Shanice In Trouble?

DeepGreen

Bret Vito

Vito Blog

"It's a tough turn of events for UNT, but what made matters worse is that Shanice Stephens went up the tunnel toward the officials' locker room, her players ran after her and arena security and the police were at least coming to the scene."

"There were discussions between Stephens and UNT officials after the game and calls were being placed to other athletic department personnel back in Denton after the end of the doubleheader."

I think Shanice is in some deep doo doo.

If we're lucky.......... Just sayin'.

Edited by DeepGreen

To be honest, I do not like women's basketball but when you have a team out there with the words" North Texas" on that jersey, it is representing you and your school in a way.

S.S. is running the worst program right now on campus for the past 3 years, with numbers about as bad as Todd Dodge era for Football.

Now, ask your self. Have you seen any improvement over the years? For me, I dont go to the games unless it runs late for a double header with Johnny Jones company following after and what only sticks out to me is wins and losses. A lot of losses, very very little wins, none of any major program.

In the land of women's basketball, I only hear about it if a Britney Grimer sucker punches another player or some 90 game winning streak against one of the worst level playing field out of any sport.

The point is, its only ok if you are a Bob Knight to throw chairs and yell at refs because you have a lot of wins, championships in your back pocket.

When you have a S.S. screaming and running after officials like a crazy person then your a liability to the university that doesn't produce wins.

Now for the record, I myself have seen Johnny Jones run after officials following the game down the tunnel but it doesn't make headlines because why class??? He is running a top notch program with a couple conference rings and wins to back it up.

what does S.S. have? just a disorderly conduct citation from Murffs Police

I am sorry S.S. but this looks like the final straw

Cue Rick V axe

Edited by LakeTravis

Bret Vito

Vito Blog

"It's a tough turn of events for UNT, but what made matters worse is that Shanice Stephens went up the tunnel toward the officials' locker room, her players ran after her and arena security and the police were at least coming to the scene."

"There were discussions between Stephens and UNT officials after the game and calls were being placed to other athletic department personnel back in Denton after the end of the doubleheader."

I think Shanice is in some deep doo doo.

If we're lucky.......... Just sayin'.

Hey, I'd love for her to be gone. But do you really think we're buying out two years of a women's b-ball coach's contract? She started out at $150,000 a year...with a guaranteed 5% raise every year. So, at this point...you'd have to buy out something like $360,000 worth of contract.

I don't think what she did @ MTSU would violate any morality clause....so unless we have several hundred thousand lying around...I don't see her being bought out. I HOPE that I AM WRONG.

Hey, I'd love for her to be gone. But do you really think we're buying out two years of a women's b-ball coach's contract? She started out at $150,000 a year...with a guaranteed 5% raise every year. So, at this point...you'd have to buy out something like $360,000 worth of contract.

I don't think what she did @ MTSU would violate any morality clause....so unless we have several hundred thousand lying around...I don't see her being bought out. I HOPE that I AM WRONG.

One can hope? Last time I check I didn't have $360G's laying around. Maybe there is some "conduct unbecoming", or something like that in her contract.

Edited by DeepGreen

The point is, its only ok if you are a Bob Knight to throw chairs and yell at refs because you have alot of wins, championships in your back pocket.

When you have a S.S. screaming and running after officials like a crazy person then your a liability to the university that doesnt produce wins.

Now for the record, I myself have seen Johnny Jones run after officials following the game down the tunnel but it doesnt make headlines because why class??? He is running a top notch program with a couple conference rings and wins to back it up.

what does S.S. have? just a disorderly conduct citation from Murffs Police

I am sorry S.S. but this looks like the final straw

Cue Rick V axe

Kind of like the homeless guy talking to himself=Crazy.

Howard Hughes obsesses about germs=Eccentric.

Coach who has won a lot and goes nuts on the refs sometimes=Colorful/passionate.

Coach with more losses than wins/no signature win= Crazy & a liability.

• Upvote 1

A lot of I guess wishful thinking. Universities almost never try to get out of contracts. South Florida being an exception. Unless it is really something bad such as criminal activity, it is usually not going to happen. Making a bad hire is something that Schools have to pay for. RV claims that 5 year contract must be offered these days to attract a quality hire that includes apparently high school coaches and assistant coaches looking for that hc job .

It does sound like the pressure is getting to Stephens, but this incident does not appear serious. The major thing in this game, is the team at least played a good half.

One can hope? Last time I check I didn't have $360G's laying around. Maybe there is some "conduct unbecoming", or something like that in her contract.

If "conduct unbecoming" is not in any of the UNT coaches' contracts, somebody is not doing their job. And while she will probably say she was going to the defense of her team, there are other avenues to take and not cross the line as it appears she did.

Edited by Green Dozer

I would agree....I don't see them buying her out.

Nice avitar photo.

In case you were not aware, the then Pres. B had a good bit of input regarding candidates for this hire. There were other agendas at work other than simply hiring the best possible candidate. And, that will be all I will say about this matter.

• Upvote 2

In case you were not aware, the then Pres. B had a good bit of input regarding candidates for this hire. There were other agendas at work other than simply hiring the best possible candidate. And, that will be all I will say about this matter.

Heard these very things as a fellow North Texas fan/booster and I were visiting about whether or not Shanice's actions were "egg on Rick's face" of which he responded by saying "she was Battaille's hire, not RV's; and Rawlins is very well aware of this."

Heard these very things as a fellow North Texas fan/booster and I were visiting about whether or not Shanice's actions were "egg on Rick's face" of which he responded by saying "she was Battaille's hire, not RV's; and Rawlins is very well aware of this."

Makes me wonder how much of a hand she had in hiring Dodge.