New Head Coach Support

KRAM1

OK, here's a question for everyone. Simple question...will you support the program however you can through season ticket purchases, Mean green Club memberships, donations to the stadium fund (at any level possible big or small), buying and attending individual games if you cannot buy season tickets, by bringing friends and/or family members to attend games (and maybe become fans)attending games, or simply by wearing and displaying Mean Green logos and not talking bad about the school or program, etc. no matter who is selected as the next head coach for UNT?

I ask because it seems we have folks (and not just on this board) who support the program "conditionally". Conditioned upon how they feel about something one way or the other. That is every one's right to do and to support or not support as they feel, but if UNT is to ever get over the hump and become that "big time champagne program" that we all say we want it to become, then UNT needs people to support the program however they can.

So, no "value judgement" attached, just a simple question. I have said that even if Mike Leach is anointed the next head coach I will support the program. It's UNT and it's the program that I support. UNT and the program is bigger than any one individual in my opinion. What do you say?

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

If we hire a ding-dong, no. No position coaches, or otherwise risky gambles.

As far behind as we've been since coming back to I-A/FBS, this is a critical juncture. Super conferences are looming the not so distant future. We have to be more serious about ourselves.

Nothing less than a bona fide head coaching choice will do. Someone with more than a decade at this level, preferable two. We've danced around long enough. Turn every coaching stone upside down and find someone to finally make this a successful program. To do otherwise is to keep wasting everyone's time, money, and effort. And, energy. This thing is tiring mentally if you really care about it.

• Upvote 2

Guest MeanGreenHomer

I am the biggest Todd Dodge fan around, but I will always love my school and stay committed to this university. Love the Mean Green through and through, can't wait to open up that new stadium next year.

I look at it this way, most people don't want him here, but at bare minimum, we'll have Jeff Bower, and the dude went to 10 bowls in 11 seasons, and I can easily support a guy with a track record like that. I think we'll be able to get someone even better than him, and if we don't I will still be very, very excited for next season.

Bower runs a run heavy offense, I have been dieing to see what Lance can do running from under center 25-30 times a game. Dude also has a stingy defense, regardless I will support, but I really like that the person some people don't want here is a very, very successful coach who did it at a program in the same mold as ours.

It wouldn't matter if we hired Charles Manson as the head coach. Crispin Glover as the OC and Glen Campbell as the DC. I would support the coaching staff and the University whole heartedly. I may not agree with the choice of coaching staff but damn if that wouldn't make for some interesting games.

The hire won't affect my season ticket purchase. Bring on the negatives but play on the field will and does affect my attendance. I, however, have supported Dodge through his entire tenure and believe any new coach deserves 2 years of unconditional support.

But, what if Lee F. Jackson appoints himself head coach?

• Upvote 2

It's not always easy being a Mean Green fan, but it's worth it. It's easy to be a Longhorn fan or a Sooner fan...SADLY for many who attended North Texas.

The degree in my office is from UNT and that's who I root for. Season tickets and Mean Green Club regardless of who coaches the football team. Our support goes to the whole school...not just one sport.

LET'S GIVE A CHEER FOR U OF NT!

Edited by T-Rock