Think We Could Use That Extra Scholarship Now?

FirefightnRick

Tone down the combative attitude.

Your old avatar gave those messages a lot stronger feel.

As for the basic question of the thread, could we use the extra scholarship now? Certainly. But hindsight is 20-20 and if a quality player had become available when we had used the scholarship on a lessor quality player then JJ would faced the same criticism.

I still think it's great that 16-7 is a disappointing season but I still want 20+ wins.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

This team may make a run at the Belt tournament championship, they may not. My expectations for this team has never been an NCAA tournament win, just simply an appearance. I have come to realize that this team is built to win in the Belt, not the NCAA tournament, and there is nothing wrong with that.

Not the biggest fan of JJ's game day coaching, but I am a big fan of the job he has done building the program and the very talented recruiting class he put together for next year. For those who want a 12 seed and a win in the NCAA tournament, check back in 2 years. You may get even more than you expect, as I think the talent coming in has a very good chance to take this program to the next level.

As for this year, I'm just going to hope that we get on a run in the Belt tournament and win our way into the NCAAs.

I don't believe that any Div 1 coach can win when he only has 7 players with the injured players NTS has I think we are lucky to be as good as we are...how about someone complete this thought by listing the players who have been unable to play this year.

Spenerc, Williams, Odufua for a game, Know for a game, mcGee, mangurum.... I still like what I see moving forward, especially for next year. Holmen has really stepped it up and become a decent 3/4 player... not sure where he will fit next year but I finally saw some post play out of him as well as attacking the boards and making some threes. He really lights a fire under my britches!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Spenerc, Williams, Odufua for a game, Know for a game, mcGee, mangurum.... I still like what I see moving forward, especially for next year. Holmen has really stepped it up and become a decent 3/4 player... not sure where he will fit next year but I finally saw some post play out of him as well as attacking the boards and making some threes. He really lights a fire under my britches!

I think your credibility is damaged by the fact that you can't spell most of our players names and seem to have problems with consistent capitalization.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

I think your credibility is damaged by the fact that you can't spell most of our players names and seem to have problems with consistent capitalization.

And is embarrassed to be a graduate of NT because the alumni aren't well versed in basketball. How ironic.

Now, if you could light a fire under his britches on the defensive end of the floor, maybe I could get excited about his play.

Basketball isn't only about offense.

Edited by UNT90

Now, if you could light a fire under his britches on the defensive end of the floor, maybe I could get excited about his play.

Basketball isn't only about offense.

And I'd also like for that fire to teach him the difference between a good shot and rally-killing, off balance, contested 3 with 15 seconds left on the shot clock directly off the inbound. Kid may have some talent and some of the physical tools needed to be successful, but he has a $.20 head.

"Not only does our team suck now, our SunBelt officiators are even worse. Do they get bonuses based on the number of fouls they call? "

I mean, what the hell is an officiator?

i don't know why that is a lol to me but it was.

i'm a self-admitted moron and things make me laugh that i'm sure only i find funny.

thanks for the chuckle.

(i wanted to be able to blame it on texas being a football state but i don't think they call the football stripes officiators either)