Remaining Scholarships

UNTLifer

http://www.tvcc.edu/athletics/football/pdf/2010%20TVCC%20ROSTER.pdf

Here is the roster for the 2010 Trinity Valley CC team with Chris Henderson of Dallas Carter listed.

The last posting and information that I found for Chris Henderson on Scout was dated in 2008. Apparently they never updated.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TVCCcardinalfootball#p/u/2/9o1PO0fk46Q

Does anyone know anything about this guy?

Terell Brooks, Duncanville DT, Rivals

He was just listed under "similar players" when looking at Chris Henderson. Other than looking great in combines, not much out there. Mostly however, I'd like us to get in the running for Jamichael Payne, out of Auburn, Alabama. I'd hate to see WKU get him and us not.

wow dude u got good insight .... u should holler at Coach Mac and see if they need a scout

• Upvote 1

wow dude u got good insight .... u should holler at Coach Mac and see if they need a scout

Seriously, Euless and Lifer are so on point on recruiting it really makes me think they could act as unpaid consultants to the program in exchange for some tickets/gear/etc... Outstanding job gents, you both seem to have a finger on the pulse of recruiting in an almost uncanny way. Impressive.

Seriously, Euless and Lifer are so on point on recruiting it really makes me think they could act as unpaid consultants to the program in exchange for some tickets/gear/etc... Outstanding job gents, you both seem to have a finger on the pulse of recruiting in an almost uncanny way. Impressive.

very impressive, i mean there are so many recruits, to name the recruit a day before he signs without hardly any info on the kid is amazing. that would be like saying last week that Caleb Hainie would blow up vs Green Bay lol

euless u are a guru

Here's my list with the anticipation that we will sign a full class of 25: (current committments in bold)

QB:

Brent Osborn

Cooper Jones

Andrew McNulty

I don't anticipate us signing any more QB's with McNulty being given a shot by this coaching staff. Unless a top recruit comes available, I think we are set here.

RB:

Zach Whitfield

One more HS player based upon Vito's recent (1/27/11) comments. It appears we've offered Jimmerson from DeSoto, Rivals Link, although I would be somewhat concerned about his 40 time. I would also like to see us go after Tyler Middleton from Midland, Rivals Link, who has sprinter's speed and has qualified for state in the 200 and 100 last year, I believe, Chris Nutall from A&M Consolidated, Rivals Link, Video "RB Chris Nutall from A&M Consolidated HS in College Station, TX is 5'9 180 and runs a 4.4 40 yard dash. While becoming District 12-5A's Most Valuable Player in 2010, Chris rushed for over 1,905 yards with 20 TDs and also hauled in 337 yards receiving with 5 TDs. Chris is an amazing runner with great speed, quickness, and power. He finished with almost 4,000 yards rushing in his career for the Tigers. Chris is also a tremendous receiver and blocker." quote off of YouTube video, or Hunter Lee, Rivals Link, who has been discussed in other threads.

WR

Marcus Smith

One more high school players. I would prefer Cameron Brown from Frisco Liberty, Rivals Link, Greg Thurmond from West Mesquite, Rivals Link, or Kevin Robertson from Houston Northland Christian, Rivals Link if his coach can talk him in to still visiting.

TE

Andrew Power

Done

OL

Grant Shaw

Two high school recruits, preferably Stouffer from Highland Park, Rivals Link, Dylan Laurens from Duncan, OK, Rivals Link,Cyril Lemon from Marble Falls, Rivals Link or Will Juarez from Hebron, Rivals Link

DT

Micah Thompson

Alex Lincoln

Terell Brooks

I would prefer a JUCO, but would settle for one more HS signee if they offer the best upside. My HS picks would be Brodrick Lee, Tarpon Springs, FL, Rivals Link, or Danny Edwards from Aledo, Rivals Link. I still hold out hope for Jewel Christian, JUCO, although his coach says he is going to UAB, Rivals Link and my dream would be Chris Henderson from Trinity Valley, Rivals Link

DE

Daryl Mason

Austin Orr

One more HS signee that is hopefully Whitney Richardson, Rivals Link, or Michael Amaefula from Arlington Bowie, Rivals Link, although Scout has him up to 240 lbs. Alex Lincoln may be kept here.

LB

Derek Akunne

Michael Stojkovic

Josh Hunt

Done

DB

Kendrick Ruben; Safety

Jamone Greer; CB

Kerry Swarn; Safety

One more HS commit for cornerback preferably Lloyd Carrington, Rivals Link.

Edited by UNTLifer

Keep your fingers crossed that we can land Carrington.

I wouldn't put too many eggs in that basket.

Carrington lists five schools as teams he is really considering, Oklahoma State, Tulsa, Houston, Nevada, and Texas State. Beyond those five, he also maintains interest in Minnesota and Pittsburgh, and the only thing holding those schools out of his top five is that they haven't offered yet.

snapback.pngFloMoGrad'

snapback.pngAdub4ever'

very impressive, i mean there are so many recruits, to name the recruit a day before he signs without hardly any info on the kid is amazing. that would be like saying last week that Caleb Hainie would blow up vs Green Bay lol

euless u are a guru

Well, I wish I could take credit for doing anything other than following the thread where Gman1022 and Grayeagle were talking about Chris Henderson, clicking on the link to his rivals page, and then clicking on where they show "similar defensive tackles" on the right. It had to be the blindest of luck that, an hour before Laxtonto posted about Josh Hunt of Duncanville decommitting from Wake Forest and verbaling to UNT, I navigated to his teammate's page and, as you may recall, asked "does anyone know anything about this guy?". I will say that once I had the great fortune of shaking Mean Joe Greene's hand after the Troy game this last season, I concluded that those, such as Lifer and Grayeagle, saying that what we need are guys who come into the program as defensive tackles, are correct. Of course, we all know that Mean Joe had the intelligence and determination to do what he did, but seeing him up close impressed on me what pure natural physicality he possesses. And I have to agree with Grayeagle about Cantly also; quit trying to make a DE out of him, and let him play DT (our manager at work and his wife have connections with Cantly's family through Arlington Lamar, and he agrees with this). I guess the message is, "get you some defensive tackles, and let them play defensive tackle". Here's to a couple more good ones in this class!

Edited by eulessismore

Revised 1/27/2011

Here's my list with the anticipation that we will sign a full class of 25: (current committments in bold)

QB:

Brent Osborn

Cooper Jones

Andrew McNulty

I don't anticipate us signing any more QB's with McNulty being given a shot by this coaching staff. Unless a top recruit comes available, I think we are set here.

RB:

Zach Whitfield

One more HS player based upon Vito's recent (1/27/11) comments. It appears we've offered Jimmerson from DeSoto, Rivals Link, although I would be somewhat concerned about his 40 time. I would also like to see us go after Tyler Middleton from Midland, Rivals Link, who has sprinter's speed and has qualified for state in the 200 and 100 last year, I believe, Chris Nutall from A&M Consolidated, Rivals Link, Video "RB Chris Nutall from A&M Consolidated HS in College Station, TX is 5'9 180 and runs a 4.4 40 yard dash. While becoming District 12-5A's Most Valuable Player in 2010, Chris rushed for over 1,905 yards with 20 TDs and also hauled in 337 yards receiving with 5 TDs. Chris is an amazing runner with great speed, quickness, and power. He finished with almost 4,000 yards rushing in his career for the Tigers. Chris is also a tremendous receiver and blocker." quote off of YouTube video, or Hunter Lee, Rivals Link, who has been discussed in other threads.

WR

Marcus Smith

One more high school players. I would prefer Cameron Brown from Frisco Liberty, Rivals Link, Greg Thurmond from West Mesquite, Rivals Link, or Kevin Robertson from Houston Northland Christian, Rivals Link if his coach can talk him in to still visiting.

TE

Andrew Power

Done

OL

Grant Shaw

Two high school recruits, preferably Stouffer from Highland Park, Rivals Link, Dylan Laurens from Duncan, OK, Rivals Link,Cyril Lemon from Marble Falls, Rivals Link or Will Juarez from Hebron, Rivals Link

DT

Micah Thompson

Alex Lincoln

Terell Brooks

I would prefer a JUCO, but would settle for one more HS signee if they offer the best upside. My HS picks would be Brodrick Lee, Tarpon Springs, FL, Rivals Link, or Danny Edwards from Aledo, Rivals Link. I still hold out hope for Jewel Christian, JUCO, although his coach says he is going to UAB, Rivals Link and my dream would be Chris Henderson from Trinity Valley, Rivals Link

DE

Daryl Mason

Austin Orr

One more HS signee that is hopefully Whitney Richardson, Rivals Link, or Michael Amaefula from Arlington Bowie, Rivals Link, although Scout has him up to 240 lbs. Alex Lincoln may be kept here.

LB

Derek Akunne

Michael Stojkovic

Josh Hunt

Done

DB

Kendrick Ruben; Safety

Jamone Greer; CB

Kerry Swarn; Safety

My revisions were based upon Vito's comments stating that we are after another RB, since it appears Young will stick with his Illinois committment. All of my changes are in the RB area, and I love the video on Chris Nutall. Very impressive. We aren't listed, but I hopefully Coach Gaines has picked up his scent.

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 1

QB:

Brent Osborn

Cooper Jones

Andrew McNulty

Done

RB:

Zach Whitfield

Antoinne Jimmerson

Done

WR

Marcus Smith

TE

Andrew Power

Done

OL

Grant Shaw

One more high school recruit, Dylan Laurens from Duncan, OK, Rivals Link,Cyril Lemon from Marble Falls, Rivals Link or Will Juarez from Hebron, Rivals Link

DT

Micah Thompson

Alex Lincoln

Terell Brooks

One more. Per OldTimer, known Offers still open: Luther Maddy, Delray Beach Florida,Rival's Link, Doesn't Show an Offer or Interest from NT, Rakeem Knight, Alabama Private School, no profiles on Rivals, Scout or ESPN, Johnny Hubbard, A. Maceo Smith, Rivals Link, Shows Interest but not offer. I know these sites aren't always accurate. I would still like to see us go after Danny Edwards, Aledo, Rivals Link, Josh Davis, Nacogdoches, Rivals Link and Broderick Lee, Tarpon Springs, FL, Rivals Link

DE

Daryl Mason

Austin Orr

LB

Derek Akunne

Michael Stojkovic

Josh Hunt

Done

DB

Kendrick Ruben; Safety

Jamone Greer; CB

Kerry Swarn; Safety

Athlete

Torance Carr

Revised 1/28/11

Edited by UNTLifer