Let Me Be The First...

NCMeanGreen

This board baffles me. Todd Dodge doesn't throw Nathan Tune's interceptions or cause him to fumble. Todd Dodge can't hold Lance Dunbar's arms tighter so he doesn't fumble. Todd Dodge does not block on punt. Todd Dodge doesn't kick the ball out of bounds. Todd Dodge doesn't drop interceptions or miss tackles. As a matter of fact Todd Dodge doesn't call the offensive plays or tell Riley Dodge to get in the game. Do you think he goes to practice and coaches to throw interceptions, drop balls, kick the ball 50 yds out of bounds, every person imaginable block your opponent in the back, let your opponent block punts, miss tackles etc etc etc. You want to blame this game on someone? Blame it on the player's and their inability to execute and finish a game. Do you honestly think bringing in Mike Leach is going to fix our problems??? You can bring in Bill Belichick, Mack Brown, Lou Holtz, Jimmy "f-ing" Johnson, IT DOES NOT MATTER UNLESS THE PLAYERS EXECUTE THEIR ASSIGNMENTS. Get real people. Do you think they coach how to block or catch the ball differently??? You can have the greatest scheme offensively and defensively but if the players that are to be executing this scheme fail to execute their assignments then how the hell is that the coaches fault?

My suggestion: Get behind your team. This board is a cesspool from failure, complaining, and people that think they know the problems but are undoubtedly in the wrong.

Go Mean Green. This season is far from over and far from being a loss.

Hodw many passes has J. Jackson dropped in two years ?

and they are in their jobs because of rv...does he need to be fired???

i get that coaches coach, but it comes down to the player wrapping up and finishing his tackle. how can the coach be held responsible for the player not finishing his play???

The acceptance of losing on this forum never ceases to amaze me. Terrible special teams for 4 straight years a d you give the coaching staff a pass? Poor tackling for 4 straight years and you give the coaching staff a pass?

I completely disagree with you about this all being the players fault, but let's say you are right. Whose job is it to recruit players? Oh, ya. The coaching staff. Answer me this, in the last 4 years, after how many games have you felt that we were the better prepared football team?

I realy hope the kids can turn it around next week, I really do, but at this point I just can't see it,

All in all, it's safe to call this whole experiment an epic failure. Dodge needs to either submit his resignation or be fired on Monday morning. Chico needs to take the helm in the interim, and NT needs a new coach roaming the sidelines of the new stadium next year. If RV fails to recognize this need, perhaps he should go, too.

Amen

Remember - they scored 77 points on us two years ago - and squeaked by with a win tonight (by chance- not talent). As far as I can see this is a huge improvement. You guys were not at the edge of your seats two years ago and biting your nails. You all watched the game til the end while two years ago people left before half time. ...

Maybe you are upset because the game was so close is a good thing and not a bad one. A complete 77-10 blow out would have made me feel hopeless. Recognize we actually competed tonight.

All this negative feedback is really unbearable and embarrassing.

What's truly embarrassing is for some North Texas fans to accept "we actually competed tonight" as good enough in a coach's fourth year. Close losses are not improvement. There are no more moral victories.

If Dodge can't put together a winning season this season, we can't let him open up the new stadium. We're still waiting for the first Dodge season that's better than the 3-9 season that got Dickey fired.

• Upvote 1

What's truly embarrassing is for some North Texas fans to accept "we actually competed tonight" as good enough in a coach's fourth year. Close losses are not improvement. There are no more moral victories.

If Dodge can't put together a winning season this season, we can't let him open up the new stadium. We're still waiting for the first Dodge season that's better than the 3-9 season that got Dickey fired.

Amen, Brotha.

I couldn't have said it any better. No moral victories in year 4. Wins a win, loss is a loss.

Bravo! The only thong I would add is that Rice is a BAD football team, and it is embarassingly pathetic that this would be acceptable at this point in time for this program.

Bravo! The only thong I would add is that Rice is a BAD football team, and it is embarassingly pathetic that this would be acceptable at this point in time for this program.

I'm just pissed that Dodge blew Thompson's redshirt with that effort. I wish he put in Atterberry to play QB. You with me?!

Is this the thong you are talking about?

239870758v5_225x225_Front.jpg

I could dump on a lot of things related to coaching tonight, but the only thing I will say is that it is truly pathetic that we have not even been able to build something akin to a "D1AA" special team group in Dodge's 4th year. Truly pathetic.

It is amazing...How hard is it to not kick a kick off out of bounds? I watched college game after game yesturday and am not sure I saw one. This team has done it in back to back weeks in year 4.

Yeah... This is getting old... But let's tap the brakes a bit.

First, Dunbar dropping the ball isn't the coaches fault. Tune throwing a critical pick isn't the coaching staff's fault.

Second, those calling for Canales to be coach right now are many of the same complaining about how Riley is being used. How does shuffling the coaching staff today really change anything in the short term?

Many expected a 180 with the new OC, but we're starting the year with a new offensive scheme and a new QB. It's another rebuilding year.

I know patience is hard to come by around here at this point - I know as Tune lay on the field last night with 1:00 left on the clock, I turned to my wife and said "I'm really sick of this shit" and as tired and worn out as everyone here, but making sweeping changes 2 games in is not the answer. We've got to play the cards we've got and then reset for next year if we don't get the results we hoped for.

Let's quit beating each other up. It gets us nowhere.

• Upvote 2

Rudy... Please tell me you noticed the other receivers clearly past the first down marker? Dunbar was a check down (not the first check for clarification to you). Defense was backed off leaving a hole where dunbar caught the ball. Dunbar is a playmaker. Thompson made a decision to dump the ball to dunbar to make a play rather than tossing the ball up to covered recievers.

Thompson was flushed, he had to hit the safety valve. If had had been able to stand in the pocket one of the deeper routes might have developed. He didn't, he got the ball to Lance, and Rice made a good tackle. End of Game.

Thompson was flushed, he had to hit the safety valve. If had had been able to stand in the pocket one of the deeper routes might have developed. He didn't, he got the ball to Lance, and Rice made a good tackle. End of Game.

there should have been no deep routes on that play. 14 yards was needed to keep the game alive. they all should have been told to be at that location. most were well under or well past that. coaching.

there should have been no deep routes on that play. 14 yards was needed to keep the game alive. they all should have been told to be at that location. most were well under or well past that. coaching.

Well, 14 is a deep to begin with. You actually think a good play would be to have four guys run out and stand still waving their arms 14 yards out without trying to get open?

It's amazing how much mediocrity some North Texas fans are willing to accept.

agreed! our players and coaches don't know how to win because they havn't. after 5 years and only 10 wins, we have become to accept close games as some kind of a moral victory, even if we don't win them.in fact, we were happy with a 25 point lose at clemson because we had the ball 42 minutes. when td was hired, i thought it was a good hire. however, he brought his high school staff with him, which proved to be a disaster. i was a supporter of dd, but agreed that it was time for a change. its time for another one. as long as we set our standards low, we will meet them. i am not even upset with our recent loss. i am afraid that i have reached the point of acceptance, and am approaching "i just don't care anymore". someone throw me a lifeline, quick.

• Upvote 2

Well, 14 is a deep to begin with. You actually think a good play would be to have four guys run out and stand still waving their arms 14 yards out without trying to get open?

14 yards is a meduim route, beyond 20 is deep. yes i would put 5 receivers at the first down marker. a first down was needed, not 7 yards and a forwrrd fumble as executed.

This team needs our support now more than ever. Flooding the board with fire Dodge posts isn't gonna help anything.

I'm beat, I'm heartbroken, I'm frustrated, and I'm sad for the players who are injured, especially Tune my heart goes out to him and his family, but it is only 2 games, Dodge knows the heat is on now more than ever, I fully feel that we can win these next two games, if we come back home 2-2 the students will turn out the way they did today again, maybe more. But we have got to stay positive, we have not even started conference play, so please tap the brakes. Keep in mind this game and the army game mean nothing in terms of bowl games. We gave Rice that game, we straight up handed it to them on a silver platter. The dropped passes by Jackson and Carey are mind boggling, Chico will be studying the film and find ways to correct the on field play. This is only his second game with the team. So please tap the brakes, please.