Denton Isd

UNTLifer

Denton ISD has Guyer in the 5A championship and Ryan in the 4A championship. Hopefully Coach McCarney and Coach Canales are contacting these schools. Blake Terry from Guyer recently had his offer pulled from Kentucky and is one heck of a linebacker.

Denton ISD has Guyer in the 5A championship and Ryan in the 4A championship. Hopefully Coach McCarney and Coach Canales are contacting these schools. Blake Terry from Guyer recently had his offer pulled from Kentucky and is one heck of a linebacker.

Too bad we couldn't keep Guyer's QB home. That guy made a lot of people look slow. Had a pretty decent arm, too.

Speaking of high school playoffs. Did y'all see the QB for Mesquitte Poteet, i think his name is Nowell, supposedly break his leg in the second quarter against Aledo then return to lead MPHS back to the lead in the second half. When he got hurt they carried him off the field and a minute later they were placing an air cast on his left leg. There was nothing about it in the Startlegram Saturday morning. Obviously he didn't break his leg but I thought it was a huge gut check regardless.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 1

Speaking of high school playoffs. Did y'all see the QB for Mesquitte Poteet, i think his name is Nowell, supposedly break his leg in the second quarter against Aledo then return to lead MPHS back to the lead in the second half. When he got hurt they carried him off the field and a minute later they were placing an air cast on his left leg. There was nothing about it in the Startlegram Saturday morning. Obviously he didn't break his peg but I thought it was a huge gut check regardless.

Rick

I saw the highlights on Fox Sports SW and they said he broke his tibia, but decided to come back and try to lead his team. I actually think it is broken.

I saw the highlights on Fox Sports SW and they said he broke his tibia, but decided to come back and try to lead his team. I actually think it is broken.

I believe that's the non-weight bearing bone in the lower leg. Same thing Jack Younblood played with in three NFL playoff games in 1979. Hard to believe they would let a high school kid play with that injury. Maybe it's just a very small fracture.

Whoa!!!!!, his Tibia? I could see him breaking his Fibia and still being able to play but not his Tibia, which is the weight bearing bone in your lower leg? Damn, that is even more amazing. And they nearly beat Aledo.

That was the story team of the year. For a coach to come in and take a 0-10 team, 1-19 the two previous years combined, and go 12-3 and to the semi's in his first year.

Rick

Tibia ... fibia ... tomato ... tomato .. :)

Tibia and fibula make up the lower leg with the tibia being the larger, weight bearing bone.

Guyer has two losses this year, one to Cedar Hill and one to Coppell. Last year they lost to Ryan and Longview.

I love to see kids play with heart!!! Like Riley did with his arm and the Poteet QB. FYI, McKinney High's QB (only a Soph) broke his right wrist on the 10th play of the game and his left wrist on the 16th against HP. He finished the game. Both wrist required surgery.

Total gut check by these kids.

The Mesquite QB reminded me of Byron Leftwhich getting carried by his teamates down the field in between plays his senior season. I was at that game, my brother was a RS Sophomore at Marshall, one of the most courageous athletic endeavors I've ever witnessed first hand.

Edited by FloMoGrad

I love to see kids play with heart!!! Like Riley did with his arm and the Poteet QB. FYI, McKinney High's QB (only a Soph) broke his right wrist on the 10th play of the game and his left wrist on the 16th against HP. He finished the game. Both wrist required surgery.

Total gut check by these kids.

is that a gut check thing or stupidity? these kids need to think about their future and their health, not trying to man-up and finish a game. i understand wanting to help their team win, but i don't think the coaches should allow kids with injuries like these to continue playing the in the game.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I have heard rumors of Guyer and Ryan high schools.

But I'd like to remind everyone that the original home team, The Denton Broncos made a first round appearance in the play-offs after a lengthly absence.

They were shown the door in the first round, but finally got some press in a town dominated by Ryan and Guyer football.

Go Broncos

• Upvote 2

I have heard rumors of Guyer and Ryan high schools.

But I'd like to remind everyone that the original home team, The Denton Broncos made a first round appearance in the play-offs after a lengthly absence.

They were shown the door in the first round, but finally got some press in a town dominated by Ryan and Guyer football.

Go Broncos

A big +1 for you, Sir. GO BRONCOS! The Broncos have been screwed around royally by the DISD folks to the benefit of both Ryan and Guyer. It was great to see the Broncos have a little success this season on the gridiron in spite of DISD's gerrymandering ways. Ha!