Why You Should Try to Attend Mean Green Watching Parties

Harry

When we get our fans out in force at these food and drinking establishments it helps us represent the Mean Green to the marketplace. Plus next to being there it is the next best way to watch the game. Atmosphere - last years game at Pourhouse was electric and the win over Ball State was a clast! I know that for many of us it is convenient to watch the game from home, but if you can make it happen get out there and support the Mean Green in public. We will see lists of game watching places this week and I encourage you to attend if you can! I encourage all of you to consider attending the Pourhouse Game watching party this Saturday if you can, but also to consider attending other locations that appear on the board this week.

GMG!

Are the waiters and waitresses going to be wearing UT shirts? Last year I went to a game at The Pourhouse and was in total shock at the girl waiting on our table wearing a UT shirt. I asked her why in the world she would do that. She said she always wanted to go to UT but was going to NT instead. I asked her if she thought at a bar/restuarant around UT campus the owner would allow employees to wear other schools shirts (especially if that establishment was promoting a UT game). She replied "probably not." If The Pourhouse doesn't fully support NT and allows this, sorry but I'm going to Varsitys in Frisco.

I think this horse has been beaten to death. I'm glad the decision of a NT students T-shirt is the deciding factor or where to spend your Saturday. Let's drive the money out of the city of Denton and away from an alumni owned, NT Football,and GMG.com supporter. I mean really?

Think about this, if the Pourhouse demands students wear an NT shirt and they don't have it, they are going to have to provide it for them. Instead to make a college football season fun, and the fact these kids are giving up their Saturday, they offer to let them wear any college football shirt.

If that is a sticking point for you, and I have to admit I don't like it either, then bring it up to management at the Pourhouse. Ask them to change the policy for NT home games. Their first and main concern is that the fans, specifically NT fans have a good experience while watching a game. I think promptness of service etc should trump whats she's wearing.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 8

I guess you don't get my point. These are employees, whether they are students or not. If I have to bring this up to management because they don't see it themselves, that is sad. A NT t-shirt cost a whole $15, that is too high to spend to ensure that each employ has NT apparel. Sorry but there are too many choices to watch the game, even in Denton, to be served by someone wearing a UT shirt at a NT game watching party.

• Upvote 7

Agree 110%. Regardless of the cost of a t-shirt because that's beside the point, and no matter who owns the establishment, you cater to your clientele. If it was an NT watching party I would assume this was known beforehand...therefore the UT shirt should/could have been vetoed well ahead of time because your customers are there to watch NT and be surrounded by all things NT.

Furthermore, and perhaps more importantly, your question to this waitress " would you wear a North Texas shirt to a UT function?" is at the heart of the issue. UT fans wouldn't tolerate other school's apparel at Austin eateries...because they believe they are worthy of taking that much pride in their "turf.". They believe that Austin, if anywhere, belongs to UT. Why we continue to view our Alma mater and our alumni base as deserving anything less is far beyond me! Until we demand respect none will be simply given.

I guess you don't get my point. These are employees, whether they are students or not. If I have to bring this up to management because they don't see it themselves, that is sad. A NT t-shirt cost a whole $15, that is too high to spend to ensure that each employ has NT apparel. Sorry but there are too many choices to watch the game, even in Denton, to be served by someone wearing a UT shirt at a NT game watching party.

• Upvote 6

A waiter with half a brain working a UNT watching party should be smart enough to wear a UNT shirt if they wanted good tips. If UT was playing at the sametime & he or she had other tables in a different area then I can see why the waiter might wear a UT shirt

Other news, play by play for the game will be Pam Ward & Danny Kanell

Edited by NT03
  • Upvote 1

Giving up their Saturday? It's called a job. If they don't like working on Saturday then they should consider another job. If the Pourhouse, or any other bar for that matter, isn't smart enough to make sure their employees are decked out in Mean Green gear for a UNT watching party then they will have to deal with losing paying customers to other bars. We're not asking the wait staff to dye their hair green or name their first born Hayden. We're asking them to wear some Mean Green gear. My agreement goes to 111%.

• Upvote 2

I would shoot for 30 minutes to an hour for the best seats. They will have the game on practically every television in their so even if you aren't able to snag one of the coveted front row reclining chairs in the Mean Green roon there will be plenty of good spots to watch the game. We are planning some fun to take place during commercials and that will include some nice prizes that I will elaborate on more later in the week! Let me assure you that the Pourhouse will be rockin this Saturday. GMG!

I would shoot for 30 minutes to an hour for the best seats. They will have the game on practically every television in their so even if you aren't able to snag one of the coveted front row reclining chairs in the Mean Green roon there will be plenty of good spots to watch the game. We are planning some fun to take place during commercials and that will include some nice prizes that I will elaborate on more later in the week! Let me assure you that the Pourhouse will be rockin this Saturday. GMG!

Several televised games of teams with many DFW alums start at 2:30 pm, so expect some Whorn fans plus others to also show up...

Connecticut at Michigan 2:30 p.m. ABC / ESPN2 *7

Jacksonville State at Ole Miss 2:30 p.m. ESPN-GP *2 / CSS (cable)

Kentucky at Louisville 2:30 p.m. ABC / ESPN-GP *2

Purdue at Notre Dame 2:30 p.m. NBC (HD)

North Texas at Clemson 2:30 p.m. ESPNU (HD)

Texas at Rice (Reliant Stadium) 2:30 p.m. ESPN (HD)

UCLA at Kansas State 2:30 p.m. ABC / ESPN2 *7 / ESPN-GP *2

i remember several years ago, we were staying at a hotel in Austin. The front desk staff ALL were wearing North Texas jerseys. I don't know where they went to school or where they WANTED to go to school, but somebody had the sense to know who was paying the freight that weekend.

GO MEAN GREEN

what a tired topic. just tip $15 and ask her to buy a NT shirt with it and support her university.

it's funny. this topic began as a way to explain how important it is to represent NT well. is whining about every possible "insult" accomplishing this goal?

If the owner will PM me with the cost of decking out all their workers (for Saturday only) with a NT shirt, I will split the cost of clothing their employees.

• Upvote 1

If the owner will PM me with the cost of decking out all their workers (for Saturday only) with a NT shirt, I will split the cost of clothing their employees.

Great gesture. Thanks. Ok, and just to let folks south of the lake know...the Denton County Alumni will also host a watching party at Fox and Hound in Lewisville that day. If you can't make the Pourhouse event, come on to Fox and Hound. There will be a room reserved for our use and watch party.

Where ever you watch...cheer loud and cheer often for the Mean Green.

Agree 110%. Regardless of the cost of a t-shirt because that's beside the point, and no matter who owns the establishment, you cater to your clientele. If it was an NT watching party I would assume this was known beforehand...therefore the UT shirt should/could have been vetoed well ahead of time because your customers are there to watch NT and be surrounded by all things NT.

I don't disagree on most points, yes it irks the sh#t out of me people in Denton, specifically students don's support us, it kills me.

Yes we can remedy this situation a few ways.

However saying you(Green Machine) are going to go to a random place in Frisco to watch the game because of something over a year ago, is ridiculous.

This place supports this board and the Mean Green. Is it perfect? No way.

I just think this is weakest excuse to not attend a watching party there or anywhere for that matter

Actually...when you think about it....it is better that people form watching parties in different parts of the metro in that if everyone drove to the Pourhouse then we would only truly standout at one place. If there were 5-6 decent sized watching parties throughout the area (10-20 people) then you would get more exposure that way.

Actually...when you think about it....it is better that people form watching parties in different parts of the metro in that if everyone drove to the Pourhouse then we would only truly standout at one place. If there were 5-6 decent sized watching parties throughout the area (10-20 people) then you would get more exposure that way.

I dont disagree at all, but if you live in Denton and are going to drive out of your way that is foolish