Tabc All Star Game

NT03

This past weekend in San Antonio , UNT was well represented w/ 3 players (all on the white team) in the North vs South TABC All Star game. Jordan Williams had a team high 16 , Chris Jones had 11 & Trey Norris finished with 8

Team White won 118 - 114 over Team Blue

Other notables in the game : Antwan Space ( Florida St) Kyan Anderson ( TCU) Toddrick Gotcher (Texas Tech) Jonathan Holmes ( Texas ) Thomas Gipson ( Kansas State ) Terran Pettaway ( Texas Tech )

• Upvote 4

This past weekend in San Antonio , UNT was well represented w/ 3 players (all on the white team) in the North vs South TABC All Star game. Jordan Williams had a team high 16 , Chris Jones had 11 & Trey Norris finished with 8

Other notables in the game : Antwan Space ( Florida St) Kyan Anderson ( TCU) Toddrick Gotcher (Texas Tech) Jonathan Holmes ( Texas ) Thomas Gipson ( Kansas State ) Terran Pettaway ( Texas Tech )

Great, that all four of NT's hs signees were in the Texas Coaches Assc. All Star games. Also all four were selected as all state selections by this group. They have as most honors now days a bloated 20 man squad as their all state selections but still to have all four make it is tremendous.

It should also be noted that these three players represented the 4A and 5A team. Forrest Robinson was on the 1A-2A-3A team as well. That is 4 of our 5 recruits (and everyone in-state) that represented us on the All-Star teams.

Whats the deal with Robinson, I dont know much about him but the stats?? Hes got good size decent numbers, but i think hes only 17. Is he one of the guys with great upside but played in a small school with not the type of competition that would make him a impact in his first year that would result him in redshirting?

• Upvote 1

Whats the deal with Robinson, I dont know much about him but the stats?? Hes got good size decent numbers, but i think hes only 17. Is he one of the guys with great upside but played in a small school with not the type of competition that would make him a impact in his first year that would result him in redshirting?

I actually had a conversation with the head coach at Gatesville high school, who said he had coached Robinson in AAU. Said that he is very raw, but has the skills to play in the NBA. Needs to add weight (obviously) and continue to work on his game, as he is still a raw talent. Has a sweet touch from the perimeter that makes him hellahard to defend.

The coach said it all comes down to how hard Robinson works at his game. I foresee great things for young Forrest at UNT, but not next season. I would love it if he could be redshirted, but I don't think the depth on this team will allow that to happen.

• Upvote 1

Nice video. I really like the soft hands at the 2:02 mark on a pass that Robinson was expecting. Really nice touch and soft, soft hands. Gonna need to add some bulk (although he appeared that he has already started on that from that video) and improve his explosiveness and veritcal (get him in that weight room, ASAP).

This kid has the chance to be something really special if he works his a$$ off.

Edited by UNT90

Of course it is a disadvantage for a player from a small town like Eastland, Tx (Pop. 3769) who has not played against top competition.

But that is not to say it can't be done. Two recent examples immediately come to mind.

Texas A&M's Joseph Jones of Normangee, Tx (Pop. 719) as a true Freshman started in all 31 games, ranked second on the team in scoring with 12.7 points per game and dunks (18) and led the Aggies in rebounding (7.3), field goal percentage (.577), blocked shots (39), and three-point plays (16). He posted seven double-doubles, the most by a Big 12 freshman, and scored 10 or more points 23 times, also setting the A&M freshman record by completing 103 free throws. His performance earned him honorable mention All-Big 12 honors and a place on the Big-12 All-Freshman team, with CollegeInsider.Com also naming him to their Freshman All-America team.

Oklahoma State's James Anderson of Junction City, Arkansas (Pop. 721) made an immediate impact, scoring 29 points in his first collegiate game, a 104–48 win over Prairie View.[2] Anderson would continue his strong play, averaging 13.3 points per game. He was named honorable mention All-Big 12 selection and a member of the Big 12 All-Rookie team.

I don't see him as a power or post up type of player YET...which begs the fact that we need to get a big garbage can guy in here. But wow Forrest can shoot lights out and has some jumps. It seems the problem we are facing is we have accumulated so much talent that it's hard to convince guys that come here they will get PT. That's why we need a tough guy that maybe doesn't have great stats but is just a bruiser and will defend. With the Knoxie spot opening we can add a pure shooter into the mix and those aren't as tough to land as the post...Calling all jucos!!