Question About Nathan Tune

meangreanmick

I have seen speculation here and I apologize if I missed it, but do we know for sure that Nathan Tune is apply for medical red shirt for a 6th year? I hope he is, but hadn't seen a definitive source say one way or another.

It is my understanding that the 6th year was applied for and now denied by the NCAA. I am sure a couple of our posters could give us a conformation.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I talked to Tune at graduation in December, we were standing in line together. He told me that the medical redshirt process was not looking to good, but they had hope it was going to happen. He was a really nice guy, and told me he was excited about the McCarney hire.

• Upvote 1

I talked to Tune at graduation in December, we were standing in line together. He told me that the medical redshirt process was not looking to good, but they had hope it was going to happen. He was a really nice guy, and told me he was excited about the McCarney hire.

Can anyone confirm this?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

So here is Keenum's Bio: Keenum Bio

He RS first year just like Tune and both got injured this past season, so why would Keenum get a MRS but not Tune? Are we just incompetent when filling out these forms or is it typically NCAA BS? :growl:

Guess Tune should have gone on a drunken rage looking for his poor lil pup and destroy a few bar doors.

Edited by untbowler
  • Upvote 1

I can tell you, he did not receive his 6th yr. NCAA citing that 2 years had to be missed due to injury or illness. He tried to use his celiacs diagnosis for one of those years but the NCAA wasnt having it. He said that the compliance office at UNT could have done alot more to help him out but either way the chances were slim.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

It's because we're in the Belt.

:notfair:

I thought it was just that we are North Texas

I can tell you, he did not receive his 6th yr. NCAA citing that 2 years had to be missed due to injury or illness. He tried to use his celiacs diagnosis for one of those years but the NCAA wasnt having it. He said that the compliance office at UNT could have done alot more to help him out but either way the chances were slim.

So does anyone know what injury Keenum had his first year @ UH?

Time to move on now. The kid didnt get it..lets get over it. He played what, a game and a half? He comes from an option offense (celina) which we are not. Seems like he doesnt fit the qb description that Coach Mac wants.

The quarterbacks that Coach Mac is recruiting (pro-style) don't fit the type of quarterbacks that Coach Mac wants.

Time to move on now. The kid didnt get it..lets get over it. He played what, a game and a half? He comes from an option offense (celina) which we are not. Seems like he doesnt fit the qb description that Coach Mac wants.

Tune was not an option quarterback by any stretch of the imagination. Based upon his celiac illness and the work he put in to finally earn the starting job, it just doesn't seem fair that he wasn't given another year.

Tune was not an option quarterback by any stretch of the imagination. Based upon his celiac illness and the work he put in to finally earn the starting job, it just doesn't seem fair that he wasn't given another year.

Not fair at all. Kind of like Zach Muzzy a few years ago.

Zachary muzzy was screwed. Gotta wonder if it has to do with the people in the UNT office being incompetent. Just wondering......

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Zachary muzzy was screwed. Gotta wonder if it has to do with the people in the UNT office being incompetent. Just wondering......

I wonder if it had to do with Todd Dodge's desire to get "his" receivers in here. I wish Muzzy would have stayed, he would have been the star over Brandon Jackson and may have had a Casey Fitzgerald season.

• Downvote 3