Wac Calling Again In A Few Hours

Arkstfan

Think Tech is puckered?

What about UTSA and Texas State. League is down to 7 football schools. New rule provides you can't move up unless you have an offer from an FBS conference. Takes 8 to be a conference. NCAA might say "well there were enough when you were invited" or might say... humm tough break there fellas.

Well.. this is good news I think. The Sunbelt just needs to take NMSU and Utah State. This will hobble La Tech's program (no reason for a 3rd LA school in our conference) and help ULL and ULM's recruiting. This will also kill the Texas State and UTSA threat which will give us 2 less schools to compete with in recruiting. Yay us.

Edited by MeanGreenTeeth

arkstfan- why are you a member of this website? not saying you are not welcome here, just curious why?

I installed the first message board and was the site's tech guru for a year or so. Harry and I go back a bit. In fact last time I was in DFW he was kind enough to pick me up and tote me to the game where I consumed all the free beer I could get my hands on.

• Upvote 6

Well.. this is good news I think. The Sunbelt just needs to take NMSU and Utah State. This will hobble La Tech's program (no reason for a 3rd LA school in our conference) and help ULL and ULM's recruiting. This will also kill the Texas State and UTSA threat which will give us 2 less schools to compete with in recruiting. Yay us.

With Hawaii leaving, NOW is the time for the SBC to expand into Divisions.

East

FIU

FAU

Troy

SouAla

Muts

WKU

Ark St

West

ULL

La Tech

ULM

UNT

NMSU

*either Utah St & Idaho.....or UTSA & TxState

• Upvote 1

First, son of a bitch. This sucks.

With that out of the way, I guess I should pump some sunshine. With UH out of the picture, the longest road trip, and biggest suck to the travel budget are gone. Maybe that entices someone who wasn't previously interested. Also, it completely opens up football, volleyball, and the diamond sports to make it anyone's game.

I have got to think positive because this week has already been a roller coaster. I figured something like this would happen. The Bobcats are used to that gut-renching 8th Inning meltdowns, 4th quarter loses. Why should our transition to FBS be any different.

First, son of a bitch. This sucks.

With that out of the way, I guess I should pump some sunshine. With UH out of the picture, the longest road trip, and biggest suck to the travel budget are gone. Maybe that entices someone who wasn't previously interested. Also, it completely opens up football, volleyball, and the diamond sports to make it anyone's game.

I have got to think positive because this week has already been a roller coaster. I figured something like this would happen. The Bobcats are used to that gut-renching 8th Inning meltdowns, 4th quarter loses. Why should our transition to FBS be any different.

Who's left that's any good in football in the WAC if Hawaii is indeed leaving?