Today's Chat Recap

All About UNT

For the record....had a couple drinks last night with dinner and got into the conference realignment chat with others at the bar (random like). The guy next to me kept referring to his team TAMU. I asked if he went there and he stated no....his dad did for a bit and his brother graduated there. This kid actually writes a small check to the 12th Man ever year and I asked why if he didn't go to school there? Its the Aggies...I get it. Later in the conversation he mentions "your team at UNT" and wants to know what happened to Vizza. I explained he left for TAMU and got zero playtime (now off the roster). He then asked..."aren't you guys building a new stadium?". I showed him the recent aerial flyovers courtesy of our resident pilot. He was impressed. I asked where he went to school.... "oh....well.....I have been at UNT for a couple years and graduate next year". I had nothing else to say to him.

Chat Recap

For the record....had a couple drinks last night with dinner and got into the conference realignment chat with others at the bar (random like). The guy next to me kept referring to his team TAMU. I asked if he went there and he stated no....his dad did for a bit and his brother graduated there. This kid actually writes a small check to the 12th Man ever year and I asked why if he didn't go to school there? Its the Aggies...I get it. Later in the conversation he mentions "your team at UNT" and wants to know what happened to Vizza. I explained he left for TAMU and got zero playtime (now off the roster). He then asked..."aren't you guys building a new stadium?". I showed him the recent aerial flyovers courtesy of our resident pilot. He was impressed. I asked where he went to school.... "oh....well.....I have been at UNT for a couple years and graduate next year". I had nothing else to say to him.

Chat Recap

Now, that is really sad. Amazing to me the guy even admitted that he attends UNT. Something is really "out of whack" with so many UNT students and alumni these days. Is UNT the Rodney Dangerfield of Universities???? Just can't "get no respect"! I really think it is good to engage these folks and start a conversation about UNT. Might not win many "converts", but could just make a difference in one or two. One convert at a time if that's what it takes. Thanks for stressing the positives that are UNT these days.

A 3-4 look on Defense? Do we have big enough guys for a 3 man front? I think if I were any coach lining up against UNT's 3 man front, I audible to a run up the middle. We don't have the size for that. Although AK in that hybrid DE-OLB role would be a perfect fit for him. I doubt we'll see this look much, if at all during games.

Everytime I see douchers in my classes wearing stuff from other schools, I really just want to yell out douche bag. Thats just how I have friends that went to Blinn, but told everyone they were at Texas A&M. However they are still yet to finish their degrees at a four year university.

A 3-4 look on Defense? Do we have big enough guys for a 3 man front? I think if I were any coach lining up against UNT's 3 man front, I audible to a run up the middle. We don't have the size for that. Although AK in that hybrid DE-OLB role would be a perfect fit for him. I doubt we'll see this look much, if at all during games.

I look forward to seeing a 3-4 look. It gives more coverage options and different blitz looks (assuming we try a blitz this season). As far as size, put Cantly and Dixon at the two ends with either Jackson or Shavod at the nose. Runs up the middle will still have to deal with two inside LBs. With AK running wild at the hybrid spot, I could see us wreaking some havoc with a well-timed shift to a 3-4.

Now, that is really sad. Amazing to me the guy even admitted that he attends UNT. Something is really "out of whack" with so many UNT students and alumni these days. Is UNT the Rodney Dangerfield of Universities???? Just can't "get no respect"! I really think it is good to engage these folks and start a conversation about UNT. Might not win many "converts", but could just make a difference in one or two. One convert at a time if that's what it takes. Thanks for stressing the positives that are UNT these days.

Also something worthy of note...I live in Irving and both last night and the last time I visited this bar...I noticed two separate people wearing UNT shirts.

Also something worthy of note...I live in Irving and both last night and the last time I visited this bar...I noticed two separate people wearing UNT shirts.

Now, that's a very good thing indeed!

Is the bar in Irving a sports bar?

Does this bar carry NT football games on their TV's?

What is the name of the bar?

This bar would be the ever smokey Spirit Grille in Irving (Northgate and MacArthur). They have crappy TVs...for watching purposes I should mention to you Irvingites that the Buffalo Wild Wings on 635 will show UNT games...I watched the Bama game there last year.