Canales As Head Coach?

meangreenbob

Would you expect any less with the "knee jerkiness" of this place??? I mean, people were already calling for Canales to be head coach when he was first hired. We're like the fat girl waiting to be asked to the prom. The nerdiest guy to most will look like Fabio to her. We wont know how ugly the guy is until we look back at the prom pictures 20 years later. We're content with just getting asked out!

I commend Canales for his enthusiasm, etc. RV stated this is not an audition and will go through an extensive search. I'm fully expecting him to stick by that and hire a new face to run the UNT football program.

Many, many alums I know who read this board are insulted with all this dog and pony show the Canales Marketing Agents & Family have been doing in the background.

Anti-Canales for HFC posters are being asked to give their cell phone numbers out so Coach C can call and attempt to change their minds and we have a few who you can now read who he seems to have been successful with. Give some people a free T-Shirt and their kids a little rubber football and they'll change their minds every time I guess. :(

Many, many UNT alums seem to think the Canales group thinks of North Texas as an "easy to fool pushover of a school and why not" look who we've hired the last 30 years? And by doing all this Barnum and Baily crapola they've gotten the circus crowd all stirred up now. Barnum and Baily? Hayden Fry's Barnum and Baily act got him a Big 10 job. We can only hope that our next coach does so well in Denton that the true perennial Top 25 schools will want to steal him away from us and then a la Boise...

....we can have an Assistant Head Coach ready to take over with all our alumnus base knowing that is what he was being trained to do yet under a name or proven NCAA FBS coach who already has skins on the wall.

You have to admit, you don't get fair and balanced on this Canales business in the Denton Record/Chronicle, now do you?

OK, Canales Marketing Agents, bring on those red numbers, but can you beat your numbers from my last post? I have an on-going bet with a fellow alum on who gets the most of these so help me out will you?! :blowup:

GMG!

PS: I am meeting for lunch in Fort Worth tomorrow with a fellow alum, friend and avid suppoter of Coach Canales. Should be lots of fun and I know the BBQ will be great and the discussion will be............civil.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 8

Many, many alums I know who read this board are insulted with all this dog and pony show the Canales Marketing Agents & Family have been doing in the background.

Anti-Canales for HFC posters are being asked to give their cell phone numbers out so Coach C can call and attempt to change their minds and we have a few who you can now read who he seems to have been successful with. Give some people a free T-Shirt and their kids a little rubber football and they'll change their minds every time I guess. :(

Many, many UNT alums seem to think the Canales group thinks of North Texas as an "easy to fool pushover of a school and why not" look who we've hired the last 30 years? And by doing all this Barnum and Baily crapola they've gotten the circus crowd all stirred up. Barnum and Baily? Hayden Fry's Barnum and Baily act got him a Big 10 job. We can only hope that our next coach does so well in Denton that the true perennial Top 25 schools will want to steal him away from us and then a la Boise...

....we can have an Assistant Head Coach ready to take over with all our alumnus base knowing that is what he's being trained to do under a name or proven NCAA FBS coach who already has skins on the wall.

You have to admit, you don't get fair and balanced on this Canales business in the Denton Record/Chronicle, now do you?

"Many, many alums I know who read this board are insulted" Name them PMG! If you are going to reference them in your post have the balls to name them, I dare you to name the many many alums. Or are they just made up like your (5) long time major donor friends? :lol:

You're a wack job who lives in Fantasy Land!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Anti-Canales for HFC posters are being asked to give their cell phone numbers out so Coach C can call and attempt to change their minds and we have a few who you can now read who he seems to have been successful with.

Dude, if you are serious, you have gone around the bend.

Pretty clear that Coach Canales is not my first choice, yet no one has asked for my phone number to attempt to change my mind.

Maybe I should be offended?

"Many, many alums I know who read this board are insulted" Name them PMG! If you are going to reference them in your post have the balls to name them, I dare you to name the many many alums. Or are they just made up like your (5) long time major donor friends? :lol:

Plumm may be a little off his meds lately, but he's a longtime loyal fan of this program. Not someone who only showed up on this forum a few months ago and only writes about our coaching search.

As far as a name list of who else is annoyed and insulted by the Canales Family GMG Smile Time Carpet Bombing... Put my name at the top of it.

• Upvote 1

Plumm may be a little off his meds lately, but he's a longtime loyal fan of this program. Not someone who only showed up on this forum a few months ago and only writes about our coaching search.

As far as a name list of who else is annoyed and insulted by the Canales Family GMG Smile Time Carpet Bombing... Put my name at the top of it.

Put my name on the list as well, Jim keep it rolling!

• Upvote 1

But he did only show back up a couple months ago and now only writes about our coaching search..... Brah

I'm now pulling for Canales to get the job if only to spite Plumm.

Edited by Green P1
  • Upvote 2

Wack job? And my home of Parker County--Fantasy Land? :blink:

Are we getting a bit testy here? I found this board is like politics--the Democrats get all tense & testy when they find out most Americans just don't fall in line with their views so they get into name-calling. Juan Williams formerly of NPR? See how they treated one of their own because he upset them for being on what Obama very unwisely and stupidly called--the enemy's cable station ie, Fox? And then you have House Speaker Nancy Pleazzie' who calls those who are not in line with her crowd all Nazis and Racists and on and on and on...so you think "I'M" a wack job? The wack jobs are the ones presently running this country (into the ground) but for just 2 more years.

Actually, more than 5 on the insulted part. :unsure:

The last 30 plus years I got to know a bunch of UNT alums in Dallas (where I once lived) and also Fort Worth (where I lived for close to 20 years). Got to meet some great alums, in fact--many on this forum. Hellsbells, I used to plan and execute NT Exes meetings over in Fort Worth over at the Coors Hospitality Room (Meachum Exit, north I35W) when we'd have up to 100 in attendance (including a Chancellor) and back in that era, that would be considered a pretty damn large group for NT Exes. So yes, I do know a few UNT alums and have kept up with many of them to present day. In fact, I'm having lunch with one tomorrow over in Fort Worth who just happens to be an avid Canales supporter.

Give out their names? I don't think so....I don't need to lose their confidentiality because of you and your most obvious frustation with how all this will soon play out.

Chill out man, we have 2 wars going on in Iraq and Afghanistan that is a real reason to get tense and in today's news we have an American reared Moslem who is calling out all from their nation to kill the infidel, ie, us....as in...... Americans.

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Put my name on the list as well, Jim keep it rolling!

Me too. Plumm means well. He loves North Texas like no one else. He's just wound a bit tighter than usual. I'm doing all I can to talk him down from the clock tower ledge here in Parker County. It's not that we're worried he could get hurt, but his skull is so thick we don't want him to damage our newly rebuilt town square.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

That's not true. He doesn't think much of JJ's basketball success.

PlummMeanGreen SCOREBOARD. Brah.

I'm not a basketball guy, but I love Johnny Jones. How can you not with that million dollar smile of his? Yes, I've been critical of our entire BB history, but I am also my own biggest critic, too--we musicians tend to be that way.

I did say we need to one day get past the 1'st round and IMHO and FWIW...it will be Johnny Jones more than ANYONE we've ever had coach at North Texas who I belive will git'er done. I turn 60 in a few weeks, I just want things to move a bit more rapidly in Mean Green athletics than they have of late, fellow alums, that's all. :(

Forgive me of my obvious testiness, but this football thing does have me a bit tightly wound as fellow Parker County-ite FFR suggested. :rolleyes: FFR, if I ever get stuck on that ledge at our county's courthouse, you do know it will be you and your rescue unit who I will call first, pal! :P

KingDL1, when do we get some more of those great aerial shots of the new stadium? I have one of your classic shots as my screen or background photo on my laptop.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

But he did only show back up a couple months ago and now only writes about our coaching search..... Brah

I'm now pulling for Canales to get the job if only to spite Plumm.

Oh hell, I've now gone and done it! Helped get Canales hired because someone wanted to spite, uh, me? :blink:

I hate it when people spite me just to get somebody hired they actually were not pulling for to get hired originally? I just hate that.

FFR, I'm turning off my computer right now and will be heading to the Parker County courthouse clock tower!

:rolleyes:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Oh hell, I've now gone and done it! Helped get Canales hired because someone wanted to spite, uh, me? :blink:

I hate it when people spite me just to get somebody hired they actually were not pulling for to get hired originally? I just hate that.

FFR, I'm turning off my computer right now and will be heading to the Parker County courthouse clock tower!

:rolleyes:

Yep... and I've heard RV feels the same way.

This Sam guy just doesn't have a freaking clue about Plumm, not his fault, he has no idea that there are histories on this forum and some people do indeed know quite a few alumni. Sam must be a bit overexcited and felt the need to attack a guy he has never met. If Sam spends another 8 years posting then he may have some credablity too. But other than that I guess even a two year old can run off at the mouth and show his ass.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

It's hard to believe that any UNT alumnus would be offended by Coach Canales and his wife lobbying hard for the UNT job.

• Upvote 1

OK, I don't know who Dick is but apparently he is disliked by many on this board. I have removed all references within this thread to or about Dick. Unless Dick is candidate for our HC position, please don't mention Dick's name again - I'm tired of getting reports about him.

wow the hatred for Canales lobbying for the job? I mean would we rather have a previous coach and be sadists waiting to be called MF'ers and such and return to a bunker mentality. If there are major donors who want someone else then why don't they form a Foundation open their wallets and offer up $1 million a year in salary for their hand picked successor and that way let RV divert the extra money saved to the minor sports.

Sam must be a bit overexcited and felt the need to attack a guy he has never met.

So has your buddy Plumm has met the interim coach and his wife? The two people he attacks on these boards everyday. I don't care how long PMG has been posting, he's crossed the line and it's obvious MANY MANY posters feel the same way.

Do you even read these boards? Get a clue before you pop off.

<br>So has your buddy Plumm has met the interim coach and his wife? The two people he attacks on these boards everyday. I don't care how long PMG has been posting, he's crossed the line and it's obvious MANY MANY posters feel the same way.<br><br>Do you even read these boards? Get a clue before you pop off.<br>
<br><br>Simmer down. Have you met <b>anyone</b> on this board? Have you met either of the people that you are attacking? Edited by gangrene
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

So has your buddy Plumm has met the interim coach and his wife? The two people he attacks on these boards everyday. I don't care how long PMG has been posting, he's crossed the line and it's obvious MANY MANY posters feel the same way.

It's possible...to dislike everyone involved.

Actually no, PMGs just annoying, but his heart's in the right place. I'm sure you're a nice guy, too.

It's possible...to dislike the way bow up on everyone who disagrees with you while doing the "yeah, who's with me, amiright?" B.S. routine. Old Man Winter was posting from every Weatherford Starbucks and wifi hotspot before you showed up and he'll be here after you're gone...god willing and the creek don't rise.

• Upvote 1

So has your buddy Plumm met the interim coach and his wife? The two people he attacks on these boards everyday. I don't care how long PMG has been posting, he's crossed the line and it's obvious MANY MANY posters feel the same way.

So we isolate and demonize now if we don't fall in line with Chico? Isn't that the modus operendi of some of the present crowd in Washington D.C. from the book of Saul Allinsky? Funny how Chairman Mao and Allinsky are the role models of some of that crowd of late now isn't it? Hint: It will be a short-lived M.O.

Boring Texas History Lesson For Today For Some of The Canales Family Singers: My great-great grandfather was appointed by Sam Houston to be a Texas Ranger, circa 1833. Many gents in our pre-Republic Texas frontier were part of that most interesting group. A few fellow alums on this board actually know about him because they've told me they've read it in books. But Luther Thomas Martin Plummer was a sum'bich and one hardly made up of sunshine, lollypops and rainbows. His blood flows in my veins so I guess you might say it will take more than isolate and demonize to bother some of us native Texans or new transplanted Texans for that matter. Trust me when I say that communist son of a bitch Saul Allinsky would not have lasted too long in the Texas of the 1830's and truth be known...the Texas of 2010.

God Bless Texas!

• Downvote 3

Are there Starbucks in Parker county?

:clapping:

Yes and a few of us regulars just got management to change their regular musical menu of the Sons of the Pioneer, Tex Ritter, etc, and start playing Pat Boone, Roy Orbison, Don Henley, Meatloaf, Norah Jones, Sara Hickman, Michael Martin Murphy, etc, etc, etc, They asked me "why all those particular singers" and I told them, "come now now, you didn't know that talented group all attended Weatherford College?" :innocent:

Go UNT College of Music! :king:

• Upvote 1