Today's Shocker?

eulessismore

Yeah, Texas is overrated. You can't lose your starting QB for four years and think the offense will juck stay in gear. I felt the Longhorns could lose three games this season. They might lose four.

Watched this game in person. It's not the QB...it's an awful offensive line. I have no idea how that much talent can look that bad in the trenches.

Also, now that Colt and VY aren't around to bail out the vanilla gameplans with their feet, it's really fun to watch the fans turn on Greg Davis and his check down pass calls. Well, those that stayed through the 3rd quarter anyway. That was 60 minutes of schadenfreude at its finest -- nicely capped by our win and the Rangers clinch 15 minutes after it was over.

Watched this game in person. It's not the QB...it's an awful offensive line. I have no idea how that much talent can look that bad in the trenches.

Also, now that Colt and VY aren't around to bail out the vanilla gameplans with their feet, it's really fun to watch the fans turn on Greg Davis and his check down pass calls. Well, those that stayed through the 3rd quarter anyway. That was 60 minutes of schadenfreude at its finest -- nicely capped by our win and the Rangers clinch 15 minutes after it was over.

Mind-numbingly bad football played at DKR Saturday. A joke, really. UCLA whipped that ass.

Mind-numbingly bad football played at DKR Saturday. A joke, really. UCLA whipped that ass.

Texas defense was really getting headlines, until after this UCLA game, but someone made a good point about the fact that their defense is geared to stop Big XII--spread offenses (see Tech, OU, Mizzou, etc.) A team that can just run the ball within a traditional offense obviously gave UT problems. I thought OU would win the Big XII this year, but both UT and OU look really overrated. The entire Big XII looks down to me, though. Alabama, Oregon, Boise State, and yes, even TCU, would run rough-shod over the Big XII this year, IMO.

Texas defense was really getting headlines, until after this UCLA game, but someone made a good point about the fact that their defense is geared to stop Big XII--spread offenses (see Tech, OU, Mizzou, etc.) A team that can just run the ball within a traditional offense obviously gave UT problems.

Texas' defense is very good against the run, but UCLA was able to exploit the inexplicable constant crashing of the ends down the line, and made hay off tackle all game. Hell, UCLA even pulled out the option. They used Texas speed and over pursuit against them. Also, UCLA is very one-dimensional. Why not put 9 in the box and make the guy throw? Seemed like a strange gameplan from Muschamp. Bottom line is they were not ready to play, and got out-hit, out-hustled, and out-coached.

• Upvote 1