Locker Room Video

bstnsportsfan3

I don't see how applying for, and not getting, one or multiple head coaching positions benefits any candidate. So he wants to be a head coach. So do about 500 other assistant college football coaches. It doesn't mean they can do the job. The fact that other universities did not want him should be a point of concern, not celebration.

He lacks head coaching experience. He lacks experience in running a FBS program (recruiting, coaching, marketing, etc...). He has only won one game.

Let's all slow down on the cannonization, shall we?

I can only think that Jim Harbaugh pass up the NT deal after he went from QB coach to HC for DII San Diego and his last two years of three were 11-1. Since he has been at Stanford.....#10 this week. I believe he was a volunteer assistant at WKU for a while .... with his dad. Anyway......picking a HC at NT, just like other places, is almost a crap shoot. Name coaches fizzle ... look at Notre Dame, Minnesota, Texas Tech....etc.

Canales may be a Levitt clone....who knows....and he may win.

Levitt may win or not............who knows....???

Myself like others want someone/somebody.....who can turn it around.....and we all have opinions who that someone might be.

If Ann Coulter could coach & have coaching experience and recruiting experience in Texas I would want her.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I don't see how applying for, and not getting, one or multiple head coaching positions benefits any candidate. So he wants to be a head coach. So do about 500 other assistant college football coaches. It doesn't mean they can do the job. The fact that other universities did not want him should be a point of concern, not celebration.

He lacks head coaching experience. He lacks experience in running a FBS program (recruiting, coaching, marketing, etc...). He has only won one game.

Let's all slow down on the cannonization, shall we?

Interesting. Isn't Franchione your favorite to get the job. Seems to me that he has applied for quite a few jobs recently and been turned down for all of them. Isn't this a point of concern?

I can only think that Jim Harbaugh pass up the NT deal after he went from QB coach to HC for DII San Diego and his last two years of three were 11-1. Since he has been at Stanford.....#10 this week. I believe he was a volunteer assistant at WKU for a while .... with his dad. Anyway......picking a HC at NT, just like other places, is almost a crap shoot. Name coaches fizzle ... look at Notre Dame, Minnesota, Texas Tech....etc.

Canales may be a Levitt clone....who knows....and he may win.

Levitt may win or not............who knows....???

Myself like others want someone/somebody.....who can turn it around.....and we all have opinions who that someone might be.

If Ann Coulter could coach & have coaching experience and recruiting experience in Texas I would want her.

I expect RV to stick to his statement that we are conducting a national search for an experienced head football coach with a record of success.

Ditto...the republicans have just the hottest women! the dems....think halloween !

I can't believe so many people are jumping on the Canales bandwagon after a win over Western Kentucky, the most beatable team in the Sun Belt.

It's great that we won and the players got a much-earned chance to revel in victory, but let's not go crazy here and make UNT think Canales deserves the full job without looking at better known, more accomplished alternatives. It was WKU.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I can't believe so many people are jumping on the Canales bandwagon after a win over Western Kentucky, the most beatable team in the Sun Belt.

It's great that we won and the players got a much-earned chance to revel in victory, but let's not go crazy here and make UNT think Canales deserves the full job without looking at better known, more accomplished alternatives. It was WKU.

I haven't seen anyone say "hire canales"...everyone has said we should look at him closely...he could be a top choice...his heart is in the right place...he has to prove himself over the next several weeks, but we like him; his style; his passion....maybe this sudden turnaround in play is a tealeaf...lets keep the national search on and see what happens....I, for one, believe he should stay on at UNT in some role.

• Upvote 3

Was FAU a turnaround? Was Ball St. a turnaround?

It is one win. Over a team that has been ranked in the bottom 10 most of the year. A good win, but only one win.

One Win, but consider the circumstances thus far this season.

-15 Starters out with Injuries

-Teammate Passes away in car accident tragedy

-Head Coach Fired

-Playing with QB#3-Who is the son of the Fired HC.

-Playing on the Road against a Conference Team on their Homecoming, after they just won and put up 50+points.

-Defense holds a team without a TD for 1st time this year.

Dont take that away from the Man.

Go Mean Green

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

-Head Coach Fired

-Playing on the Road against a Conference Team on their Homecoming, after they just won and put up 50+points.

Go Mean Green

PREACH IT, SIR! AMEN TO THAT....

-Head Coach Fired

Go Mean Green

Actually, the defense holds a team without a touchdown for the first time since at least 2006.

IT IS ONE WIN. Seriously, I give Coach Canales all the credit in the world, but if we lose out we will have the same record as last year.

People are acting like we are magically healed and everything is now hunky dory in this program. It isn't. Enjoy the win, but lets not lose sight of the big picture. RV, I hope you are listening.

Actually, the defense holds a team without a touchdown for the first time since at least 2006.

IT IS ONE WIN. Seriously, I give Coach Canales all the credit in the world, but if we lose out we will have the same record as last year.

People are acting like we are magically healed and everything is now hunky dory in this program. It isn't. Enjoy the win, but lets not lose sight of the big picture. RV, I hope you are listening.

Good comments. Celebrate and give full credit to the win for the guys and the coaches.

Now lets see how the next games go and then we can talk about keeping him as the HC.

If Chico wins the remaining 5 games including KState he should get the job.

• Upvote 1

-Head Coach Fired

Go Mean Green

We don't have 15 starters out. Pretty sure it is 9 or less. We might have 15 players out for here, I'm just a little tired of the injuries being repetitively blamed for our record.