Ncaa Tournament Bracket

Cooley

Outside of a few individual efforts, these games have been queefs in a bag. Selfish shots, absurd decisions, bad execution... it's like an endless buffet of spareness. Yeah, they are close, but I'm pretty sure I could manufacture a close decision by letting two special ed kids box for a few hours.

Intersting.

What I saw was many excellent defenses which were often physical, taking offenses out of their games.

I've been scratching my head after each game; finally realized I filled out the men's tournament bracket with the women's teams. Didn't think Scott Drew and Baylor made it. Can't wait for the day when the Mean Greeen makes national news by taking down a top seed early in the tournament.

I don't like to put TOOO much in rating conferences solely by the NCAA's. And I think Barkley is a big clown. However, the Big East appears ridiculously overrated this season. No way should they have gotten 11 teams in --- I didn't think they deserved it as it was, and they totally showed it the last few days.

Edited by CMJ

Intersting.

What I saw was many excellent defenses which were often physical, taking offenses out of their games.

I saw Butler, Pitt, Texas, Arizona and a few others crap themselves trying to execute late. Does San Diego State even run plays? A&M and FSU could have held an orgy and I wouldn't have noticed through the blood pouring out of my eyes.

I think my post was finally triggered after I saw a UF player with a lead step up and shoot a selfish, stupid 3 while trying to nurse a lead with a ton of time on the shot clock(but hey, it went in!)

I love defense. What FSU did to ND tonight was fascinating. VCU looked great. I liked watching Ohio State play a complete game. Duke/Michigan was pretty good. But when it comes to the tournament, I think we throw around good defense way too much -- especially when the other team can only do one or two things well and falls to crap when it gets taken away.

I went into this weekend with a house to myself and a ton of drinking planned. After the good start on Thursday, I had high expectations. Just one man's insignificant opinion but...kinda meh. My biggest regret is I watched all these games and no one taught me the correct way to defend the last possession.

• Downvote 1

I don't like to put TOOO much in rating conferences solely by the NCAA's. And I think Barkley is a big clown. However, the Big East appears ridiculously overrated this season. No way should they have gotten 11 teams in --- I didn't think they deserved it as it was, and they totally showed it the last few days.

Only 2 BE teams in Sweet 16 played another BE team to get there

Ranking the Sweet 16 based on how they've played in the tournament so far.

1. Ohio State

2. VCU

3. Kansas

4. Duke

5. Connecticut

6. Florida

7. BYU

8. Wisconsin

9. Butler

10. San Diego State

11. North Carolina

12. Kentucky

13. Arizona

14. Florida State

15. Richmond

16. Marquette

BTW - this does not have any bearing on who I am predicting to win next week. Just a personal opinion to this point on the way the teams are playing. Obviously, that's not slamming Marquette....all 16 of these teams are impressive.

Y'all say Kansas should walk to the Final Four, but do NOT count out Richmond. The Spiders are just flat out good. They could absolutely beat Kansas next week.

At this point everybody is. Still - Kansas SHOULD advance to the Final Four. You couldn't ask for more than having a 10/11/12 in your regional. It's not like the West, which is pretty much stacked.

Edited by CMJ

I saw Butler, Pitt, Texas, Arizona and a few others crap themselves trying to execute late. Does San Diego State even run plays? A&M and FSU could have held an orgy and I wouldn't have noticed through the blood pouring out of my eyes.

I think my post was finally triggered after I saw a UF player with a lead step up and shoot a selfish, stupid 3 while trying to nurse a lead with a ton of time on the shot clock(but hey, it went in!)

I love defense. What FSU did to ND tonight was fascinating. VCU looked great. I liked watching Ohio State play a complete game. Duke/Michigan was pretty good. But when it comes to the tournament, I think we throw around good defense way too much -- especially when the other team can only do one or two things well and falls to crap when it gets taken away.

I went into this weekend with a house to myself and a ton of drinking planned. After the good start on Thursday, I had high expectations. Just one man's insignificant opinion but...kinda meh. My biggest regret is I watched all these games and no one taught me the correct way to defend the last possession.

Every coach, everywhere, ever, is f'ing terrible. I don't know why they even bother. This entire pointless "sport" should be outlawed like cockfighting.

James Naismith's pregnant mother should have taunted a horse until it kicked her in the belly. Then none of us would have to suffer through any of this crap.

1. Ohio State

2. VCU

3. Kansas

4. Duke

5. Connecticut

6. Florida

7. BYU

8. Wisconsin

9. Butler

10. San Diego State

11. North Carolina

12. Kentucky

13. Arizona

14. Florida State

15. Richmond

16. Marquette

BTW - this does not have any bearing on who I am predicting to win next week. Just a personal opinion to this point on the way the teams are playing. Obviously, that's not slamming Marquette....all 16 of these teams are impressive.

As much as I hate them, the Noles need to be higher up on this list. They dismantled Notre Dame.

James Naismith's pregnant mother should have taunted a horse until it kicked her in the belly. Then none of us would have to suffer through any of this crap.

Even I'm slightly offended by this. Well done.

Every coach, everywhere, ever, is f'ing terrible. I don't know why they even bother. This entire pointless "sport" should be outlawed like cockfighting.

Blame it on the freaking peach farmers.

1. Ohio State

2. VCU

3. Kansas

4. Duke

5. Connecticut

6. Florida

7. BYU

8. Wisconsin

9. Butler

10. San Diego State

11. North Carolina

12. Kentucky

13. Arizona

14. Florida State

15. Richmond

16. Marquette

Put Duke down around number 9 and I pretty much agree with this.

Here's Kenpom's odds for the rest of the tournament (to read he says OSU has 75% to make it to elite 8, 62% final four, etc)...

Here’s your up-to-the-minute log5 table for the remaining 16 teams. Some pertinent notes…

- All participants have improved their chances of winning except for San Diego State and Kentucky, who get hurt by a combination of a lack of upsets in their region and a close call in one of their previous tournament games.

- Congratulations to VCU, whose Sweet 16 appearance was given a 1.2% chance of occurring and now reigns as the most improbable tournament event this season.

- Bo Ryan should send a bouquet to Brad Stevens, and likewise, Bill Self should send bouquets to many people. There are no guarantees that either wins his next game of course, but for each the path to Houston is a lot easier than could have been anticipated a week ago.

The numbers in the table represent the chance in percent of a team advancing to the round in question. San Diego State deserves a dash of home court for playing a couple hours away from campus this week, but that is not included here as it was not included in the pre-tourney calculations.

Elite8 Final4 Final Champ Prev

1. 1E Ohio St. 75.2 62.0 41.9 30.6 21.6

2. 1SW Kansas 81.1 66.3 42.8 19.8 12.4

3. 1W Duke 82.9 56.5 29.4 19.0 15.3

4. 4SE Wisconsin 79.0 47.4 25.0 9.5 2.5

5. 2W San Diego St. 59.0 24.5 9.4 4.7 5.0

6. 3SE BYU 56.4 27.7 12.7 4.0 2.7

7. 4E Kentucky 24.8 15.1 6.4 3.1 3.4

8. 2E North Carolina 63.4 16.5 6.0 2.5 1.6

9. 2SE Florida 43.6 18.8 7.6 2.0 1.4

10. 3W Connecticut 41.0 13.8 4.3 1.8 1.0

11. 10SW Florida St. 64.2 17.6 5.9 1.2 0.09