Urging All Mean Green Tailgate Troops....

ParksAndRecRick

Dear Mean Green Family,

I urge everyone to fly the American Flag Saturday at our Tailgate Parties. Let's never forget the meaning that 9-11 will have on our Nation. It is also a grand time to honor OUR first responsders like FireFightinRick, Emmitt, FireFightingJoey and all the others that help keep our city, state and Country Safe.

Let's make it happen Mean Green Family!

ParksAndRecRick

"Mean Green's Biggest Homer"---Brett Vito

+1 EXACTLY! May we all never forget!

Edited by KRAM1

i go back and forth on these types of remembrances. why must we only do something to mark the occasion of something terrible/great(america's response)? why can't we always fly the flag that we are proud of? to me, flying or doing something on one day a year doesn't mean much. if it was that important of an event, the dedication/remembrance would go on everyday.

• Upvote 1

i go back and forth on these types of remembrances. why must we only do something to mark the occasion of something terrible/great(america's response)? why can't we always fly the flag that we are proud of? to me, flying or doing something on one day a year doesn't mean much. if it was that important of an event, the dedication/remembrance would go on everyday.

Am I to assume you do nothing special on your anniversary, Christmas or Easter? These too are things that could be "celebrated every day." Things are celebrated more heavily on select days because it gives everyone a chance, and reminder, to remember certain events as a whole.

• Upvote 1

Am I to assume you do nothing special on your anniversary, Christmas or Easter? These too are things that could be "celebrated every day." Things are celebrated more heavily on select days because it gives everyone a chance, and reminder, to remember certain events as a whole.

you would be correct. i don't do anything more on those days than i would any other day. gifts/love/remembrance/thought is done throughout the year and at various times. just because it's christmas doesn't mean i give gifts and celebrate with family. just because it's my anniversary, doesn't mean i buy my wife something for that day. i guess i'm a bit different.

i understand why having a certain day to do something as a whole is a way for everyone to come together and remember/celebrate something. i just don't think it should be held on just one day.

+1...excellent comments from Emmitt here folks. I certainly understand Radiogreen's point, but things like Pearl Harbor Day, D-Day, 9-11, etc. hold special places in the hearts and minds of the nation. I am extremely proud to be a citizen of this the greatest nation on the face of the earth EVERY DAY, but I do believe some days just deserve a bit of "extra" acknowledgement. September 11th is just one of those days for me!

Wait... The Easter Bunny was involved in this somehow? Ninjaface?

Somebody tell the truther people... I'll call Willie Nelson, someone call Mark Stepnoski.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

So what's the protocol. Half mast?

Not unless you are taking a boat to the stadium. :P

If you have a flag pole where you can display it at half staff do so. I believe the President will order it to be flown at half staff this Saturday, though a quick search on the Whitehouse web site didn't show where he has ordered it yet. If you do not have a flag pole where you can display it at half staff (like the small poles attached to houses) then fly it as you normally would.

Not unless you are taking a boat to the stadium. :P

If you have a flag pole where you can display it at half staff do so. I believe the President will order it to be flown at half staff this Saturday, though a quick search on the Whitehouse web site didn't show where he has ordered it yet. If you do not have a flag pole where you can display it at half staff (like the small poles attached to houses) then fly it as you normally would.

See?!!! He's trying to destroy this country!!!!

If you'll excuse me I have a Koran to burn Mr Hussein Obama!

Edited by emmitt01