Sbc 12/4

But a big slate Saturday...10 games including our bout with Texas Southern.

Western Kentucky @ 15. Memphis

South Alabama @ Louisville

Troy @ Arkansas

UL - Lafayette @ Tulane

FIU @ Jackson State

CS Northridge @ Denver

South Florida @ Florida Atlantic

UL - Monroe @ La. Tech

MTSU @ SIU - Edwardsville

While I'll still use a pencil rather than a pen or sharpie to mark "L"'s next to those first three...it will be one of those pencils with the dried out eraser and I'm gonna press really hard.

Yes, Western has had a murderous schedule so far...but based on their performance against Vandy it wouldn't surprise me if there is still a lasting hangover from the 2OT loss to South Carolina.

USA has been a huge disappointment against quality competition...Louisville certainly qualifies as quality.

Troy sucks.

Tulane hasn't beaten anyone of note for their 4-2 record...ULL hasn't beaten anyone on the D-1 level...but I think Houston is better than Tulane and the Cajuns should have won that game...so maybe a toss up here (homerism?)

FIU is actually taking care of their "should win" games this year. This is a "should win" game against a bad SWAC team.

Dear Denver, you're home...you like it at home...please win a game that you should win.

USF/FAU is the most intriguing of the night. FAU hung with UF for 35 minutes...then went out and looked very pedestrian against an OK George Mason team...then beat a solid SEC team in Mississippi State. USF is fresh off a very nice win against VCU...and a season of finishing in the middle of the pack of the Big East...a very good accomplishment.

ULM we knew would struggle...but they've actually looked more competitive than I thought coming into the year. They lost to a nice Kent team, but without Fred Brown...Brown should make this short trip...and La. Tech has lost to UALR. My homer-based optimism for thinking this could be tight?

SIU-E is 1-7...their win came over non-D-1 competition...and their closest loss was by 15 in their opener to Indiana-Purdue, Fort Wayne. If MTSU losses this game they should probably start sending that good women's team of theirs to play their men's schedule.

• Upvote 1

Tackling the 10 game Saturday? Now THAT'S a contribution. Welcome back, you lazy hippie.

FIU, Denver, and MTSU should be wins. Mark those down with CBL's no-eraser pencil.

FAU and ULL should be slightly unfavorable coin flips.

I'll write off the other four for being against better competition and/or featuring incurable Louisiana-Monroeism. I think Western and ULM (considering that a money sport game against La Tech is generally an SMU-style Super Bowl for them) could pull upsets, but USA and Troy are all but doomed.

Four out of those nine (the three should-wins plus one of the two coin flips) plus a win from us would give us a .500 night. And we really ought to be able to get it, too.

Worse than 5 out of 10 on the night, and it's yet another ugly black mark on the conference RPI.

Tackling the 10 game Saturday? Now THAT'S a contribution. Welcome back, you lazy hippie.

FIU, Denver, and MTSU should be wins. Mark those down with CBL's no-eraser pencil.

FAU and ULL should be slightly unfavorable coin flips.

I'll write off the other four for being against better competition and/or featuring incurable Louisiana-Monroeism. I think Western and ULM (considering that a money sport game against La Tech is generally an SMU-style Super Bowl for them) could pull upsets, but USA and Troy are all but doomed.

Four out of those nine (the three should-wins plus one of the two coin flips) plus a win from us would give us a .500 night. And we really ought to be able to get it, too.

Worse than 5 out of 10 on the night, and it's yet another ugly black mark on the conference RPI.

No melting...no orders...no nothing...I'm on extreme penalty kill mode at work today.

Should've stuck around Texas a bit longer...though I think another day down there and jaundice would've set in. Guess its better to be bored.