Interesting Video And Review Of Clemson Game

All About UNT

does anyone know who DaWaylon Cook beat out to be starting? We need major help at that position.

Yeah...had the worst game of any NT player by far...he just seemed to be struggling mightily out there. And, yes, the pursuit angles were bad. What are our other options there?

• Upvote 2

Anyone notice at the 1:46 mark the referee give the Clemson player a "butt pat". Biased refs again! :unsure:

After watching that first big run for the TD at the 00:50 mark, Clemson #55 looks to be holding our player who effectively couldn't finish wrapping up and making the tackle. He still should have wrapped up better to tackle the RB at the line. But the Umpire is right there scared out his butt because he knows he's about to get squashed and can't make any call? The ref then effectively blocked two of our guys, Robertson and Cook? So the more I look at this play, it looks more and more as just a bad break.

Roberson was held on the long touchdown run to start the game, but it appeared most of our players over-pursued the play and provided the cutback lanes.

Cook had a bad game, but will be one of our better defensive players by the end of the year.

The tackle at the 4:14 mark was by James Hamilton.

Guys, we were playing Clemson, not U-LaLa. When you play a team with speed, it tends to expose you in many areas.

I'm already on record saying we'll win 9 or 10. But, I never said we'd beat Clemson. Rice doesn't have Clemson size or speed...or coaching. If we lose to Rice...then complain about "pursuit angles" and "overrunning plays" and whatnot.

I'm just glad they didn't blow us out. To me, it's a sign the that corner is turned. We've gone from a 79-10 opener in 2007, to playing Clemson pretty tough and holding them under 40. Have we held a BCS conference school under 40 since Dodge has been here?

No. We haven't held a BCS school under 40 points since September 25, 2004 in Waco, Texas when the Baylor Bears beat us 37-14.

The defense has made progress. You might not like to admit it, but they have. Recognize what is happening. We are better. This battle station is fully operational!

carrie_fisher_slave_girl.jpgsuperlaser_01ds.jpg

• Upvote 1

Guys, we were playing Clemson, not U-LaLa. When you play a team with speed, it tends to expose you in many areas.

I'm already on record saying we'll win 9 or 10. But, I never said we'd beat Clemson. Rice doesn't have Clemson size or speed...or coaching. If we lose to Rice...then complain about "pursuit angles" and "overrunning plays" and whatnot.

I'm just glad they didn't blow us out. To me, it's a sign the that corner is turned. We've gone from a 79-10 opener in 2007, to playing Clemson pretty tough and holding them under 40. Have we held a BCS conference school under 40 since Dodge has been here?

No. We haven't held a BCS school under 40 points since September 25, 2004 in Waco, Texas when the Baylor Bears beat us 37-14.

The defense has made progress. You might not like to admit it, but they have. Recognize what is happening. We are better. This battle station is fully operational!

carrie_fisher_slave_girl.jpgsuperlaser_01ds.jpg

Give Me Some of that JUICE! 100% agree.

As long as this cat isn't Rice....

star-wars+cat.jpg