Lsu On Tv

Travis Scott

Okay... Cox Sports TV is apparently channel 421 on Dish Network.

I am near Sugarland TX right now. Stuck here all week.

If ANYONE knows of a restaurant or non-seedy sports bar type establishment (so I can take the future in-laws) within 45 minutes of Sugarland that has Dish network instead of DirecTV... You will be my hero forever.

Anyone have any suggestions?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

If ANYONE knows of a restaurant or non-seedy sports bar type establishment (so I can take the future in-laws) within 45 minutes of Sugarland that has Dish network instead of DirecTV... You will be my hero forever.

http://www.sportstavern.com/texas/houston.html

I used to live down the road. The higher numbers on Westheimer will be close to you.

There have been watching parties at the Fox and the Hound on Westheimer. It is located outside the Beltway, so it shouldn't be too far from you. You might want to look them up and give them a call to see if they are carrying the game. There is also a fairly large LSU alumni chapter in Houston. They may be worth contacting to see if they are having a watching party or if there is a bar that usually hosts them.

There have been watching parties at the Fox and the Hound on Westheimer. It is located outside the Beltway, so it shouldn't be too far from you. You might want to look them up and give them a call to see if they are carrying the game. There is also a fairly large LSU alumni chapter in Houston. They may be worth contacting to see if they are having a watching party or if there is a bar that usually hosts them.

I appreciate the suggestions.

I did already look up the Houston and North Houston branches of the LSU alumni association, and every place they listed as destinations for football watching parties (that wasn't an hour or more away from where I am) has DirecTV.

I'll keep looking around and if I find somewhere, I'll let everyone know.

• Upvote 1

I'm in Sugar Land, and I have DISH. I don't see the game anywhere on the guide, and I don't see ch. 421, even when I select all channels.

I (and possibly some others) will join you if you find a place showing the game.

If not, but if the game is available on channelsurfing, or if you have a Mean Green Premium account, I have a PC with a component video card connected to my big screen (65" rear projection - not exactly state-of-the-art, but...). I just have to get home from work before 7. <_<

Send me a PM with a way to contact you.

I'm in Sugar Land, and I have DISH. I don't see the game anywhere on the guide, and I don't see ch. 421, even when I select all channels.

I (and possibly some others) will join you if you find a place showing the game.

If not, but if the game is available on channelsurfing, or if you have a Mean Green Premium account, I have a PC with a component video card connected to my big screen (65" rear projection - not exactly state-of-the-art, but...). I just have to get home from work before 7. <_<

Send me a PM with a way to contact you.

I would jump all over that... But if I could get away from the in laws, I'd have gone to Baton Rouge.

I appreciate the offer, though. And if I find a place, I will let you know.

• Upvote 1

I just put in a call to Pour House. They are going to check on the game, and call me back.. i'll post what I find out in this forum.

An employee of The Pour House called me back and said he checked with the UNT athletics department, and they told him there was no TV coverage for this event. It doesn't appear that UNT Athletics is accurate since we already know there is TV coverage... the question is will anyone have it in Denton. I didn't think to ask the employee if he actually checked their DISH TV guide... so it looks like Pour House is not an option. If anyone else finds a bar/restaurant/etc where they game will be shown, please post it here.

An employee of The Pour House called me back and said he checked with the UNT athletics department, and they told him there was no TV coverage for this event. It doesn't appear that UNT Athletics is accurate since we already know there is TV coverage... the question is will anyone have it in Denton.

Does this mean it's not even going to be available on Mean Green Premium?

I called SRO Sports Bar in Houston, who hosts game-watching parties for lots of different schools' alumni groups, and who seems to know more about college sports scheduling on cable & satellite than anyone else. They have the Full Court package, and while the game is listed on the schedule they received yesterday, it doesn't have a channel number, which seems to indicate that ESPN is waiting for someone to pick up the game so that ESPN can get the feed. In other words, the game isn't on Full Court - at least in Houston. I was told to call back around 5:30 to see if they had received an update to the schedule. I'm not optimistic that anything will change.

• Upvote 1

I called SRO Sports Bar in Houston, who hosts game-watching parties for lots of different schools' alumni groups, and who seems to know more about college sports scheduling on cable & satellite than anyone else. They have the Full Court package, and while the game is listed on the schedule they received yesterday, it doesn't have a channel number, which seems to indicate that ESPN is waiting for someone to pick up the game so that ESPN can get the feed. In other words, the game isn't on Full Court - at least in Houston. I was told to call back around 5:30 to see if they had received an update to the schedule. I'm not optimistic that anything will change.

Is this the one at Northwest Mall? Is there more than one?

I'll be checking back to see what they tell you.