Men's Golf - Tournament Thread

#38 North Texas is in second after day 1, 3 shots behind Denver. The surprise of the day (for me at least) is that #40 MTSU is 19 shots off the lead. Carlos Ortiz is one shot of the tournament lead at 3-under behind some random guy from ULM.

Mean Green Sports Day 1 Write-up

SBC Team Leaderboard

SBC Player Leaderboard

Get this, Rodolfo Cazaubon was accessed a two stroke penalty for riding in a golf cart in-between holes. Apparently a no-no. We would only be down by 1 stroke had this not happened. Cudos for the coach hearing about the rules infraction and doing the right thing. (See Vito's blog).

I think we'll make it up.

Get this, Rodolfo Cazaubon was accessed a two stroke penalty for riding in a golf cart in-between holes. Apparently a no-no. We would only be down by 1 stroke had this not happened. Cudos for the coach hearing about the rules infraction and doing the right thing. (See Vito's blog).

I think we'll make it up.

Rodolfo - what were you thinking - maybe not thinking - you need to shoot your best round ever today to make up to the team for being such a dunderhead.

Wait...was Day 3 cancelled? The tournament was supposed to run through tomorrow.

I can't find anywhere that it was cancelled. UNT is 4 shots back of Denver heading into day 3, and Carlos Ortiz is one stroke up on the random guy from ULM. We are within striking distance. UNT will get invited to regionals either way, but the championship would be nice.

I can't find anywhere that it was cancelled. UNT is 4 shots back of Denver heading into day 3, and Carlos Ortiz is one stroke up on the random guy from ULM. We are within striking distance. UNT will get invited to regionals either way, but the championship would be nice.

In CMJ’s defense, this was a response to a comment I made (then quickly deleted :devil: )

There appears to be some sort of delay today...probably weather.

The storms that tore apart Central AR the last 2 days have moved east. Hopefully they have lost some of their power by the time they reached NW Alabama. They did number here, more or less leveling half a town 15 miles east of Conway.

According to the Sun Belt twitter:

@The_Sun_Belt

Sun Belt Conference

Due to severe weather in the area the final round the 2011 Club Glove Men's Golf Championship has been canceled.

Looks like we ended up tying for second, unless by cancelled they mean rescheduled for tomorrow...

EDIT: Yep, its over according to the official SBC site.

Edited by Mean Green Matt

How the hell does that work? It's just over, one day early, because the weather was bad?

Isn't this like stopping a football game after 3 quarters because of lightning? I know the Sun Belt doesn't do that.

What did you expect from the Sun Belch? I can tell you this: Conference USA would not have let this happen. Maybe we should investigate moving to that conference.

• Downvote 1

How the hell does that work? It's just over, one day early, because the weather was bad?

Isn't this like stopping a football game after 3 quarters because of lightning? I know the Sun Belt doesn't do that.

this has been done in the pga as well. schedules don't always allow a weather day. i wish the boys had another day to play, but they shouldn't have been behind after two rounds. it was still a great year for them!

this has been done in the pga as well. schedules don't always allow a weather day. i wish the boys had another day to play, but they shouldn't have been behind after two rounds. it was still a great year for them!

The year shouldn't be over...I would be shocked if they didn't get an invite to the regionals...the women did and they are ranked lower.