NFL hopeful, Lance Dunbar for this game. Now, apply those same expectations to FIU's NFL hopeful, T.Y. Hilton. If any of you think he's going to be shut down, you're nuts.

Royce is good, and he should keep Hilton from going ballistic on us, but Hilton will get his. He always does.

Imagine the laughter that would erupt on here if FIU's fans lauded some good linebacker who is going to shadow Dunbar and shut him down...

Now, prove me wrong and cement your place on the SBC all-conference list Royce! :gym:

• Upvote 1

Recall what we expect from our NFL hopeful, Lance Dunbar for this game. Now, apply those same expectations to FIU's NFL hopeful, T.Y. Hilton. If any of you think he's going to be shut down, you're nuts.

Royce is good, and he should keep Hilton from going ballistic on us, but Hilton will get his. He always does.

Imagine the laughter that would erupt on here if FIU's fans lauded some good linebacker who is going to shadow Dunbar and shut him down...

Now, prove me wrong and cement your place on the SBC all-conference list Royce! :gym:

I regret that I can only give you 1 +1 for this post.

Both teams will have to pick their poison. FIU will stack the box to stop LD and hope we don't kill them with the play-action. We will provide safety help for TH and hope they don't kill us with the run. The coach that makes the best adjustments will come out on top. I like our chances with DanMac.

Edited by Eagle-96
  • Upvote 2

can i interest you in a pair of these?VM-R-014.jpg

I really like that our DC has a secondary-intensive background, so containing a player like a Hilton or Jernigan or Ambrose, or the 2 Houston guys, etc is more attainable (at least they're less likely to be embarrassingly burned deep as in recent years) and schematically were so much better off.

Anything is attainable at zombo.com!

• Upvote 1