New Nike Uniforms

bdan2002

TCU nation hates these unis and so do I. Apparently Nike has never been in Fort Worth and seen all the PURPLE. At the same time, we(the TCU side of my heart) are playing in the Rose Bowl so it doesn't matter anyway. With that said, I think these uniforms look just atrocious. Absolutely god awful.

Horned Eagle, you might change your mind about how atrocious these uni's are if you ever saw a color photo of the Lavender uni's that TCU wore in the 70's. I think that either Jim Shoefner or Jim Pittman was coaching at the time.

Of course, nothing could compare to the "Mean Green" (neon apple green) that we wore when Hayden Fry was here.....but at least they weren't lavender. :rolleyes:

That is just ridiculous! NO purple for TCU??? :thumbsu: Whoever thought that up is a real genius for sure...

The Florida uniforms really look classic and, frankly, do not look too much different from their actual uniforms. Also, the Boise State uniforms look really cool. But, whoever told Oregon that duck feathers were scary was lying to them...

It is almost like this is a punishment for TCU...yeah, you get to go to a BCS bowl, but your uniforms will look like dog poop!! HA! :D

The only half way decent uniform in the group is Florida. Oregon has become a carnival, don't really care about Boise and TCU's are horrible considering their main color is purple and it is nowhere to be found. Do the schools have to accept these as part of their contract?

I like the Boise uniform. ...the TCU uniform without purple doesn't work.

I think they have purple shoe laces. No way I would have my players wear that. But then again, I really don't understand the purpose of a school having school colors if you are just going to trick up your uniforms with other colors other than the school colors.

When did Oregon replace Yellow with Neon Glow in the Dark Yellow?

Well when you get a new 10 new uniforms each season, you start to run out of ideas to trick them up.

its my understanding that coach mac wants nike uniforms. also, the southlake carroll look is out.

So I'll need to get another mini-helmet again next year? It be nice if we had some consistency with our uniforms for once rather than changing every 4 to 5 years.

So I'll need to get another mini-helmet again next year? It be nice if we had some consistency with our uniforms for once rather than changing every 4 to 5 years.

That should come with consistency at the top, HC position.

If the above are any indication of what we can expect from Nike, I'd rather go with someone else.

That is just ridiculous! NO purple for TCU??? :thumbsu: Whoever thought that up is a real genius for sure...

The Florida uniforms really look classic and, frankly, do not look too much different from their actual uniforms. Also, the Boise State uniforms look really cool. But, whoever told Oregon that duck feathers were scary was lying to them...

It is almost like this is a punishment for TCU...yeah, you get to go to a BCS bowl, but your uniforms will look like dog poop!! HA! :D

The TCU Athletic Director has said that he has checked with Coach Patterson and there will be plenty of purple on the Rose Bowl Uniforms. It was implied that the jerseys will not be black, but will be purple.

TCU is only under contract to wear the shown shoes. I hope this is true.

GO FROGS!!!

GO MEAN GREEN!!!

since my freshman year in 61',i've lost track of how many eagles, logos, and shades of green we have gone thru. just think: what a collection of mini helments you could have. while i don't like our u.s. postal eagle, and prefer hayden fry green, i'm glad that we are trying to standardize.

That's what happens when of your proudest alums just happens to be the founder of Nike, Phil Knight. Kind of like Washington State with Bill Gates or OSU with good old Boone... Ours is coming at some point...

Bill Gates didn't attend Washington State, he dropped out of Harvard. Your point about Phil Knight is relevant, however.

Bill Gates didn't attend Washington State, he dropped out of Harvard. Your point about Phil Knight is relevant, however.

Bill Gates got his programming start at Washington University, (my mistake not WSU) where his mother taught, when he was in HS and contributes heavily towards their institution.

Check out Macolm Gladwell's Outlier's for a good read on WU and Bill Gates.

Boone Pickens is relevant to the conversation as well.