Locker Room Video

bstnsportsfan3

If you haven't seen the Locker room video from the WKU game on meangreensports.com, watch it. This team has rallied around Coach Chico....and i think this video proves it. I know everyone wants a big name, me included, but this video really made me pumped at the Idea of Chico leading this team in the Future, great game, great coaching, and most importantly, GREAT PASSION.

Go Mean Green!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Same thing was done after the FAU win. I think Canales might have that "something" that makes the kids want to play for him. It will be interesting to see how we finish out the year.

It is good to see the team enjoying themselves. After all they have been through, they've never given up and continued to work hard.

• Upvote 1

If you haven't seen the Locker room video from the WKU game on meangreensports.com, watch it. This team has rallied around Coach Chico....and i think this video proves it. I know everyone wants a big name, me included, but this video really made me pumped at the Idea of Chico leading this team in the Future, great game, great coaching, and most importantly, GREAT PASSION.

Go Mean Green!

Like I said before, I don't want a big name, I just want us to win. And what Canales has done with this team even before he became he interim is amazing. He deserves the shot!

• Upvote 1

That was awesome. When Chico game RV the ball it looked like RV was crying too. The shot was a little blurry and a little hard to see but my first thought was oh my I think RV is in the moment right now!

I know it is just one game and I still would favor Leavitt coming here but I am encouraged of what might be coming up the rest of the season. Maybe...just maybe our bright future is in the right hands with Coach Chico. That video game me effing goosebumps!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

"Lock the gate!", I like it.

Did you notice that right after Coach Chico gave the ball to RV, you could see Riley standing in the background. Didn't look like he was too enthusiastic. I'm sure he has mixed emotions right now. Gotta feel for the kid.

Edited by Marty

Two things ring loud and clear in this video: 1) the kids love Coach C, respect him and will run through a wall for him, 2) Coach C is in this for the Team (not any single player) and they trust him, see his honesty, and his desire to succeed. These simple traits are what all of the top 20 program coaches possess and is the foundation for the complete success package. Coach C is going to be a successful head football coach in my opinion. Question is, will it be at UNT or somewhere else? Stay tuned!!

• Upvote 3

Two things ring loud and clear in this video: 1) the kids love Coach C, respect him and will run through a wall for him, 2) Coach C is in this for the Team (not any single player) and they trust him, see his honesty, and his desire to succeed. These simple traits are what all of the top 20 program coaches possess and is the foundation for the complete success package. Coach C is going to be a successful head football coach in my opinion. Question is, will it be at UNT or somewhere else? Stay tuned!!

I love that he wants to be here. He get's top grades in his first live test!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Beat WKU?

The way they beat WKU yes. And let's not forget that two of those years WKU wasn't even FBS. Not to mention what the team has gone through injuries wise, it wasn't an excuse like everybody had for when TD was running the show. Most people know I think TD is the worst thing ever to happen to this program and I am not claiming Chico to be Mean Green Jesus but dammit gave me and a lot of other fans encouragement for the rest of the season.

True, the same was said about Dodge, but that was prior to him coaching a single game for us, while the comment was made about Canales after coaching his first game.

How do some of you expect these young men to react after all the injuries, the promising start to the season, the death of a player and the coach that recruited them getting the axe? They deserve to celebrate this win through Sunday, but starting Monday it must be left behind and the focus and enery shifted towards Troy.

Edited by UNTLifer

He indicated in his interview that he has applied for some HC positions. That's encouraging, because I have been assuming that Coach Canales has always been happy being an assistant. If he has applied for a head coaching position (or two...or three) then that's a pretty big plus. He also strikes me as a person that would be comfortable speaking to groups and organizations....which RV says is a non-negotiable requirement for the HC job.

Looking pretty good..............so far.

If he has applied for a head coaching position (or two...or three) then that's a pretty big plus.

I don't see how applying for, and not getting, one or multiple head coaching positions benefits any candidate. So he wants to be a head coach. So do about 500 other assistant college football coaches. It doesn't mean they can do the job. The fact that other universities did not want him should be a point of concern, not celebration.

He lacks head coaching experience. He lacks experience in running a FBS program (recruiting, coaching, marketing, etc...). He has only won one game.

Let's all slow down on the cannonization, shall we?

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1