Fouts Field Implosion Is? And How Many Seats On...

PlummMeanGreen

The Amon Carter implosion was impressive. Wonder when the Fouts implosion is planned?

Will all that area where Fouts is now become more parking?

Any campus master plan showing that part of campus w/o Fouts Field?

GMG!

Off Topic: Can you imagine being in John Edward's shoes today? :(

I thought it was already half imploded. Shouldn't take but one bulldozer to finish the job

From what I understand, Fouts will remain a while longer.

It will remain as a track facility until a new one can be built across the highway (probably near the new tennis courts).

However, I don't think a track facility is in the budget in the near future.

I'm also not sure, but I would suspect that the Green/White game will be in Fouts again this year.

So, you may not have seen the last football at Fouts, just the last opponent.

• Upvote 1

From what I understand, Fouts will remain a while longer.

It will remain as a track facility until a new one can be built across the highway (probably near the new tennis courts).

However, I don't think a track facility is in the budget in the near future.

I'm also not sure, but I would suspect that the Green/White game will be in Fouts again this year.

So, you may not have seen the last football at Fouts, just the last opponent.

I was thinking the exact same thing yesterday, that the Spring Game would have to be at Fouts. So really one more time for the old gal - then it's really over!

The Amon Carter implosion was impressive. Wonder when the Fouts implosion is planned?

Will all that area where Fouts is now become more parking?

Any campus master plan showing that part of campus w/o Fouts Field?

GMG!

Off Topic: Can you imagine being in John Edward's shoes today? :(

http://www.unt.edu/untmasterplan/documents/Final_Master_Plan.pdf

If I understand the plan correctly the area where Fouts currently stands will be a landscaped parking lot. The parking garage will be where parts of the blue and orange lots are now. The opera house is near the Murchison, I'd guess on the blue lot.

The master plan also shows the track facility at the south end of Eagle Point.

http://www.unt.edu/untmasterplan/documents/Final_Master_Plan.pdf

If I understand the plan correctly the area where Fouts currently stands will be a landscaped parking lot. The parking garage will be where parts of the blue and orange lots are now. The opera house is near the Murchison, I'd guess on the blue lot.

The master plan also shows the track facility at the south end of Eagle Point.

Also quite obvious in the renderings after Fouts Field becomes a parking lot is a new pedestrian bridge connecting the former Fouts concessions area(?) across to the Mean Green Villge & our new football stadium.

Projecting to that day when that pedestrian bridge becomes reality over Interstate 35-E, UNT still may want to invest in those 6 Flag Over Texas train-looking shuttles to get our fans from that part of campus both pre-game and post game. Senior or "mature" fans would especially appreciate that ride to and fro'. :rolleyes:

GMG!

• Upvote 1

Also quite obvious in the renderings after Fouts Field becomes a parking lot is a new pedestrian bridge connecting the former Fouts concessions area(?) across to the Mean Green Villge & our new football stadium.

Projecting to that day when that pedestrian bridge becomes reality over Interstate 35-E, UNT still may want to invest in those 6 Flag Over Texas train-looking shuttles to get our fans from that part of campus both pre-game and post game. Senior or "mature" fans would especially appreciate that ride to and fro'. :rolleyes:

GMG!

The Disneyland/6-Flags Trams are scheduled to be built after they dome the new stadium in 2100. You will have a choice to be telepathicly transported to and from the stadium or take the "granny train" which will deposit you directly in your assigned seat, provide you with a soft drink and solent green pizza for an additional $700 more.

Fouts field will be used for overflow seating when we play against big name opponents. The game will be simulcast on the jumbotron. In the event of a major upset, there will be busses set up to bring people to the new stadium if they choose to rush the field. We will include the seating capacity of both stadiums in our official game day capacity numbers. I'm told there will be a heavy discount on these seats. Unfortunately, these games will not count toward your priority point totals.

Fouts field will be used for overflow seating when we play against big name opponents. The game will be simulcast on the jumbotron. In the event of a major upset, there will be busses set up to bring people to the new stadium if they choose to rush the field. We will include the seating capacity of both stadiums in our official game day capacity numbers. I'm told there will be a heavy discount on these seats. Unfortunately, these games will not count toward your priority point totals.

:goodjob:

Made me laugh.

A couple of places in West Texas have torn down one side and left the other one... They are used for track and other purposes. I suspect 1/2 of it at least will remain until needed for parking or contruction...

They can sell the end zone portion to someone who can reconstruct it somewhere else. Odessa's old stadium in somewhere on the north side of Austin and some HS district uses it.

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

You had me till the jumbotron statement since we all know that thing doesn't work (reference the KSU Jumbotron debacle)