Riley Committed To Staying With Unt

Keith7

http://www.ntdaily.com/?p=12899

“I love it here, I want to play football here,” Riley Dodge said. “Everyone thinks that because my dad is gone that I’m going to tuck my tail between my ass and run away. I’m dedicated to this university and to my teammates.”

I appreciate Riley's attituded and dedication to the university, and while he wasn't able to achieve success on the field, I thank Dodge for what he has done for the program and wish him the best of luck in the future.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

So here's a strange scenario. I know most of the parents of players who are able to attend games do so and support their kids to the fullest. Would TD come to the games to see RD play and, if so, what do you think the reception would be like? Let's be clear, I have no problem whatsoever with him in the stands but I am not sure how surreal that scene would be.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Say what you want about Riley Dodge but he is one tough young man. And from his comments, he's nothing short of a class act, just as his father. He represents our university well and will succeed in life when football is all over for him.

Thanks for sticking it out Riley.

Edited by DeepGreen

“I love it here, I want to play football here,” Riley Dodge said. “Everyone thinks that because my dad is gone that I’m going to tuck my tail between my ass and run away. I’m dedicated to this university and to my teammates.”

I love it that the NT Daily got a scoop on Vito - scoop on Riley's future, and quotes from Todd Dodge.

• Upvote 2

Jimmy Cracked Corn...

What the hell, man?

Personally, I'm of the belief Riley's year last season was the best QB play we've had since Scott Hall graduated...and as a freshman so it was destined to improve...but I get the argument on his size, turnovers, etc...

What I don't get is any ire towards him and anybody that would do anything but celebrate this story as a huge win for the program. The kid has played through so much and has showed nothing but the utmost dedication to his team, teammates and school. He probably won't be able to swing a golf club by age 30, but he's willing to further damage his arm when needed to step in and play QB. Whether he's lived up to his billing or not, he's an effing warrior.

• Upvote 7

What the hell, man?

Personally, I'm of the belief Riley's year last season was the best QB play we've had since Scott Hall graduated...and as a freshman so it was destined to improve...but I get the argument on his size, turnovers, etc...

What I don't get is any ire towards him and anybody that would do anything but celebrate this story as a huge win for the program. The kid has played through so much and has showed nothing but the utmost dedication to his team, teammates and school. He probably won't be able to swing a golf club by age 30, but he's willing to further damage his arm when needed to step in and play QB. Whether he's lived up to his billing or not, he's an effing warrior.

What he said............

What the hell, man?

Exactly. See his performance during the ULL game this year as evidence of his warrior mentality. Glad that he's staying here. He can be really dynamic with the ball in his hands. A leader and true asset to this program.

So here's a strange scenario. I know most of the parents of players who are able to attend games do so and support their kids to the fullest. Would TD come to the games to see RD play and, if so, what do you think the reception would be like? Let's be clear, I have no problem whatsoever with him in the stands but I am not sure how surreal that scene would be.

Todd Dodge won't be in the stands because he'll be on the sideline or in the press box of another school next year.

"I love it here, I want to play football here," Riley Dodge said. "Everyone thinks that because my dad is gone that I'm going to tuck my tail between my ass and run away. I'm dedicated to this university and to my teammates."

That is an awesome quote by Riley. One of the best I can recall from a player in the press.

The way Riley Dodge has handled this has given me much much much more respect than I ever had for the guy. I've always thought Todd Dodge was a very respectable man, but have not always been impressed by his son until now. This is based on personal interactions and not just observations from a far.

Well, just what I expected to hear from Riley...he's a class act just like his Dad. he was taught well and he learned what he was taught. I am very happy that Riley wants to stay and help UNT win. And, I expect him to be a big contributor to UNT's on-field and off-field success in the next two years.

I would hope TD would come back and watch Riley and the team play. Most of these guys were recruited by TD and he probably feels a bit of loyalty to them as well. While he may be coaching on Saturdays next fall...there are always off-weeks and different game times, so hopefully we will see him at UNT on game day this season even or next. I will be there to shake his hand, welcome him back and thank him for what he did to try to help UNT succeed.

GO MEAN GREEN!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Riley has sacrificed his body over and over for this university, and gotten injured every season he has played, but he keeps coming back. He played 3 quarters with a broken wrist and almost brought us back for a victory. He always talks up the university, and just like his dad is a class act. I am thrilled he has decided to play for the next two years, and look forward to watching him. And like many others, I welcome Dodge back into the stands to watch Riley, and hope he is received with the same class that he has showed all of us.

• Upvote 1

Riley has sacrificed his body over and over for this university, and gotten injured every season he has played, but he keeps coming back. He played 3 quarters with a broken wrist and almost brought us back for a victory. He always talks up the university, and just like his dad is a class act. I am thrilled he has decided to play for the next two years, and look forward to watching him. And like many others, I welcome Dodge back into the stands to watch Riley, and hope he is received with the same class that he has showed all of us.

You da' man, Riley! :clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

PS: Can someone find his campus email and send him this thread?

I really like his commitment to the university, he didn't sign a scholarship with Todd Dodge, he signed with UNT. I like him more than those other south lake quitters Dodge brought in my senior year. But to play devil's advocate, do you think another d1program would take him as a scholarship player at this point in his career?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I really like his commitment to the university, he didn't sign a scholarship with Todd Dodge, he signed with UNT. I like him more than those other south lake quitters Dodge brought in my senior year. But to play devil's advocate, do you think another d1program would take him as a scholarship player at this point in his career?

YES