If Leach Wont Come,

Ole Green Guts

Fran had trouble recruiting at A&M, do you really think he could recruit at UNT ?

I don't think he had trouble recruiting A&M. I think he recruited a lot of talented and skilled athletes...it just couldn't all be put together there that resulted in big time wins. I think he would be able to recruit well and win if he came to NT.

Fran had trouble recruiting at A&M, do you really think he could recruit at UNT ?

I don't think he had a hard time at all. Their best players right now are Fran recruits (Von Miller & Jerrod Johnson among others), and a vast majority of their 2008 class were committed long before Fran left College Station.

He could work wonders here. Unless Dodge works a wonder for himself.

I don't think he had a hard time at all. Their best players right now are Fran recruits (Von Miller & Jerrod Johnson among others), and a vast majority of their 2008 class were committed long before Fran left College Station.

He could work wonders here. Unless Dodge works a wonder for himself.

I bet Fran applies for the Gopher job. Fran to NT!!!

Dana Holgorsen is a good suggestion although I don't know how easy it would be to convince him UNT is a good spot for him. I think Leavitt would be an interesting hire. It would bring TONS of media attention to UNT which is just what they need. I don't think Fran is a good option at all. He is not that successful. Whatever decision is made, I hope RV makes the right one because it just might decide whether he keeps his job...

Carthel has WT A&M ranked #7 in the D-II rankings.

Or, maybe this guy, who has Abilene Christian ranked #4.

http://www.acusports.com/staff.aspx?staff=43

Or, how about the coach of the only team to beat Don Carthels team this year.

http://www.gvsulakers.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/mitchell_matt00.html

I am an ACU alum and highly recommend Chris Thompsen. What he has done at ACU is phenominal and I suggested on this board before Dodge was hired that UNT should take a look at Chris. I would hate to lose him at ACU but I think its just a matter of time anyway. I know one of the 1AA schools in Louisiana was looking at him last year.