Embarassing

DeepGreen

I was snooping around the Army Athletics website, looking for information on the Black Knights football team. Nice site BTW. I noticed links to North Texas info, including the UNT Virtual Guide. I clicked on it, and to my shock, the link is for the 2009 Guide. Maybe I'm being picky here, but shouldn't an FBS football program have a 2010 Virtual Guide? These little things just drive me crazy! :angry:

• Upvote 1

And did you see that sweater vest that Rick V was wearing? I know I got away as fast as I could. It absolutely did not go with those pants.

Ah, so this really is a knit picking thread.......

OK, after a little sole searching, here's mine. We finally get the SOW on the uniforms, and, it's on the bottom of the cleats.

• Upvote 2

Plus, we probably have the worst online athletic apparel store in D1 athletics. Meangreengear.com is pathetic...

Don't get me started on this one......I mentioned my frustration on the podcast........ Meangreengear.com is advertised everywhere...banners...official website....at the tailgating area......but the site itself is really basic, error filled, and is really quite embarrassing.

Try clicking the picture of the golf bag on the front page of the gear section.......Evidently they don't have them, but that picture has been up for months.

I tried to buy my wife a green short sleeve North Texas shirt to wear to games. There are 2.........just 2........but if she wants a red/pink/raspberry colored item, there are 10. Can't even figure why there are so many red options to begin with.

Quite a few of the images won't even load. It has been this way a while. I'm actually amazed that the bad pictures haven't been fixed.

I emailed their customer service, so I'll report back on what they had to say.......Oh and if you decide to email them, the link doesn't work, you have to erase part of bad email address....

if this thread is about complaints... how about the ticket office. we want to sell more tickets but aren't prepared for the 24k that came to the Rice game. I had a friend trying to buy a GA ticket on the alumni side and after seeing an extrememly long line at the ticket office (well planned?) we walked to the pathetic storage unit ticket office on the student side. but they couldn't sell tickets that were on the alumni side! we then walked around the outside of the stadium to the alumni side storange unit, held up by cement blocks, and had to wait 10 minutes because there was only one credit card machine and they could only take care of one person at a time. we both were extremely frustrated and i could see how this experience would discourage a casual fan to the point of not wanting to bother. with the state of our program right now shouldn't buying tickets been an easier process?

• Upvote 1

Many of these complaints simply "go away" when the new stadium is built and opened.

Now, the web-site, well, that is another matter, but don't dare mention on GMG.com who might be responsible for some of that "lovely" site-work. :lol: The folks that really should be looking into this sort of thing seem to get a pass.....:unsure:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

And while I'm on a role.............

Thumbing through the current "Texas Montly", there's an ad for these really expensive, fancy leather belts with the silver and gold buckles and the emblem of participating universities. Baylor as the interlocked BU, along with the Bear, etc. I've seen these before and at $750 they are a little pricy for me. Who's missing? North Texas of course! Now if you want to purchase a Texas State Univ-San Marcus belt, you can. And get this, you can even buy a freakin' Lamar University belt, complete with the interlocked LU and the Cardinal.

What the f..k gives with our marketing, licensing, etc.? As big of a university as UNT is, we still act like a Junior College sometimes.

• Upvote 2

And while I'm on a role.............

Thumbing through the current "Texas Montly", there's an ad for these really expensive, fancy leather belts with the silver and gold buckles and the emblem of participating universities. Baylor as the interlocked BU, along with the Bear, etc. I've seen these before and at $750 they are a little pricy for me. Who's missing? North Texas of course! Now if you want to purchase a Texas State Univ-San Marcus belt, you can. And get this, you can even buy a freakin' Lamar University belt, complete with the interlocked LU and the Cardinal.

What the f..k gives with our marketing, licensing, etc.? As big of a university as UNT is, we still act like a Junior College sometimes.

Come on, I told you to be careful about mentioning anything about the marketing program. You are a brave soul. :unsure:

I was snooping around the Army Athletics website, looking for information on the Black Knights football team. Nice site BTW. I noticed links to North Texas info, including the UNT Virtual Guide. I clicked on it, and to my shock, the link is for the 2009 Guide. Maybe I'm being picky here, but shouldn't an FBS football program have a 2010 Virtual Guide? These little things just drive me crazy! :angry:

The whole football organization is pooh

I want to win, losing sucks

I recall RV saying that he wanted to see the program turn from a "beer program" to a "champagne" program. Well, if you want to be a "champagne" program one needs to start acting like it and talking like it and "showing" like it for quite some time before people recognize you as such. A bad web-site and bad links on the site is a "killer" these days in both the public and private sector. If you don't understand or appreciate that then you need to stay in the "beer program" category.

A web-site that is up to date, has up to date information and links is the "door to your program". One can "give a pass" to the folks responsible for this...and give me -1's for saying it...but, fact remains, this is an overlooked area for the UNT program and, in my opinion, a VERY big mistake. In today's Droid, Facebook, I-Pad, Blackberry, Tweet, video-game world if you don't understand the importance of such...well, welcome back to the dark ages.

Just sayin'............

• Upvote 2

I recall RV saying that he wanted to see the program turn from a "beer program" to a "champagne" program. Well, if you want to be a "champagne" program one needs to start acting like it and talking like it and "showing" like it for quite some time before people recognize you as such. A bad web-site and bad links on the site is a "killer" these days in both the public and private sector. If you don't understand or appreciate that then you need to stay in the "beer program" category.

A web-site that is up to date, has up to date information and links is the "door to your program". One can "give a pass" to the folks responsible for this...and give me -1's for saying it...but, fact remains, this is an overlooked area for the UNT program and, in my opinion, a VERY big mistake. In today's Droid, Facebook, I-Pad, Blackberry, Tweet, video-game world if you don't understand the importance of such...well, welcome back to the dark ages.

Just sayin'............

As much as I enjoy your painting of marketing and PR with a broad brush (and love the bat signal for me to chime in), I agree that this a huge vendor fail and needs to be fixed. There's a rash of social media vendors that are fighting to differentiate websites and I'm hopeful, with limited business for these vendors to go around, they don't have to settle with the current contract if this crap continues.

Also, your last sentence before "just sayin'" was just fantastic. If I hadn't been quoting you all summer in my signature, you'd have a cozy spot back with Bob.

• Upvote 1

As much as I enjoy your painting of marketing and PR with a broad brush (and love the bat signal for me to chime in), I agree that this a huge vendor fail and needs to be fixed. There's a rash of social media vendors that are fighting to differentiate websites and I'm hopeful, with limited business for these vendors to go around, they don't have to settle with the current contract if this crap continues.

Also, your last sentence before "just sayin'" was just fantastic. If I hadn't been quoting you all summer in my signature, you'd have a cozy spot back with Bob.

:w00t::thumbsup:

• Upvote 1