Can We Just Have A Todd/riley Dodge Forum?

A place where the obsessed one way or the other can keep posting to themselves without interfering with the North Texas football talk? Maybe make it a VIP-type thing where only those who want to discuss them can go do it in private?

Can we also have a Hayden Fry Memorial Forum? You know, for the crusty GMG.com'ers to remenisce about the good 'ol days?

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 5

The only point to bringing up Hayden Fry is that he represented what our administration did right with a coaching hire. The main thing that has kept North Texas down all these years has been our culture. Hayden recognized that factor and went about trying to change it. I mainly bring him up to make a point about our culture, and how it could/should be changed.

The other guys should only be brought up and/or remembered in the context of what our administration did wrong. And hopefully how our administration won't make the same mistake(s).... again. :rolleyes:

So having said all that, I agree with TFLF. Bringing up all these other most recent mistakes, just for the sake of bringing it up is is somewhat voyeuristic, and could be viewed as little more than keyboard masturbation.

And so, therefore, it should be done in a private forum. B)

Dickey represents 4 of out bowls, our only NO Bowl win and 4 conference championships.

Todge represents the only time in school history we have wins against WKU. He never lost to them.

Until someone else comes in and wins, they will be talked about.

You, however, may choose to not click and read such threads.

;)

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

Dickey represents 4 of out bowls, our only NO Bowl win and 4 conference championships.

Todge represents the only time in school history we have wins against WKU. He never lost to them.

Until someone else comes in and wins,

both you mentioned were overall losers at unt. :P

Edited by LoveMG
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

The idea of a forum for old farts to talk about the Hayden Fry days is a good one. Let me suggest we call this: "Fry Street". A forum for those even older can be called the "Rust Belt"

I also suggest we wait 40 years or so before we establish another forum for the current youngsters if they are still interested and posting so they can talk about their "good old days". In 2050, we can call this "Dickey Days", "Dodge Ball", or even "Mac Attack".

• Upvote 1

The idea of a forum for old farts to talk about the Hayden Fry days is a good one. Let me suggest we call this: "Fry Street". A forum for those even older can be called the "Rust Belt"

I also suggest we wait 40 years or so before we establish another forum for the current youngsters if they are still interested and posting so they can talk about their "good old days". In 2050, we can call this "Dickey Days", "Dodge Ball", or even "Mac Attack".

And for those in between, we can create forums called "Matt Chat", "Parker's Barkers", "Corky's Corner", "Tyler Talk", and "Moore's Moments".

I like.