Recruit Results 8

GrandGreen

Lakeview Centennial (19-1) 73 Naaman Forest 52, Chris Jones leads scoring with 23

South Grand Prairie (15-4) 72 Mansfield 50, Trey Norris with 18

Eastland had I think their first loss last week 53-54 to Childress, no other details

Texas High School Coaching Assc. Poll 1/3

5a Number 1 Lakeview Centennial

4a Number 2 Dallas Kimbell

2a Number 9 Eastland

Lakeview Centennial (19-1) 73 Naaman Forest 52, Chris Jones leads scoring with 23

South Grand Prairie (15-4) 72 Mansfield 50, Trey Norris with 18

Eastland had I think their first loss last week 53-54 to Childress, no other details

Texas High School Coaching Assc. Poll 1/3

5a Number 1 Lakeview Centennial

4a Number 2 Dallas Kimbell

2a Number 9 Eastland

Question for the High School Basketball gurus of the board: Won't Robinson really be taking a step up in competition level his freshman year? Do they even have AAU teams near eastland, and has he played on one? If so, how was his performance?

Glad that he is a recruit, but I think it might take him a couple of years to develop if all he has played against is 2A level competition.

Question for the High School Basketball gurus of the board: Won't Robinson really be taking a step up in competition level his freshman year? Do they even have AAU teams near eastland, and has he played on one? If so, how was his performance?

Glad that he is a recruit, but I think it might take him a couple of years to develop if all he has played against is 2A level competition.

I think if we get Cam back, Holmen can take his game to the next level and Knox keep progessing we could maybe redshirt Robinson assuming everyone stays healthy. At the sametime I don't think he signs with us unless he thought he could play right off the bat. 2A basketball is a far cry from DI , but he has played AAU ( Houston Select , same as Tristian Thompson)

Edited by NT03

I think if we get Cam back, Holmen can take his game to the next level and Knox keep progessing we could maybe redshirt Robinson assuming everyone stays healthy. At the sametime I don't think he signs with us unless he thought he could play right off the bat. 2A basketball is a far cry from DI , but he has played AAU ( Houston Select , same as Tristian Thompson)

good info, i really think Holmen and Knox have alot of potential, so in a year we might be pretty deep in the post but we do graduate almost our entire starting lineup

I would be very disappointed if Robinson didn't play significant minutes next year; with what is being projected coming back at the 4 and 5. (Assuming no more additions) Though not a physical player at all, he would represent the only offensive threat (perimeter shooting) among the the guys being mentioned. He could become a match up nightmare at 6-10 away from the basket. (out to the 3-point line) Jordan Williams' game of slashing to the bucket and anticipated penetrating skills of Trey Norris and Chris Jones, should compliment Robinson's skills well.

This recruiting class' performance, initially, will not be as good without the addition of an impact big man down low. At this time, we just have a bunch of bodies.

Just this poster's opinion!

I would be very disappointed if Robinson didn't play significant minutes next year; with what is being projected coming back at the 4 and 5. (Assuming no more additions) Though not a physical player at all, he would represent the only offensive threat (perimeter shooting) among the the guys being mentioned. He could become a match up nightmare at 6-10 away from the basket. (out to the 3-point line) Jordan Williams' game of slashing to the bucket and anticipated penetrating skills of Trey Norris and Chris Jones, should compliment Robinson's skills well.

This recruiting class' performance, initially, will not be as good without the addition of an impact big man down low. At this time, we just have a bunch of bodies.

Just this poster's opinion!

Oh I totally agree with you. I fully expect him to log 10-15 minutes a game if not more. I just think if for some reason JJ decides to redshirt him , that it will be possible to do so. I don't see that happening however

Friday games

South Grand Prairie (16-4) with easy win over Mansfield Timberview, Trey Norris with 18

Lakeview Centennial(20-1) 77 Sachse 48, Chris Jones with 10

In Sugar Bowl Tournament, Kimbell (18-1) 47 Imhotep 42 with Jordan Williams with 8

Had to look up Imhotep, it is a charter school in Philadelphia, PA

According to one source was in nations top 10 at one time this year, Have 3 players with D1 ships to Robert Morris, George Washington and Niagara

Big Time Win

I don't think level of competition is as important in BB as in FB. How many players did you see go from high school to the NFL? A number of players went straight from high school to the NBA before they changed the rules. I am not saying it is not a consideration, but it doesn't seem to be the same.

I don't think level of competition is as important in BB as in FB. How many players did you see go from high school to the NFL? A number of players went straight from high school to the NBA before they changed the rules. I am not saying it is not a consideration, but it doesn't seem to be the same.

People don't go from high school to NFL because it is prohibited. Players must be out of high school 3 years.

Had a chance to catch the Lakeview game (since I am a Sachse alum and in town) Chris Jones looked impressive. I dont think he is as fast as White but certainly bigger and had a a few passes that made you say "wow".

Decided to make the trip to Garland tonight to see Centennial and South Garland over South Grand Prairie vs Duncanville. Left with about 6 minutes remaining in the 4th when the coach emptied the bench with Centennial up by 40. I think Chris is much faster than Josh White driving to the hole. Had about 16 pts, 6-7 assist and 6-7 rebounds. Great overall floor game. Looks to pass first but can get to the bucket at will. Would like to see Centennial play stronger competition to better gauge Chris under pressure. He's just too strong and quick against some of the other HS guards in his district. Solid recruit by JJ and someone who will help from day one.

Decided to make the trip to Garland tonight to see Centennial and South Garland over South Grand Prairie vs Duncanville. Left with about 6 minutes remaining in the 4th when the coach emptied the bench with Centennial up by 40. I think Chris is much faster than Josh White driving to the hole. Had about 16 pts, 6-7 assist and 6-7 rebounds. Great overall floor game. Looks to pass first but can get to the bucket at will. Would like to see Centennial play stronger competition to better gauge Chris under pressure. He's just too strong and quick against some of the other HS guards in his district. Solid recruit by JJ and someone who will help from day one.

All good news, it also helps that chris can jump with the beat of them. I wonder if he will be the primary point or a wing with Norris at the point.

This is a great report considering how much Cooley follows HS basketball. For you younger alums and new board members, Cooley is not easily impressed and knows his bball.